Lumberton 80 Silsbee 70/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Almost a week passed and were still talking about this game?  Lumberton won it and will finish as district champs.  Don’t matter how it happened.  2 games left.  Finish strong and make the push into the playoffs...  🤦🏾🤦🏾

Really? You really doing this?👀

18 hours ago, Who That said:

Realistically if Silsbee Varsity squad didn't haft to sit out them two games we all know who the district goes to.! I kinda think its funny that Lumberton really think deep down they out right won it. 😂🤣

You sure about that.

only lumberton loss was silsbee

It would be a split with your scenario givin they both win remaining games.

so silsbee wouldn’t of out right won it either.

silsbee played at home against lumberton......what happen?

Do your research before you spat off. Nothing to laugh about.

9 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

You sure about that.

only lumberton loss was silsbee

It would be a split with your scenario givin they both win remaining games.

so silsbee wouldn’t of out right won it either.

silsbee played at home against lumberton......what happen?

Do your research before you spat off. Nothing to laugh about.

How bout dat Buddy? 👀

Guest mrtomcat
On 2/6/2021 at 7:48 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

That is not the case 100% of the time. Could show you many examples that counter your point.

Not at the 4a level and below you cant.  There are no examples

Guest mrtomcat
On 2/6/2021 at 8:48 PM, TxHoops said:

Correct.  One from a few years ago comes to my mind 😉 (and in a lower classification).  

He’s going to be right way more than he’s wrong though, especially when dealing with a wing with size who can handle and shoot it, or a PG. 

Give me an example (4a level and below) where that is the case

4 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

Not at the 4a level and below you cant.  There are no examples

Oh, now you have a caveat, 4A and below. Your first post didn't state that. This is your post:

"That means nothing.  Go look at any boys basketball program in the last 50 years (as long as I have been around) in SouthEast Texas.  If the team has a D1 basketball player returning, that team will finish 1st or 2nd in their district HANDS DOWN 10000000% of the time.  There is not an argument that opposes this fact."  

Again, there have been such cases.

I believe TxHoops is referring to Orangefield from a couple of years ago.

Guest mrtomcat
19 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Oh, now you have a caveat, 4A and below. Your first post didn't state that. This is your post:

"That means nothing.  Go look at any boys basketball program in the last 50 years (as long as I have been around) in SouthEast Texas.  If the team has a D1 basketball player returning, that team will finish 1st or 2nd in their district HANDS DOWN 10000000% of the time.  There is not an argument that opposes this fact."  

Again, there have been such cases.

I believe TxHoops is referring to Orangefield from a couple of years ago.

You are right.  I did not specify classification, but I intended to.  (in reference to the classification of the teams listed in this thread)

5 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Not being funny but when is the last time Lumberton won district in basketball or even football? 

I don’t think Lumberton has ever won district in basketball, but I know they won district in football in 2007 (same year they took down the defending state champs In the playoffs) and I believe the following year in 2008.  

29 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I don’t think Lumberton has ever won district in basketball, but I know they won district in football in 2007 (same year they took down the defending state champs In the playoffs) and I believe the following year in 2008.  

Lumberton has only made basketball playoffs 4 times 

8 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

Orangefield had a d1 player a couple years ago?  Who, the adopted kid from Uganda ?  Catt ?  Where does he play now?

From Cameroon.  He plays at South Plains, currently the #1 ranked juco team in the country.  Had about 10 D1 offers but NCAA didn’t clear him until August (due to international issues) so he decided to play a free year of juco (since this season doesn’t count against eligibility anyway).  But I’m not disputing your claim would be correct the vast majority of the time (and is technically correct in this case since he isn’t playing D1 - yet 😉).