Silsbees mackey to Evadale??

aTmfan06

We have kids that are big and fast not your typical 2A athletes,  my son being one of them! And I knew as soon as I heard that Mackey was coming to Evadale,  the jokes about playing at 2A were gonna come pouring in on this website, because it's all about 4A & 5A on here. But whatever like I said if you big school people have a off week come watch us you might be surprised! I just think it's rude to down a bunch of kids you know nothing about! 

7 minutes ago, acm126 said:

We have kids that are big and fast not your typical 2A athletes,  my son being one of them! And I knew as soon as I heard that Mackey was coming to Evadale,  the jokes about playing at 2A were gonna come pouring in on this website, because it's all about 4A & 5A on here. But whatever like I said if you big school people have a off week come watch us you might be surprised! I just think it's rude to down a bunch of kids you know nothing about! 

does evadable play 6 man football?

You have to remember that Dontre Thomas was a very good QB last year as well. Barnes caught close to 1000 yards for Silsbee and Tre Lowe is solid as well. I hate to see the Mackey kid leave and if it's his dad trying to get back at Silsbee because he didn't get the job, that sucks. I don't think going to a 2A school will do much for scholarship offers. He was also a good help on the basketball court. I guess someone will née to step up there too. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Lmao!!!  Catching 12-15 passes for over 150-200 yards versus SP in one half of action probably wont have him feeling any kind of sting. You know what would be hilarious here with this situation: Evadale having a longer playoff run than Silsbee due to Mackey. 

If he is a competitor, he should want to compete against the best. Running past 2A cornerbacks will get old quickly.

47 minutes ago, acm126 said:

uh oh....

He used the "R" word. 

Here they come for sure now. (Dinner Bell Ringing)

28 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

You have to remember that Dontre Thomas was a very good QB last year as well. Barnes caught close to 1000 yards for Silsbee and Tre Lowe is solid as well. I hate to see the Mackey kid leave and if it's his dad trying to get back at Silsbee because he didn't get the job, that sucks. I don't think going to a 2A school will do much for scholarship offers. He was also a good help on the basketball court. I guess someone will née to step up there too. 

Lmao!!!!!  That's funny.

Small school players get found by D1 & D2 schools all the time, some dont make it to the school cause of grades and have to go JUCO. With Mackey doing what he did on the field last yr he's probably on a few schools' radar. All he has to do is keep his grades up, stay healthy and ball out, everything else will fall into place for him as far as scholarships for football if in fact that's the sport he wants to excel at on the next level. 

48 minutes ago, acm126 said:

No one was putting them down. It's just facts he won't face near the same level of competition. That's just how it is. No one is being rude.

8 minutes ago, Scatright said:

If he is a competitor, he should want to compete against the best. Running past 2A cornerbacks will get old quickly.

Who's saying he's not a competitor? So athletes that play on a small school level not competitors? Tell that to the Canadian HC, Bremond HC, Newton HC, Waskom HC. I guess those players should transfer to a 4A or higher level to be a competitor. 

57 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Evadale usually does have decent seasons until the first round of playoffs or second after a bye. With Mackey they possibly get over that hump of one and done. 

Mackey or not, with 17 returning starters, I think Evadale will get over the hump this year anyway.   And even though most of you may think it's a bad decision, it's his to make.  And you've got to know he has, to him, a very good reason for such a big decision.  I doubt he did it on a whim.  

It is a bit ironic is that the same folks that claim that Mackey's scholarship chances are hurt by transferring to a lower classification are the same ones this spring that vehemently dismissed (and rightly so) the notion that Calvin Tyler, Jr. would hurt his chances by doing the same.  In this age of social media, if a kid has talent, it will be recognized and Kolten already has enough on his resume to have been recognized

9 minutes ago, HOTROD309 said:

I'm hearing rumors that possibly was a position change and taking the ball out of his hands ... 

Just rumors so don't quote me on that !!

I think the latter part is probably true and I was wondering about that first part, he does fit the size part of a tight end.

2 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

It is a bit ironic is that the same folks that claim that Mackey's scholarship chances are hurt by transferring to a lower classification are the same ones this spring that vehemently dismissed (and rightly so) the notion that Calvin Tyler, Jr. would hurt his chances by doing the same.  In this age of social media, if a kid has talent, it will be recognized and Kolten already has enough on his resume to have been recognized

Going from 5A to 4A is a little different than 4A to 2A.. And I don't think it will hurt him but I just think he will regret being apart of what Silsbee has this year, but apparently Evadale will be good to so either way I wish him the best.

5 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Going from 5A to 4A is a little different than 4A to 2A.. And I don't think it will hurt him but I just think he will regret being apart of what Silsbee has this year, but apparently Evadale will be good to so either way I wish him the best.

That statement really depends on how Silsbee does. He might enjoy himself having a run at a State title with Evadale......who knows? 

My Son sure enjoys it.

29 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

This. 

Doesn't put his business on social media very often, if at all.  Some could and should follow his lead.

Seems like a big move when your already into a week of practice. 4A to 2A is a big jump. Playing WOS and Jasper to playing Sabine Pass and West Hardin??? 3500 people in the stands to 200? Knowing everyone in your class to being the new kid your senior year? 2A unranked basketball from 4A top 2? Aggie I'm sure is close to the situation and will enlighten us. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Who's saying he's not a competitor? So athletes that play on a small school level not competitors? Tell that to the Canadian HC, Bremond HC, Newton HC, Waskom HC. I guess those players should transfer to a 4A or higher level to be a competitor. 

We're saying the same things. I'm saying he IS a competitor, which is why he won't get the same satisfaction competing against Sabine Pass rather than WOS. He's going to have to play a lot of games before he gets a taste of anything nearly like Canadian.

47 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Seems like a big move when your already into a week of practice. 4A to 2A is a big jump. Playing WOS and Jasper to playing Sabine Pass and West Hardin??? 3500 people in the stands to 200? Knowing everyone in your class to being the new kid your senior year? 2A unranked basketball from 4A top 2? Aggie I'm sure is close to the situation and will enlighten us. 

No I won't. Staying out of this.