Trump has Corona

PhatMack19

37 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I had the virus in March and did not know it.  In fact, I was at my doctors office that day and the doc said I had a fever.  Doc listened to heart and lungs and said nothing seemed out of the ordinary.   I asked for a ZPac because it works well for me when I get my twice annually upper respiratory infection.  Got home and had the chills from fever for 48 hours although fever never rose over 101.5.  48 hours later, fever was gone and I resumed my daily workouts that last for an hour.  Loss of taste lasted for a week and cough also remained for a week.  About a month later, I took an antibody test and tested positive.  Knowing that tests can be less than dependable, I went for a second test at a different location and got same result.  I later donated plasma at the blood center.  Have a friend/neighbor a couple of years  younger than me that died from it.  Obviously it impacts different people in different ways.  According to the experts, I was at extraordinary risk in several ways but managed to escape serious harm.   Honestly, it was less harmful to me than the upper respiratory infection that I get a couple times each year. 

Extraordinary risk??  You have to be in the top 1% in fitness for your age group.   Don’t know your other issues but I know you are in good shape and ornery as hell.   That’s half the battle. 

42 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I had the virus in March and did not know it.  In fact, I was at my doctors office that day and the doc said I had a fever.  Doc listened to heart and lungs and said nothing seemed out of the ordinary.   I asked for a ZPac because it works well for me when I get my twice annually upper respiratory infection.  Got home and had the chills from fever for 48 hours although fever never rose over 101.5.  48 hours later, fever was gone and I resumed my daily workouts that last for an hour.  Loss of taste lasted for a week and cough also remained for a week.  About a month later, I took an antibody test and tested positive.  Knowing that tests can be less than dependable, I went for a second test at a different location and got same result.  I later donated plasma at the blood center.  Have a friend/neighbor a couple of years  younger than me that died from it.  Obviously it impacts different people in different ways.  According to the experts, I was at extraordinary risk in several ways but managed to escape serious harm.   Honestly, it was less harmful to me than the upper respiratory infection that I get a couple times each year. 

Even when my throat gets scratchy, I go for the shot blessed by the pope (miracle shot) and a Z-Pack.

I shook hands with this man, who tested positive, on a Friday. We always shake hands. He tested positive on Saturday and I tested negative on Sunday. Go figure.

I am diabetic and have high blood pressure. Perfect scenario to be a death victim of this virus.

On 10/2/2020 at 9:07 AM, SmashMouth said:

You are completely wrong.
How do you know those percentages? In other words, unless the entire population gets tested daily, we don’t know the percentages. If everyone was tested, we would find that a lot more have had it, thus bringing down the % of deaths for those who have contracted it. 
So...keep your propaganda to yourself. 

Existing statistics and math. 7,300,000 reported infections times 3% equals 219,000. Total deaths reported 203,000.  It’s not propaganda. It’s fifth grade math.

On 10/2/2020 at 9:12 AM, CardinalBacker said:

That's untrue. 

For starters no one has a clue how many people have been asymptomatic and never tested, so nobody has any idea how many people have actually contracted it, so there's not even a defined denominator for the equation that yields the statistic you're spewing around.  

The ironic fact is that we're on pace to have fewer total deaths in the United States in 2020 than in 2018 or 2019.... what does that tell you about this awful disease that's destroying our population, in your estimation?

I’m using numbers reported by the CDC. You can’t quantify what you don’t know. Please cite the data supporting fewer deaths in 2020.  CDC report indicates expected deaths in 2020 are running 10% or so behind 2919. That would indicate excess mortality of 200,000 or so - wait! That’s about how many Covid deaths reported.

23 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I completely agree. You expounded on my previous post to give a better explanation. My main point is to be careful when throwing around contrived unsupported “statistics” and portraying them as facts. 

You want to play that game? How many deaths have been reported as pneumonia, heart disease, or other causes where Covid was actually the proximate cause?  CDC is not providing “contrived unsupported statistics”.  Imagining how many might have it who haven’t been tested is the kind of thinking that’s got us in this mess.

39 minutes ago, UT alum said:

I’m using numbers reported by the CDC. You can’t quantify what you don’t know. Please cite the data supporting fewer deaths in 2020.  CDC report indicates expected deaths in 2020 are running 10% or so behind 2919. That would indicate excess mortality of 200,000 or so - wait! That’s about how many Covid deaths reported.

On June 25th, the CDC says they suspect that for every Covid case reported, there are actually 10 more. Look it up. Before you start using 5th grade math, you need to get out of the 4th grade. It’s not propaganda. It’s reality. That would put your 3% down to .3%. Now what. 

6 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

On June 25th, the CDC says they suspect that for every Covid case reported, there are actually 10 more. Look it up. Before you start using 5th grade math, you need to get out of the 4th grade. It’s not propaganda. It’s reality. That would put your 3% down to .3%. Now what. 

So, how many deaths have been mis-reported? Can’t have one without the other.

3 minutes ago, UT alum said:

You’re right. The issue of misreporting falls more as incorrectly reporting deaths as China Virus when it actually comes from something else. So I guess the number is less than .3%. Thanks for the clarification. 

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

You’re right. The issue of misreporting falls more as incorrectly reporting deaths as China Virus when it actually comes from something else. So I guess the number is less than .3%. Thanks for the clarification. 

You’re doing nothing more than regurgitating what the FOX talking heads tell you. I’m using CDC data, nothing more.

16 hours ago, stevenash said:

Sounds about right. If I’m not mistaken, your bout with it won’t count as a confirmed case according to guidelines, will it?

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

56 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Sounds to me like you guys both agree the numbers are probably wrong in some way, just disagree on what part are wrong? 

Can we all agree to that? 

3 hours ago, NetCat said:

I don't trust the numbers, not enough people are getting tested for the data to be true and I don't believe COVID was the cause of death for many of cases. Just my opinion. 

That’s the point I’m trying to make to UTI. In which case the %s drop drastically. But it’s not just what I think. The CDC backs me up. AOC backs him up. 

There are reports of false negatives; as well. My youngest son had symptoms, yet his test was negative. He had a sore throat, body aches, a headache, and debilitating fatigue. I took him 3 weeks to recover; even though, he is a college athlete in great physical condition. 11 people on his track team contracted Covid-19. He was tested with 4 guys, he was the only one who had a negative result, his roommate also tested positive.

56 minutes ago, Big girl said:

There are reports of false negatives; as well. My youngest son had symptoms, yet his test was negative. He had a sore throat, body aches, a headache, and debilitating fatigue. I took him 3 weeks to recover; even though, he is a college athlete in great physical condition. 11 people on his track team contracted Covid-19. He was tested with 4 guys, he was the only one who had a negative result, his roommate also tested positive.

Are you saying you think he had Covid? If so, I hope he’s ok. 

6 hours ago, NetCat said:

Sounds to me like you guys both agree the numbers are probably wrong in some way, just disagree on what part are wrong? 

Can we all agree to that? 

The CDC numbers are the official ones upon which the history of this calamity will be based.