Carthage vs Crosby

Cougar14.2

7 hours ago, Bansheefan said:

Barbers only made it to second round because there first rd game could not be played Nederland folded soon as they played a team with a pulse what were those teams ranked at the end of the year? I mean depending on when you look at the rankings carthage played 8 games against top ten teams  played the number2 ranked team twice in pg and then gilmer was ranked #2 by end of season

Smh, BH destroyed Galena Park in the first round. Maxpreps shows it 51-14, not a forfeit. You must be mixing that up with Carthage's first round game which was a forfeit.

The rankings I listed was their ranking at the times we played them. Manvel, Texas High, Huntsville, FB Marshall and Liberty Hill were all undefeated at the time we played them. Aledo had a loss to Cedar Hill but was still ranked #2 when we played them in the title game. That's six ranked teams, one of them being a class above us. I'm looking at it as what they were ranked when we played them, otherwise I would be throwing BH in there who was ranked at #9 at one point last year. 

I only see four teams that finished the season ranked in the top 10 on Carthage's schedule, #3 - #6. 

This is the funniest thing I've read all year. 

When a team two classifications below attempts to claim they had comparatively similar competition. 

Rankings are fun I wonder what would happen is we compare the # of D1 athletes faced by each team. Willing to bet FB Marshall and Manvel alone have more than the entire schedule yall played. 

12 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

Got ya. I'd be surprised if the offense is better than last years. Yall were pretty dynamic and tough to play. 

Yea, I agree. every coach I've talked to say the same thing. they were a different level of fast. Willowridges coach said it felt like they looked like they were running in mud when they watched the tape after.  

1 hour ago, Cougtalk said:

This is the funniest thing I've read all year. 

When a team two classifications below attempts to claim they had comparatively similar competition. 

Rankings are fun I wonder what would happen is we compare the # of D1 athletes faced by each team. Willing to bet FB Marshall and Manvel alone have more than the entire schedule yall played. 

Carthage fans have a lot of confidence because they beat Marshall yearly and they think it will be the same against Crosby. I dont think it will be as easy for them. No doubt pound for pound Carthage is elite but there are legit levels when talking about all the teams regardless of classification. Carthage is not ranked as high as they think they are.  

Aledo you love to bash Carthage.  Why is that?  You continue to troll any thread that references Carthage.  Who is playing up in classification in this game and who is playing down?  LOL.  Carthage has always tried to play up in preseason but it has become increasingly difficult with their success.  How many 6-A teams does Aledo play?

1 hour ago, house said:

Aledo you love to bash Carthage.  Why is that?  You continue to troll any thread that references Carthage.  Who is playing up in classification in this game and who is playing down?  LOL.  Carthage has always tried to play up in preseason but it has become increasingly difficult with their success.  How many 6-A teams does Aledo play?

I think they played Cedar Hill barely lost to a 6A team that went to state. I remember they used to schedule Cedar Park every year. Same classification but different div. 

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Smh, BH destroyed Galena Park in the first round. Maxpreps shows it 51-14, not a forfeit. You must be mixing that up with Carthage's first round game which was a forfeit.

The rankings I listed was their ranking at the times we played them. Manvel, Texas High, Huntsville, FB Marshall and Liberty Hill were all undefeated at the time we played them. Aledo had a loss to Cedar Hill but was still ranked #2 when we played them in the title game. That's six ranked teams, one of them being a class above us. I'm looking at it as what they were ranked when we played them, otherwise I would be throwing BH in there who was ranked at #9 at one point last year. 

I only see four teams that finished the season ranked in the top 10 on Carthage's schedule, #3 - #6. 

Yeah at finish maybe but kilgore pg gilmer played twice center jasper china spring salado wimberley were all top ten when we played them 

2 hours ago, house said:

Do I love to bash Carthage? What have I said to really bash them lol. You consider a couple comments trolling? Hmm... Interesting. Maybe you are right. I've not completed my sensitivity training yet. 

1 hour ago, MrFleet23 said:

I think they played Cedar Hill barely lost to a 6A team that went to state. I remember they used to schedule Cedar Park every year. Same classification but different div. 

Yeah Idk about his comment. No need to drown em with facts but we played (and had a chance to beat) the 6AD2 state finalist these last two years. Aledo has also played teams like Cedar Park, Lake Travis, and Highland Park over the years amongst others. Not a great point by him. 

