Uvalde School Shooting, 21 Dead

tvc184

5 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I think it is important only if someone helped him. He could have saved it, stolen it, used grandma’s credit cards, etc. If someone gave him the money knowing his intent, then that person also committed a crime.

If no one else was criminally involved, how he got it might be an entertaining footnote in a horrible story.

in my opinion……

And that is the point of my question.  Was someone complicit in this horrible story.  If they furnished money for the weapons and ammo, it’s also quite possible they encouraged the action for some nefarious reason.  But how many facts have been released?  Is it true that there’s still a lot of information unknown in the Las Vegas shooting?  I’ve heard that but have no idea, and researching it now would probably bring up more false stories than facts.  The internet is a wonderful tool, but folks ruin it with incessant 🐂💩.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

And that is the point of my question.  Was someone complicit in this horrible story.  If they furnished money for the weapons and ammo, it’s also quite possible they encouraged the action for some nefarious reason.  But how many facts have been released?  Is it true that there’s still a lot of information unknown in the Las Vegas shooting?  I’ve heard that but have no idea, and researching it now would probably bring up more false stories than facts.  The internet is a wonderful tool, but folks ruin it with incessant 🐂💩.

Any time there is such an incident a full investigation should be done to make sure no one else was involved. IF NONE were (which is extremely rare), then it really doesn’t matter.

I am always curious when there is such a huge incident in the news and the media reports that the police are investigating why the person was angry or suicidal or whatever.  I always wonder why it matters his motive if he is deceased. If they can track it to another person, great, file all the charges possible. But if investigation shows that he was a lone person acting without assistance, what does it matter?

His mama didn’t give him a cell phone until he was 15, his girlfriend later rejected him, he was bullied in second grade, etc. Sometimes I think that is just fodder for the media.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

I don’t feel like looking it up at the moment but I seem to remember something about the Columbine shooting and someone illegally helped them get some of the guns. I don’t think he knew there was going to be a shooting and probably went crazy when he found out but his crime of unlawfully getting guns for them caused  many deaths.

Certainly prosecute him. 

13 hours ago, Hagar said:

I thought I saw somewhere that the store let him buy the guns and ammo on credit? That is a standard practice though I believe. 

5 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

I thought I saw somewhere that the store let him buy the guns and ammo on credit? That is a standard practice though I believe. 

I read where the gun manufacturer "partnered" with a firm that encouraged an expensive "buy now, pay later" program.  It's not specific to gun stores at all and the source had no idea about the specifics of this purchase-just that the manufacturer might encourage credit purchases through a third party.

But if he used a credit card, isn't he still buying on credit?

I think that the annoying part is that people keep looking at so-called "evidence" as proof of a conspiracy.  

"How did the kid have the money to drive a loaded F250 and buy two ARs and a thousand rounds?  GEORGE SOROS, that's how!!!"

When in reality the kid was in a clapped out F150 and worked at Wendy's up until a few weeks ago, supposedly.  I don't know where he got his cash.  Grandma's credit card?  Stimulus money? Maybe he's just a saver... he had obviously been wanting an AR pretty badly. 

The fact that he purchased one isn't proof that there's some big conspiracy, Dale Gribble.  But I also expect major credit card companies to consider halting business with gun shops. 

I'll be curious to see where the $$$ came from if they ever tell us.

14 hours ago, Hagar said:

I’ve heard that but have no idea, and researching it now would probably bring up more false stories than facts.  The internet is a wonderful tool, but folks ruin it with incessant 🐂💩.

THIS!  I'm still seeing people post blatantly false narratives on their fb feeds.  I wonder what kind of clown gets up and decides "I know, I'll just start making stuff up about this current event."

It's the lamest form of trolling that there is. 

10 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

If true, it should be released.  In most cases the best way to stop a Conspiracy Theory is by exposing the facts.  Leave unanswered questions and bam, here come the CT’s.  That’s the deal here.  Simple question and the answer should be readily available.  No answer and soon you hear that he met Merrick Garland before the incident.  Merrick gave him the money to buy the guns & ammo - and a handful of morons will believe it.  Smdh

Just now, Hagar said:

If true, it should be released.  In most cases the best way to stop a Conspiracy Theory is by exposing the facts.  Leave unanswered questions and bam, here come the CT’s.  That’s the deal here.  Simple question and the answer should be readily available.  No answer and soon you hear that he met Merrick Garland before the incident.  Merrick gave him the money to buy the guns & ammo - and a handful of morons will believe it.  Smdh

Gotta remember that we live in a country that is more interested in the Johnny Depp trial than anything else.

