Bridge City vs WOS

adminbaberuth

37 minutes ago, BlueNation88 said:

I'm the last 24 matchups with these two teams , the Cardnials have only been within a touchdown 3 Times. What makes this team different from teams in the past?

We're due?

Honestly, this is a special BC group.  Nobody cares about the past, but this group of BC kids and the same group of WOS kids have exchanged wins and losses through pee-wee and junior high until the D1 and D2 split put us in separate districts.  The WOS kids continued to develop through junior high and high school.  We really didn't do a whole lot until Coach Dubois took over last year.  I distinctly remember watching the teams warm up before the 7th grade matchup between these two (which we won) and seeing the WOS kids doing back-pedaling drills, blocking drills, etc.... while our kids were doing back-bends and otherwise jacking around in the other end zone.  I experienced actual dread as you could tell that the WOS kids were being coached while ours were just getting bigger. 

On one hand it's been great to watch all of the success that this group of Mustangs have had over the last few years. I don't think WOS has a better second fanbase than BC.  It's also been a total drag to know that we SHOULD be able to compete with them if we'd continued to steadily develop the way that they did.  I guess it's more of a question of whether or not our efforts are too little and too late.  

The difference between this team and past BC teams is that it's a talented bunch.  They've had lots of success before public school coaching, and also since Dubois came back to town.  People can moan and groan about the Slot T, but it suits our personnel, and Dubois's system has proven itself to be effective.... perhaps more effective than a lot of other programs that run the Slot T. Besides that, these BC kids HAVE sent the same WOS kids home crying before.  They're not AT ALL intimidated by the Stangs, ala LCM.  No offense to Chris17 (the only LCM poster here).  

If the stangs go up 21-0, it's over.  Duh.  But if we draw first blood and Stangs realize that they WON'T be pulling the starters at any point, or even find themselves trailing.... BC will not let them up.  

How many times will the #1 ranked, defending state champs (after 2 SC appearances), who you've beaten before, show up in your house and give you the opportunity to make your name?  The Cards have nothing to lose and everything to gain. And they're hungry.

C'mon, Friday.  

9 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

We're due?

Honestly, this is a special BC group.  Nobody cares about the past, but this group of BC kids and the same group of WOS kids have exchanged wins and losses through pee-wee and junior high until the D1 and D2 split put us in separate districts.  The WOS kids continued to develop through junior high and high school.  We really didn't do a whole lot until Coach Dubois took over last year.  I distinctly remember watching the teams warm up before the 7th grade matchup between these two (which we won) and seeing the WOS kids doing back-pedaling drills, blocking drills, etc.... while our kids were doing back-bends and otherwise jacking around in the other end zone.  I experienced actual dread as you could tell that the WOS kids were being coached while ours were just getting bigger. 

On one hand it's been great to watch all of the success that this group of Mustangs have had over the last few years. I don't think WOS has a better second fanbase than BC.  It's also been a total drag to know that we SHOULD be able to compete with them if we'd continued to steadily develop the way that they did.  I guess it's more of a question of whether or not our efforts are too little and too late.  

The difference between this team and past BC teams is that it's a talented bunch.  They've had lots of success before public school coaching, and also since Dubois came back to town.  People can moan and groan about the Slot T, but it suits our personnel, and Dubois's system has proven itself to be effective.... perhaps more effective than a lot of other programs that run the Slot T. Besides that, these BC kids HAVE sent the same WOS kids home crying before.  They're not AT ALL intimidated by the Stangs, ala LCM.  No offense to Chris17 (the only LCM poster here).  

If the stangs go up 21-0, it's over.  Duh.  But if we draw first blood and Stangs realize that they WON'T be pulling the starters at any point, or even find themselves trailing.... BC will not let them up.  

How many times will the #1 ranked, defending state champs (after 2 SC appearances), who you've beaten before, show up in your house and give you the opportunity to make your name?  The Cards have nothing to lose and everything to gain. And they're hungry.

C'mon, Friday.  

They've beaten us before?????? One minute you don't want to talk about the past. But that's when you've lost 24 in a row. You're due? Well hell yes you're due. You've been due for 20 years! The next minute you want to talk about sending us home crying (LOL) and you've beaten us before. You can't have it both ways and only talk about the past when it's in your favor. I did find your post to be entertaining. thanks!

3 minutes ago, td said:

They've beaten us before?????? One minute you don't want to talk about the past. But that's when you've lost 24 in a row. You're due? Well hell yes you're due. You've been due for 20 years! The next minute you want to talk about sending us home crying (LOL) and you've beaten us before. You can't have it both ways and only talk about the past when it's in your favor. I did find your post to be entertaining. thanks!

What does this class of seniors have to do with any loss given to BC by WOS on a varsity level? The only past that matters is the past between these 2 classes which goes back a while. We get it you've beaten us 24 times but none of that will matter come Friday night

1 minute ago, BC is back said:

What does this class of seniors have to do with any loss given to BC by WOS on a varsity level? The only past that matters is the past between these 2 classes which goes back a while. We get it you've beaten us 24 times but none of that will matter come Friday night

What does 7th grade have to do with any of these kids???? Do you think any of them are the same players they were back then? The one thing that has changed is no Kane Booth!!! LOL

4 minutes ago, td said:

Thats y I hate this division 1 and 2 stuff  but I know it's 3,709 high schools in Texas so room had to be made but like said earlier jasper beat west orange in West orange then weeks later wos beat jasper in the playoffs the same two teams and personal just because you beat the team with the same players once  doesn't mean ur going to win again especially 4 or 5 years later so I hope bc is not hanging their hat on that, and somehow some way we need to go back too one true champion 

50 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

We're due?

C'mon, Friday.  

CB. I disagree with you that LCM was intimidated by WOS. We have beat them twice which BC has never beat them.  Vidor is the only school to beat WOS more times than us in Orange County. I know your excited about the game. The difference in my opinion and you will see this Friday night that WOS has play makers all over the field. It will be tough for BC to cover all those guys. I do believe BC runs the slot t the best but just like I said earlier when y'all played Carthage last year what happened? Carthage defense is not near has good as WOS. I think this will be a good game for BC where the coaches can see where they can make adjustments for the playoffs against those east Texas teams. I've been thinking about going to this game CB you going to let me sit with you? Lol

13 minutes ago, LCM17 said:

CB. I disagree with you that LCM was intimidated by WOS. We have beat them twice which BC has never beat them.  Vidor is the only school to beat WOS more times than us in Orange County. I know your excited about the game. The difference in my opinion and you will see this Friday night that WOS has play makers all over the field. It will be tough for BC to cover all those guys. I do believe BC runs the slot t the best but just like I said earlier when y'all played Carthage last year what happened? Carthage defense is not near has good as WOS. I think this will be a good game for BC where the coaches can see where they can make adjustments when BC gets into the playoffs against those east Texas teams. I've been thinking about going to this game CB you going to let me sit with you? Lol

C'mon over.... There's usually not a lot of room around me but we'll squeeze you in.