Trump has Corona

PhatMack19

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

Yeah. That’s the main reason we’re supposed to wear masks.

You’re right-we should be forced to wear masks and lockdown our economy to prevent the spread of a vicious disease that has no symptoms for most that contract it. 

9 members of the Titans came down with it. None had symptoms. Testing yields more positive test results when you test people who aren’t having symptoms. The whole thing is a bad joke, unless your one of the few healthy people who actually do exhibit symptoms. 

27 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

You’re right-we should be forced to wear masks and lockdown our economy to prevent the spread of a vicious disease that has no symptoms for most that contract it. 

9 members of the Titans came down with it. None had symptoms. Testing yields more positive test results when you test people who aren’t having symptoms. The whole thing is a bad joke, unless your one of the few healthy people who actually do exhibit symptoms. 

No, we shouldn’t have to be forced. We should all want to as a patriotic duty to protect ourselves, our fellow citizens, and the Republic. You know, like it says in the pledge, “indivisible”. We should want to work as one in crisis. When the leader is totally divisive, this s***storm is what we get.

32 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

It kills over 2% of the people who contract it. Closer to 3%. Keep your propaganda to yourself.

50 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I have 8 family members that contracted the virus, because they decided to have a block party. They all exhibited symptoms. One of my cousins was so sick that he wished he would die, so that he could be taken out of his misery. Thank God that they all recovered, but they all were very ill. 

39 minutes ago, Big girl said:

I have 8 family members that contracted the virus, because they decided to have a block party. They all exhibited symptoms. One of my cousins was so sick that he wished he would die, so that he could be taken out of his misery. Thank God that they all recovered, but they all were very ill. 

That sounds awful!!!  What were the symptoms?  What part of the symptoms were that bad?

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

It kills over 2% of the people who contract it. Closer to 3%. Keep your propaganda to yourself.

You are completely wrong.
How do you know those percentages? In other words, unless the entire population gets tested daily, we don’t know the percentages. If everyone was tested, we would find that a lot more have had it, thus bringing down the % of deaths for those who have contracted it. 
So...keep your propaganda to yourself. 

58 minutes ago, UT alum said:

That's untrue. 

For starters no one has a clue how many people have been asymptomatic and never tested, so nobody has any idea how many people have actually contracted it, so there's not even a defined denominator for the equation that yields the statistic you're spewing around.  

The ironic fact is that we're on pace to have fewer total deaths in the United States in 2020 than in 2018 or 2019.... what does that tell you about this awful disease that's destroying our population, in your estimation?

49 minutes ago, Big girl said:

I felt like that with a toothache one time.... I wish we could have shut the country down then, too. 

8 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

How do you know those percentages? In other words, unless the entire population gets tested daily, we don’t know the percentages. If everyone was tested, we would find that a lot more have had it, thus bringing down the % of deaths for those who have contracted it. 

If you take the CDC figures of 7.31 million confirmed cases and 208k deaths, (7.31m/208k) you end up with 0.0284.  That's 2.84%.  And I'm assuming that he's using US cases only, because that's all that really matters to me.  

The problem is that I know multiple people who have tested positive for the antibodies, but never tested positive for the actual virus.  It's obvious that they've contracted the illness with no symptoms and also never appeared as active cases... Not in the 7.31 million.  I also know a handful of people who had the thing in all probability (sick family member tested positive, then they exhibited the same symptoms after exposure but weren't ever tested.  Those people aren't included in the 7.31 million confirmed cases, either. 

All I can do is estimate, based purely on wild speculation that the total number of people who have been infected in the US is at least 3-4 times higher than the number of confirmed cases.  That would push the mortality rate down to negligible levels.  

21 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Been saying this since it began.

Just now, CardinalBacker said:

All I can do is estimate, based purely on wild speculation that the total number of people who have been infected in the US is at least 3-4 times higher than the number of confirmed cases.  That would push the mortality rate down to negligible levels.  

I completely agree. You expounded on my previous post to give a better explanation. My main point is to be careful when throwing around contrived unsupported “statistics” and portraying them as facts. 

1 minute ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Bad decisions.

The virus is definitely real.  My thoughts are that if you subtract out the unfortunate cases where the patient had severe underlying conditions AND the numbskulls that won't even try to alter their habits (social distancing, voluntarily wearing a mask, etc....), the thing really isn't the Bubonic Plague.  Not even close.  Their ability to treat the thing has gotten much, much better as the thing has progressed.

Most of us know somebody (or at least know of somebody) who has died from the virus.  But we can't count the number of people that we've lost to cancer, heart attacks, car wrecks, old age, etc.... we need to do the best that we can, but keep moving forward.