6A 2020 Cedar Park- state finalist, lost by 10

6A 2019 Denton Guyer- state finalist, lost by 3

1 hour ago, Bansheefan said:

Yeah at finish maybe but kilgore pg gilmer played twice center jasper china spring salado wimberley were all top ten when we played them 

Ah, got you. So in your mind 4 loss Kilgore, 4 loss Center, 4 loss PG, 4 loss Wimberly, 3 loss China Spring, 2 loss Jasper and 2 loss Salado was tougher than one loss Manvel, FB Marshall, Huntsville, Texas High, Liberty Hill and Aledo? Four of which lost their one game to Crosby. 

Also, Kilgore, Center, China Springs and Wimberly were not ranked when y'all played them. I don't see where they were ranked at all during the season, but they definitely weren't when they played Carthage. Only teams that were ranked when y'all played them were #5 PG, #3 & #5 Gilmer, #4 Jasper and #6 Salado. 

3 hours ago, house said:

That's because there's really no value for the larger team playing down. If Crosby beats Carthage the narrative will be, "They're the bigger school, they're supposed to win". Carthage wins it will be, "I told y'all we could play with teams in 5A". How at all does that benefit Crosby? I'd much rather play a George Ranch type opponent like we did in the opener last year.

I'm sure the Longview, Lone Star, Ennis and Highland Parks of the world would love to beat Carthage's head in on a regular basis but there's absolutely zero value in it. 

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That's because there's really no value for the larger team playing down. If Crosby beats Carthage the narrative will be, "They're the bigger school, they're supposed to". Carthage wins it will be, "I told y'all we could play with teams in 5A". How at all does that benefit Crosby? I'd much rather play a George Ranch type opponent like we did in the opener last year.

I'm sure the Longview, Lone Star, Ennis and Highland Parks of the world would love to beat Carthage's head in on a regular basis but there's absolutely zero value in it. 

While we got you on 14.2 what do you think about Yarbrough? Is he ready for varsity Thursday night?

6 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That's because there's really no value for the larger team playing down. If Crosby beats Carthage the narrative will be, "They're the bigger school, they're supposed to win". Carthage wins it will be, "I told y'all we could play with teams in 5A". How at all does that benefit Crosby? I'd much rather play a George Ranch type opponent like we did in the opener last year.

I'm sure yall would cause would be less embarrassing  to loose to them 

2 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

While we got you on 14.2 what do you think about Yarbrough? Is he ready for varsity Thursday night?

I think he could get some run later in the year, especially if we start blowing people out. Pass pro is always brutal for the young backs though and usually keeps them off the field early. If we were forced to play him I think he could be effective right now as a freshman though. I think the first ones to contribute from that freshman class are probably going to be Windfont and whoever that other kid was coming off the edge that they moved up to scrimmage with varsity. Windfont would probably already be out there if our edge guys weren't 6-3/220. Not sure he's big enough/experienced enough to play in the middle yet. 

22 minutes ago, Bansheefan said:

I'm sure yall would cause would be less embarrassing  to loose to them 

And if we kick y'alls teeth in, then what? We go to Manvel the next week and they laugh saying, "You thought those guys would get you ready for us?" Y'all would rather lose to Crosby instead of PG too, right? Pretty elementary logic there. 

15 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think he could get some run later in the year, especially if we start blowing people out. Pass pro is always brutal for the young backs though and usually keeps them off the field early. If we were forced to play him I think he could be effective right now as a freshman though. I think the first ones to contribute from that freshman class are probably going to be Windfont and whoever that other kid was coming off the edge that they moved up to scrimmage with varsity. Windfont would probably already be out there if our edge guys weren't 6-3/220. Not sure he's big enough/experienced enough to play in the middle yet. 

He got some spin at MLB in practice Monday. 

16 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

And if we kick y'alls teeth in, then what? We go to Manvel the next week and they laugh saying, "You thought those guys would get you ready for us?" Y'all would rather lose to Crosby instead of PG too, right? Pretty elementary logic there. 

Well we may loose but I can guarantee you one thing it will be a battle will not be no teeth kicking in either way

Carthage schedules the best competition they can pre district not for bragging rights but  to prepare for a title run.  It has become more and more difficult to find teams that will play.  Don't know why Crosby agreed to this 2 year deal but we know they thought they had a pretty good team last year.  Guess that one wasn't played due to a storm.  

18 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Not to mention beat the #5, #4, #3, and #7 ranked teams in 5A-D2 who were all undefeated when we played them. 

I hope there was a documentary published on the Crosby 2020 season.   That’s never going to happen again. YA’ll will still be talking about it 40 years from now.  Magical season no doubt. 

17 minutes ago, Eazy said:

I hope there was a documentary published on the Crosby 2020 season.   That’s never going to happen again. YA’ll will still be talking about it 40 years from now.  Magical season no doubt. 

That’s what they said about the 2014 season. No offense but you kinda sounding like a hater right now😂