Carthage vs Crosby

Cougar14.2

40 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

Lol well thanks for not discrediting the win. 

Spread would’ve been the same either way, that was obvious by halftime. Even if Crosby would’ve made the plays we had been all playoffs and scored a couple more tds Aledo would’ve just gotten 70 and we would’ve still lost by 35. I thought the punter taking off on 4th and long killed is more than anything, had to play perfect and that was a backbreaker. 

4 hours ago, Bansheefan said:

They will see another good one Thursday not totally sure what we will get out of our offense  but judging by scores they gave up last year I think we will be ok

Which scores? You think Carthage has personnel like Manvel, FB Marshall or Aledo, and y’all lost to Liberty Hill last time y’all played them so I know that’s not who you’re talking about? 

36 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Nah, still would’ve been Cedar Park who lost by 45. We’re not head and shoulders above anybody, that’s why we’re ranked #12 even after a finals appearance. Don’t tell me you’re one of the ones that when the facts are pointed out you go immediately to the “You act like Crosby are world beaters” comments🤦🏾‍♂️

Not at all just trying to get the pot brewing been to long. Lol honestly I really can't even try to make an prediction nor should anyone else be able to since one first game of season,2 these teams have never played each other before and three with the whole covid situation with carthage not really sure what kinda team they are going to be able to field 

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Which scores? You think Carthage has personnel like Manvel, FB Marshall or Aledo, and y’all lost to Liberty Hill last time y’all played them so I know that’s not who you’re talking about? 

Well for one that was three years ago just had a off night it happens and if I'm not mistaken yall lucky yall didn't get beat by them last year and just cause we are a small school I think you will be surprised what our personnel look like there is a reason we have ran 4a last 10+ years both division 

4 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

I have no idea what you are trying to say. 

Ok. Aledo held Crosby to their lowest point total of the season. I don’t think Carthage’s defense will be as good as Aledo’s, plus I think this Crosby offense will be better than the one Aledo held to 21 last year.

Above was my justification in the original post I was responding to which was about Crosby being held to 14 points. It is a little misleading because I actually think Huntsville had the best defense we faced with those Bobino brothers but the point still remains in regards to how I view Aledo’s defense vs Carthage’s. 

47 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Ok. Aledo held Crosby to their lowest point total of the season. I don’t think Carthage’s defense will be as good as Aledo’s, plus I think this Crosby offense will be better than the one Aledo held to 21 last year.

Above was my justification in the original post I was responding to which was about Crosby being held to 14 points. It is a little misleading because I actually think Huntsville had the best defense we faced with those Bobino brothers but the point still remains in regards to how I view Aledo’s defense vs Carthage’s. 

Got ya. I'd be surprised if the offense is better than last years. Yall were pretty dynamic and tough to play. 

1 hour ago, Bansheefan said:

Carthage d gave up 100 pts last year with almost everyone returning  so you may be surprised how good they are also yalls offense may be better by end of the year I just don't see how they could be better with so many new faces first game of the year 

Y’all gave up 109 points and only actually played 13, not exactly apples to apples with Crosby playing 16 physical games. Yes Carthage’s defense was better in 4A-D2 than Crosby’s was in 5A-D2 though. 

I’ve only seen one “new” face on offense. The other new starters are just the backups from last year. QB, RB and receivers got plenty of playing time in blowouts last year. 

• Surratt would rather win by 3 and work on some things than win by 28 and not get the work in on things he wanted to work on.  Not saying he doesn't want to win every game but he will plan the season with the only objective of winning another title.  You will be deceived if you look at games and scores before playoffs.   

1 hour ago, aledoalumni said:

Got ya. I'd be surprised if the offense is better than last years. Yall were pretty dynamic and tough to play. 

Last year’s offense only averaged 41.3ppg and about 435ypg. I say “only” because we’ve had offenses that have averaged over 50ppg and 500+ypg. Our ‘20 offense was pretty dynamic but purely in statistical terms this year’s  team is more than capable of exceeding it. 

All six skill starters for Crosby are listed at 6ft or taller except one, and he may have had the best scrimmage of all the receivers. Two of the receivers are 4.4 kids and one was on the state championship 4x100 team this past Spring. What I couldn’t tell was if our offensive line is really as good as they looked or if Angleton was a little lost up front? 

15 minutes ago, Bansheefan said:

Yeah real tough scedule had 2 team out first ten games make it past first rd of playoffs

George Ranch finished second in their 6A district behind Ridge Point and most likely would’ve advanced were they not forced to forfeit. Montgomery lost in the 2nd round. Manvel lost in the 4th round. Barbers Hill lost in the 2nd round and Nederland lost in the 3rd. That’s half our regular season schedule, wth are you talking about? 

Not to mention beat the #5, #4, #3, and #7 ranked teams in 5A-D2 who were all undefeated when we played them. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

George Ranch finished second in their 6A district behind Ridge Point and most likely would’ve advanced were they not forced to forfeit. Montgomery lost in the 2nd round. Manvel lost in the 4th round. Barbers Hill lost in the 2nd round and Nederland lost in the 3rd. That’s half our regular season schedule, wth are you talking about? 

Not to mention beat the #5, #4, #3, and #7 ranked teams in 5A-D2 who were all undefeated when we played them. 

Barbers only made it to second round because there first rd game could not be played Nederland folded soon as they played a team with a pulse what were those teams ranked at the end of the year? I mean depending on when you look at the rankings carthage played 8 games against top ten teams  played the number2 ranked team twice in pg and then gilmer was ranked #2 by end of season

4 hours ago, Bansheefan said:

Barbers only made it to second round because there first rd game could not be played Nederland folded soon as they played a team with a pulse what were those teams ranked at the end of the year? I mean depending on when you look at the rankings carthage played 8 games against top ten teams  played the number2 ranked team twice in pg and then gilmer was ranked #2 by end of season

Correction BH played Galena Park in the 1st round .