Carthage vs Crosby

Cougar14.2

I suspect Carthage will show up.  May not be a 100% Carthage, but they’ll still be handful.  A great contest for both schools.  Imo, certainly one of the top premier games in the State opening weekend.

BTW, I hope someone will post a link for the livestream.  I’d really love to see it.

19 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Supposedly half of Carthage's football team has COVID and they just had another death of a young person in town. Looking more and more like this one might not be a go. I really hope we find another game if this is the case, may be time to ask Stepp to send a tweet out. 

That’s inaccurate. 

43 minutes ago, 4thstring said:

That’s inaccurate. 

Which part? The number of kids that have it? I said “half” arbitrarily because that’s the term that was used on the other board. If you’re talking about the kid that passed away, that’s what the guy from Carthage posted. They literally have a “Prayers for Carthage” thread. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Which part? The number of kids that have it? I said “half” arbitrarily because that’s the term that was used on the other board. If you’re talking about the kid that passed away, that’s what the guy from Carthage posted. They literally have a “Prayers for Carthage” thread. 

Was not a kid his kid was qb for carthage few years back

13 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Carthage - 35

MECCA - 14

If that happens might as well just call Carthage the 2021-22 state champions. 0 scrimmages, practices affected by COVID and they still hold a high powered 5AD2 offense to 14? 

Add to it scoring 35 on a team anchored by 5AD2 All state D-tackle. 

Could happen but that would be far more impressive than a shootout that this could be. 

44 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

If that happens might as well just call Carthage the 2021-22 state champions. 0 scrimmages, practices affected by COVID and they still hold a high powered 5AD2 offense to 14? 

Add to it scoring 35 on a team anchored by 5AD2 All state D-tackle. 

Could happen but that would be far more impressive than a shootout that this could be. 

They actually have gotten to scrimmage Marshall a couple of weeks ago. I like Soulja's prediction, I'm expecting to see a lot more of them this week. 

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Carthage - 35

MECCA - 14

In a real game Crosby would've probably just beat Angleton something like 52-20. Had Angleton not had COVID issues last year they probably make the playoffs in a district that swept y'all. I don't think Carthage is 53 points better than 5A-D1 Angleton. Not even Aledo could hold last year's Crosby team to 14 points, if healthy this team is going to be better. 

Last year when we scrimmaged Tomball I left saying, "Dang, there's a lot of things to work on/clean up". This year after watching where we already are during the Angleton scrimmage I left saying, "FB Marshall and Liberty Hill are the only teams that can keep us from going back to the title game." 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

In a real game Crosby would've probably just beat Angleton something like 52-20. Had Angleton no had COVID issues last year they probably make the playoffs in a district that swept y'all. I don't think Carthage is 53 points better than 5A-D1 Angleton. Not even Aledo could hold last year's Crosby team to 14 points, if healthy this team is going to be better. 

Last year when we scrimmaged Tomball I left saying, "Dang, there's a lot of things to work on/clean up". This year after watching where we already are during the Angleton scrimmage I left saying, "FB Marshall and Liberty Hill are the only teams that can keep us from going back to the title game." 

Only edit I'd make is Liberty Hill does not look nearly as stacked this year as last. Not sure we would even see them if we can get past that extremely good FB Marshall team again. 

44 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Only edit I'd make is Liberty Hill does not look nearly as stacked this year as last. Not sure we would even see them if we can get past that extremely good FB Marshall team again. 

I don't really think we would see them this year either. I didn't point them out because of their personnel, it's because of that offense. Vidor was never stacked and they beat us twice with that offense. Crosby can't seem to defend the slot-T which is the main reason I pointed out LH. Oddly enough Liberty Hill was the last team to beat Carthage before they ran off 30 straight.  

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Not even Aledo could hold last year's Crosby team to 14 points, if healthy this team is going to be better. 

Not sure if using us as an example helps much. 9 teams (almost 10) scored more against us than Crosby did. 

Lone Star 32

Cedar Hill 27

Arlington Seguin 26

Mansfield Timberview 28

Cleburne 20

Burleson 24

North Forney 24

Frisco 27

Lovejoy 48

WF Rider 28

Crosby 21