Lumberton 80 Silsbee 70/FINAL

WOSgrad

7 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Silsbee should have win this district even doing a re-building year with ease.  Yates by all standards are having a down year, this was the year for teams in district 23 to get some revenge and put an L on Yates.  Yates is undefeated in district while going though a re-building year.    

Silsbee has a team full of freshman and sophomores. Maybe 2 seniors. They had to play 2 games without varsity members due to COVID-19 and lost as they had to run their freshman team out there. They will be fine. Lumberton has a kid who is a solid D1 basketball player. No shame in losing to them. Silsbee will be fine. 

56 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee has a team full of freshman and sophomores. Maybe 2 seniors. They had to play 2 games without varsity members due to COVID-19 and lost as they had to run their freshman team out there. They will be fine. Lumberton has a kid who is a solid D1 basketball player. No shame in losing to them. Silsbee will be fine. 

The Tigers have 4 seniors maybe a fifth if he is still with the team.  3 of which saw action last night.

Waking up and seeing this score, I had to wonder if I was in the Twilight Zone, lol.   Congrats to the Raiders.  I knew McClure was a good player after watching him for a year, but wasn’t expecting much support.  Kudos to the other Raiders for stepping up their game.   Had to be a team effort for them to beat Silsbee, anytime, anywhere.

11 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Another glaring stat from this game:

Lumberton was 31 of 46 from the field, 67%

Silsbee was 22 of 67, 33%

Saw those stats on the game highlights on MaxPreps, don’t know how accurate they are. MaxPrep can be a little off. Good stat for Silsbee if these stats are accurate.

Steals: Silsbee 18 - Lumberton 5

Blocks: Silsbee 4 - Lumberton 1 

8 hours ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

But even if we lose one and they win out they will still be a game behind us

RaiderGirl2010, I have to give you your flowers on predicting that win last night. The majority had Silsbee winning, including myself who predicted Silsbee by 18. Hope to see y’all in the playoffs this year. 

18 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

RaiderGirl2010, I have to give you your flowers on predicting that win last night. The majority had Silsbee winning, including myself who predicted Silsbee by 18. Hope to see y’all in the playoffs this year. 

I just had a gut feeling with the boys knowing the history they could make that they would do it. 

Well at least we won the dunk count 🙂

I don't think I ever seen a Raider attempt a dunk in a game, at least not against us. They got a kid that puts on a pretty good show in warmups, but I don't think they let him play.

I really don't believe Silsbee is gonna beat Lumberton by 40 - 50 points next year either. This is new Lumberton with a good coach and kids that play hard for him. I know we've got decades of mental conditioning to overcome when it comes to this, so it can be pretty hard to do.

27 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

So, let me get this right.... A team with a D1 player defeated a team without a D1 player?

That team lost 4 starters last year plus the 6th man, lumberton is pretty young also. Gotta give credit where credit is due Lumberton wasn’t picked to make the playoffs, Coach Mitchell has done a dang good job with group. 

I'll let everyone else decide who the young team is between these two:

(starters in bold)

Lumberton

#1 soph

#4 senior

#10 junior

#12 junior

#15 soph

#20 senior

#21 senior

#23 soph

#24 senior

#25 junior

#32 junior

#44 freshman

Silsbee

#1 freshman

#2 freshman

#3 junior

#5 soph

#10 freshman

#11 senior

#12 senior

#14 senior

#15 freshman

#20 senior

#22 junior

#23 soph

#32 soph

#33 soph

11 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I'll let everyone else decide who the young team is between these two:

(starters in bold)

Lumberton

#1 soph

#4 senior

#10 junior

#12 junior

#15 soph

#20 senior

#21 senior

#23 soph

#24 senior

#25 junior

#32 junior

#44 freshman

Silsbee

#1 freshman

#2 freshman

#3 junior

#5 soph

#10 freshman

#11 senior

#12 senior

#14 senior

#15 freshman

#20 senior

#22 junior

#23 soph

#32 soph

#33 soph

Yeah idk why people keep saying “Oh Lumberton is young to”. Look... Lumberton has a D1 player and a great coach. Silsbee isn’t near what Silsbee usually is. That’s why Lumberton won. Overall I don’t know if a team from this district makes regionals this season, but we will see.