Who will be the new Chief of PNG?/Jeff Joseph named lone finalist

Indianforever

17 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

You have inside knowledge or letting your emotions see into the future?

I guess TD’s comments in the PA News answers your question. I don’t have no reason for emotions to take part in anything I say. He will meet through Skype and email. I believe his comments say everything you need to know. Like I said before I’m sure he can help find some good coach’s. May be a good $20,000 spent. I just don’t understand why they didn’t get the guy they wanted from the get go. They let social media and angry people get in the way. They had a guy they wanted and should have done whatever it took to get him if they wanted him that bad. People were pissed when they let Burnett go and got BF. BF got here and brought excitement back and won pretty often. People eventually will get over BF being let go. I’m sure every board member and the Supt wants whats best for PNG. And I dam’n sure don’t think any of them would do anything to hurt PNG. People are on social media bad mouthing these people and wanting them booted out. Everyone don’t know the reason’s BF was let go. It seem’s like for the last several years I was hearing he was gone and it didn’t happen. I heard at the end of last season he was gone and he would be replaced and then seen the other guy was hired somewhere else. And the firing never took place. 
 Hell I was upset when they didn’t hire Kyle Green and hired Coach Carter as the baseball coach. All Coach Carter did was win a State Championship and is a top notch guy. So I’m sure they will find the right guy again. Hiring TD as a  consultant will certainly help them find the right guy. 

1 hour ago, 90PNGNDN said:

Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but my money is on an interim "Head Coach" from Westlake till TD can take the helm back.  I mean why else would he even take this on .. he has nothing to prove at this point.

Would someone want to leave Westlake for a guaranteed 1 year position if that was the case?

2 hours ago, 90PNGNDN said:

I think you misunderstand me .... all I was saying is that the Asst would be HC for 1 yr until he can take over...but he would still be employed after that, most likely DC if I had to guess.

No, that's what I meant. I'd think a lot of Austin Westlake assts could go be coordinators right now somewhere.  But maybe there's someone that Dodge is close to that would be up with that. 

Just now, dillonpanthers said:

No, that's what I meant. I'd think a lot of Austin Westlake assts could go be coordinators right now somewhere.  But maybe there's someone that Dodge is close to that would be up with that. 

And I would think if you're a current coordinator ar Westlake you wouldn't be ok with moving to PNG for a year as HC then being a coordinator at PNG. You'd just stay at Austin Westlake and try and win another ring. 

6 hours ago, Eagle91 said:

Like I said before I’m sure he can help find some good coach’s. May be a good $20,000 spent.

Hiring TD as a  consultant will certainly help them find the right guy. 

I do think TD's guidance will benefit PNG. 

This seems like "deflection" money spent by PNG to me. If whoever comes in under TD does not perform as well as hoped, then they can always point back and say "heydon't blame us, we just did as TD told us". It looks like an attempt to insulate themselves from responsibility.      

7 hours ago, OC07 said:

Some of you still don't get it, Phone Consultant, only if his phone rings, only if the head coach chooses to call him. It's that simple and that's all it is.

That is exactly what he said in a news article.

If they need some information, they are going to call me.

Of course that is not nearly so juicy as thinking of him on the side lines calling some offensive plays or being the man behind the curtain head coach, etc.

On 2/2/2022 at 9:44 PM, 1989NDN said:

Dodge was 1-2 vs. PN-G.

1978 SOPH: 34-13 Indians at PAISD Memorial Stadium

1979 JR: 26-14 Indians at The Reservation

1980: SR: 14-13 Jackets at The Reservation

Statistically, Dodge did not have good games vs. PN-G.  He would have been 0-3 but for his defense bailing him out and stopping the Indians' 2-point try.  The 1980 Jacket offense gets the hype because of Dodge, Duhon, and Bruce Miller, but the Jacket defense was no slouch.  Don Holloway at LB.  DLs Terrell, Wallace, Hancock, Kip Cooper, and I bet I am forgetting some.  Good times...good memories.

Dodge had the misfortune of having to go up against Doug Ethridge coached teams!

Dodge was thrown in with a new coach and new system as a sophomore starter…  Lots of young men didn’t buy into the new system, quitting the team-and forcing many underclass men to step up … Took some lumps the first couple years not only installing a completely different Offense with youngsters but competing against good staffs like PNGs WOS And Vidor…The lumps taken  created a pretty good group come the fall of 1980….

On 2/3/2022 at 7:16 PM, OC07 said:

Some of you still don't get it, Phone Consultant, only if his phone rings, only if the head coach chooses to call him. It's that simple and that's all it is.

You can see several people still have issues reading and comprehending. Which some of these remarks are just stirring the pot wanting reactions.

On 1/27/2022 at 12:14 AM, navydawg31 said:

A very good friend and a current South Houston head coach called and asked questions about the job. Has ties to this area and graduated from Lamar, He would be a great fit for PNG if he decides to throw his name in the hat. A home run like hire, 

He’s got a interview 👀👀

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Who will be the new Chief of PNG?/Jeff Joseph named lone finalist