West Orange-Stark 49 Geronimo Navarro 7/WO-S advances to AT&T!

WOSgrad

5 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

One more step boys!  We in SETX are all pulling for you!!  (I was at a Christmas Party tonight and we had someone providing regular updates.  You are truly the pride of the OC!)

You right Hoops.  They're the pride of SE Texas.  From Jasper & Newton north, to the gulf south.  From the Sabine to the Trinity, most will be WOS Mustang fans next Friday.  

12 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Anyone predicting a close game with a team that runs the slot T hasn't seen enough of this defense and doesn't know Cornel Thompson!  Not gonna happen. 

Navarro didn't run the Slot-T worth a crud and went to the spread several times. For a bunch of high school kids I believe this would be a little too complicated. When they ran out of the slot and the very few times they cut up the field off tackle (like you're supposed to) they were able to make some yardage. Trying to outrun WOS to the sideline without Ezekial Elliot was just stupid. 10 out of 10 times WOS beats this team...to me they just weren't that good. And, no way I kick, punt or anything else that let's KJ put his hands on the football. Regardless of the team he is the best football player in SE Texas, period.

TxHoops, I don't think it matters what offense you run; you're not gonna beat WOS. To me, your only hope is holding on the football and running the spread insures that they get their hands on the ball once every 2.5 to 3 minutes. Game over.