Just now, LumRaiderFan said:

Gotta remember that we live in a country that is more interested in the Johnny Depp trial than anything else.

Good grief - what’s up with that?  Shows how crazy everything is now.  Good grief!  Do that many people care?  Good grief!  Gas is right at $5 a gallon.  Store shelves are empty, and they run ten minutes on that trial?  Good grief!  This is right out of The Twilight Zone.  Good grief!

2 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Good grief - what’s up with that?  Shows how crazy everything is now.  Good grief!  Do that many people care?  Good grief!  Gas is right at $5 a gallon.  Store shelves are empty, and they run ten minutes on that trial?  Good grief!  This is right out of The Twilight Zone.  Good grief!

Yep, gotta sift through 10 stories about that crap unless you’re on Newsmax.

….because it sells.

12 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I read where the gun manufacturer "partnered" with a firm that encouraged an expensive "buy now, pay later" program.  It's not specific to gun stores at all and the source had no idea about the specifics of this purchase-just that the manufacturer might encourage credit purchases through a third party.

But if he used a credit card, isn't he still buying on credit?

Correct - I should have been more clear though and said that I saw where everything was purchased through *store* credit (probably with the manufacturer's financing program, like you stated), as opposed to a credit card. 

5 hours ago, Hagar said:

I followed none of the trial whatsoever. I did watch the verdict however because I thought it was funny when you say millionaire actors admitting to getting mad at a spouse and crapping in the bed in retaliation.  You can’t even say these are normal people because they have money. Some are almost certainly just like anyone else when they get away from the set but talent and acting does not give them any more chance at reasonableness of being a normal person that anyone else. Famous people can be some really whacked out idiots. tossing money at them that they were probably not raised with just asked to their insanity in some cases.

But it is sometimes entertaining watching the exploits of rich people acting way more stupid than the average citizen living in a neighborhood.

And as far as looking at how he got money or credit, I can still find no information at all where it explains why the officers inside made mistakes by not going in sooner. I mean none other than various politicians and chiefs pointing fingers at other people.

They have released no information as to the information and ability of the officers in the hall except to say… It wasn’t me, it was the other commander’s fault and they should have gone in sooner.

Maybe  that is true but they have released nothing to back that up except the finger-pointing. 

7 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

And as far as looking at how he got money or credit, I can still find no information at all where it explains why the officers inside made mistakes by not going in sooner. I mean none other than various politicians and chiefs pointing fingers at other people.

They have released no information as to the information and ability of the officers in the hall except to say… It wasn’t me, it was the other commander’s fault and they should have gone in sooner.

Maybe  that is true but they have released nothing to back that up except the finger-pointing. 

SUPPOSEDLY the ISD chief stopped cooperating with the Rangers.... but I honestly don't know.  I'd assume the FBI or somebody has to be looking into it by now.

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

SUPPOSEDLY the ISD chief stopped cooperating with the Rangers.... but I honestly don't know.  I'd assume the FBI or somebody has to be looking into it by now.

If I was Uvalde or Uvalde ISD police chief, I am not sure I would cooperate either.

I honestly don’t remember a police incident where so many commanders or politicians were falling all over themselves pointing fingers. They have their scapegoat(s), now the walls are moving in to attack.

I am really disgusted in the way this has been handled after the fact. There might’ve been bad mistakes made but they are not looking at it to improve or to see what happened. They are looking at it to clear themselves and to look leader like by pointing fingers.

15 hours ago, tvc184 said:

If I was Uvalde or Uvalde ISD police chief, I am not sure I would cooperate either.

I honestly don’t remember a police incident where so many commanders or politicians were falling all over themselves pointing fingers. They have their scapegoat(s), now the walls are moving in to attack.

I am really disgusted in the way this has been handled after the fact. There might’ve been bad mistakes made but they are not looking at it to improve or to see what happened. They are looking at it to clear themselves and to look leader like by pointing fingers.

I was just thinking this. Different law enforcement agencies are usually always sticking up for each other (or at least not looking to throw the others under the bus) in all the similar news stories I can think of.