Carthage vs Crosby

Cougar14.2

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Heard the same thing from Texas High fans in regards to Clayton Smith who was a lot higher ranked than Lewis and had exponentially better film than he does to this point. I don't remember him really doing anything of consequence. Lewis is a lot closer to what Crosby saw out of current UT commit Derrick Brown. Lewis is the same size as our starting running back, we have had trouble with smaller backers like Brian Johnson at Manvel but 90% of the plays I'm watching Lewis make are because he's clean. That won't be the case with Crosby. 

I remember him looking lost and confused. 

2 hours ago, Bansheefan said:

How many of those 4 graduated

3 of them. 2nd, 3rd and 4th leg. If those kids were fast enough to walk off on FB Marshall and Longview, what do you think we’re pulling off the shelf? Like Coach Surratt said, we’ll still be the fastest team y’all face all year. 

22 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

3 of them. 2nd, 3rd and 4th leg. If those kids were fast enough to walk off on FB Marshall and Longview, what do you think we’re pulling off the shelf? Like Coach Surratt said, we’ll still be the fastest team y’all face all year. 

Well dont say we're seeing 5a state champ speed then only one there now

26 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

And I wouldn't call a tenth of a second victory walking off

24 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Despite all the chest pounding on both sides, this still is going to be one of the premier opening week games.  Be willing to bet all the fans get their money’s worth.

Not according to crosby were not even in same league as them figuratively and literally so should  be a blow out

1 hour ago, Bansheefan said:

Not according to crosby were not even in same league as them figuratively and literally so should  be a blow out

Like most HS Football fans, Crosby folks have a tendency to see more than’s there.  They know it’s a good challenge.  Hats off to both.  Crosby dropping down to play a lower class powerhouse and Carthage moving up playing a very good 5AD1 team.

14 hours ago, Bansheefan said:

No doubt Carthage is the real deal.  They have consistently produced winners for years.  Crosby was a very good football team last year.  I think they will be a good team this year.  You are getting way too worked up about a non district game.  Its only football.  What a glorious escape from the stress of life!!  Enjoy it!!   I'm gonna give Carthage the edge by 3 to 7 points.  

Shame so many players will be out.  Carthage having to bring quite a few jv players.  Any other coach would have canceled the game but as scarce as games are, Surratt knows the players need the work.  And to bury a friend earlier in the week, he has a lot on him.