Lumberton has gone VIRAL

29 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I’m not saying he would have but if he had the lead and did that and won then what would people be saying.  

whether you agree or not it was a different tactic that I’m sure silsbee has never seen…. 

Key part, having the lead.

I never have issue with a coach that has a lead and forces the other team to play a defense that they would not have played. It's why I hope we never get a shot clock.

The National Federation of State High School Associations at its April meeting approved a 35-second shot clock for use beginning in the 2022-23 season.  

California, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, and Washington already have it.

It's time for Texas to begin a pilot program and then proceed with a phased implementation.  Start with 40 seconds, which is an eternity really. 

The cost would be less than $10,000 per gym for very nice systems.  Cooperative packages could reduce that cost significantly.  If a vendor knows he's got 8 or 15 or 20 gyms to do one after the other, one vehicle operating from a single hotel for several weeks, he's going to give a good price. 

You need a trained official to run the clock, but he doesn't have to have the skill set of the guys on the court.  So you're looking at $75 a game, 15 games max, that's less than $1200 per season for a given school.  

All the college and arena venues where playoffs and tournaments are held already have the equipment.

Being a Tigers fan it's kind of a moot point.  They could live with a 10 second shot clock.  But I think almost all the kids would love it.  It would add a little extra drama to each possession.  It's second nature at the college level.  

The only problem is that it's about to take off nationally and supply chain could become a thing!

1 hour ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

That’s embarrassing. I honestly hope the players parents don’t think this was good idea. You play to win the game.  

i’m parent of #10 

i don’t like Lumberton stalling

but they not only ones 

i hated it when LCM stalked against Lumberton with both tv news teams there looking for game of the week and they stalling play rock/paper/sissors 

and i really hated it when i was OF player and we did it entire game 

BUT there is no rule saying you can’t stall - and that is a coaching choice 

so i guess until rule change we will continue to not like it but accept it as a coaching strategy 

I am a staunch proponent of no shot clock. I like the fact that coaches have a vast supply of strategies (minus the one used last Friday in Lumberton) to enable his/her team the best chance to be successful. You wouldn't have that with a shot clock. I see it at the college and pro level. It's all pretty much the same. Not all teams have the personnel to "run and gun" like others have. Slow down ball does not bother me one bit. I like having the diversity.

Just now, The Observer said:

i played for OF. back in - way back - early 80s

stalked on SFA - they were ranked - and it flustered them - OF won 26-24 in dbl OT

now i as player would rather lost than stall but i wasn’t coach 

I am betting Orangefield was never down by 10+ to SFA when they were stalling.

8 minutes ago, The Observer said:

i’m parent of #10 

i don’t like Lumberton stalling

but they not only ones 

i hated it when LCM stalked against Lumberton with both tv news teams there looking for game of the week and they stalling play rock/paper/sissors 

and i really hated it when i was OF player and we did it entire game 

BUT there is no rule saying you can’t stall - and that is a coaching choice 

so i guess until rule change we will continue to not like it but accept it as a coaching strategy 

I could see stalling the ball by passing it back and forth atleast it looks like your doing something. But the whole huddle thing. LCM huddled up like that? When Coach Harley was at LCM they played stall ball the whole game. The whole stall ball thing kind of reminds me of Vidor’s slot T offense 😂

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

and had one of his players not step out of bounds, get fouled, get a 5 second call and tied up during the 3-4 times they tried this stunt, it would have certainly lasted more than 3 minutes. Game was 5-2 Silsbee at that point but those turnovers resulted in a 12-2 Silsbee lead. Kind of hard to try and do it again trailing by 10. One would really look silly.

Kinda like you, keyboard warrior.

I believe He did try it in the second half once or twice…

4 hours ago, GronkIfYourHorne said:

Was Silsbee worried about getting beat on their home court last year for the district championship?

You probably "where" not worried about your 1st grade spelling test either?

You played our freshman/JV team. Silsbee's varsity was in quarantine until the day before that game, in fact only a few varsity players was able to play that game. That pandemic played havoc. You are in need of some education. 

1 hour ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I could see stalling the ball by passing it back and forth atleast it looks like your doing something. But the whole huddle thing. LCM huddled up like that? When Coach Harley was at LCM they played stall ball the whole game. The whole stall ball thing kind of reminds me of Vidor’s slot T offense 😂

no they did like two kids in one corner playing rock/paper/sissors, 2 kids standing on same side at other corner 

and Lum just sit back and watch

i think LCM might been up like 8-4

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

no they did like two kids in one corner playing rock/paper/sissors, 2 kids standing on same side at other corner 

and Lum just sit back and watch

i think LCM might been up like 8-4

Yea that’s embarrassing too. One of the few reasons why I left LCM. Maybe Peevy will make a coaching change since that’s a Crouch hire

That was terrible.  Sorry.  Not basketball in any sense of the word.  And I agree with AAW re shot clocks in HS basketball.  I am a huge fan of the shot clock in high level basketball.   But we never get Milan, IN (team Hoosiers was based upon) if they had a shot clock.  For a multitude of reasons, it’s a bad idea for high schools with the exception of the Grind Session and other national leagues.  

3 hours ago, The Observer said:

no that’s true - SFA got tip scored 2 and then we went into stall- LOL

we could only shoot if we get a lay up

Hard to get layups when you’re in a football huddle linking arms out beyond the volleyball line.  Sounds like y’all at least moved the ball around some.