Port Neches-Groves 40 Beaumont United 37/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Exactly.  And we looked so much more better tonight than we looked against WB last week..  I feel good about this team when district starts next week.

its abt time u tell me what I need to hear.ill be at there next home game.and then ill follow that by catching titans game. Man PAM is rolling. Great job fellas..

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I have no problem with the offensive play calling.  Very good game plan vs PN-G. My problem is The Indians came out of halftime with a new offensive game plan and we made no adjustments on defense.  It all started with that zone read where Bost kept it (got about 10 yards a pop). That opened up those slant plays.  Indians had maybe 60 yards of total offense in the first half and in the second half, I’m willing to bet they had almost 350 yards of offense.  You cannot lose a game when you were up 26-0. But I did take some positives from this game.  

1. BU’s Thomas is a gamer and will be a force in this district.

2. The young Safety Porchia did really well in getting his hands out to deflect passes.  
3. Teams won’t be picking on #2 Rivers

4. Our young o-line held their own all night.

5. PN-G’s Bost is the truth.

6. PNG’s defensive issues is NOT a players issue.  Take that however you want to take it.

7. On Texan Live, I don’t know who I hate the most out of the Camera Man or the audio guy.

Good take. My thoughts on PNG's defense are that they seemed to be in the right position more in the second half than in the first, but there were still way to many arm and hand tackles. These might be fixable problems. What worries me the most is that the defense has been entirely unprepared for the first quarter two games in a row. Maybe that can be fixed too. The defense deserves some credit for making a few key plays. I have to wonder why BU didn't throw more, as they did so successfully nearly every time they tried. Near the end, it was a given they would run. BU's QB is extremely fast. The BU O-line deserves a huge shoutout as well. The punched holes in PNG all night. 

9 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Good take. My thoughts on PNG's defense are that they seemed to be in the right position more in the second half than in the first, but there were still way to many arm and hand tackles. These might be fixable problems. What worries me the most is that the defense has been entirely unprepared for the first quarter two games in a row. Maybe that can be fixed too. The defense deserves some credit for making a few key plays. I have to wonder why BU didn't throw more, as they did so successfully nearly every time they tried. Near the end, it was a given they would run. BU's QB is extremely fast. The BU O-line deserves a huge shoutout as well. The punched holes in PNG all night. 

I believe our whole oline are sophomores.  Good to see them getting one push.  Last week, they were driven backwards by WB.

1 minute ago, Yeoj said:

Dude that hasn't gotten old to you yet? I mean damn, the school is on its third year of existence. You are being pretty ridiculous. Smh...

nope.

just as people say the BUTCH will always be the BUTCH well as long as they are on OZEN campus it will always be OZEN.

plus they still play football like OZEN.   LOL

5 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

@Rez Ipsa , just moving forward, y’all DC need to tale more chances with different stuff and not let teams just keep doing the same thing all night and consistently move the ball.  If y’all shore that up, y’all will get through district as the champs.

good point - It would definitely help if we didn’t stay on auto pilot through the first two quarters. I think PNG is showing a lot of potential, tons of room to improve, and a lot of talent to work with. We’ll be in the mix for district. 

On 10/2/2020 at 11:48 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

I have no problem with the offensive play calling.  Very good game plan vs PN-G. My problem is The Indians came out of halftime with a new offensive game plan and we made no adjustments on defense.  It all started with that zone read where Bost kept it (got about 10 yards a pop). That opened up those slant plays.  Indians had maybe 60 yards of total offense in the first half and in the second half, I’m willing to bet they had almost 350 yards of offense.  You cannot lose a game when you were up 26-0. But I did take some positives from this game.  

1. BU’s Thomas is a gamer and will be a force in this district.

2. The young Safety Porchia did really well in getting his hands out to deflect passes.  
3. Teams won’t be picking on #2 Rivers

4. Our young o-line held their own all night.

5. PN-G’s Bost is the truth.

6. PNG’s defensive issues is NOT a players issue.  Take that however you want to take it.

7. On Texan Live, I don’t know who I hate the most out of the Camera Man or the audio guy.

Point #2.... What grade is he in? I was really impressed with his size and coverage ability.