Silsbees mackey to Evadale??

aTmfan06

57 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

It is a bit ironic is that the same folks that claim that Mackey's scholarship chances are hurt by transferring to a lower classification are the same ones this spring that vehemently dismissed (and rightly so) the notion that Calvin Tyler, Jr. would hurt his chances by doing the same.  In this age of social media, if a kid has talent, it will be recognized and Kolten already has enough on his resume to have been recognized

Comparing Mackey's move to Evadale to Tyler's move to Silsbee is a big reach. The step down in competition and exposure for Mackey is much greater than the one Tyler took.

28 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

This. 

Doesn't put his business on social media very often, if at all.  Some could and should follow his lead.

You're 100% right on the social media.  It's hard to fathom that stuff you put out there at 16, 17, or 18, could come back to haunt you.  Forever.

22 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Seems like a big move when your already into a week of practice. 4A to 2A is a big jump. Playing WOS and Jasper to playing Sabine Pass and West Hardin??? 3500 people in the stands to 200? Knowing everyone in your class to being the new kid your senior year? 2A unranked basketball from 4A top 2? Aggie I'm sure is close to the situation and will enlighten us. 

Every single bit of this.

Somebody needs to go find that post so we can see which Silsbee Honk it was that claimed Mackey was the best WR in SETX and possibly the best WR from our area ever.... I'd like to hear his opinion on the Mackey transfer.

I'd also like to mention that I correctly predicted this move way back in the Spring. 

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Somebody needs to go find that post so we can see which Silsbee Honk it was that claimed Mackey was the best WR in SETX and possibly the best WR from our area ever.... I'd like to hear his opinion on the Mackey transfer.

I'd also like to mention that I correctly predicted this move way back in the Spring. 

Finally I know who said it. I was telling another Tiger fan about this the other day but couldn't figure out who said it. 

+1

12 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

That would be STiger85 who said that! Lol

17 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I guess one correct prediction will change my whole outlook on your posts. 

Life Altering moment here...

3 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

Just cracked me up......First time he has ever been concerned about this site.

Anyone who knows Mackey, knows that he has a way of being larger than life.

"The Hair Dude" will fit in immediately, for obvious reasons.

Though I did hear going to Evadale is coming at a price.....

I don't think Silsbee misses much of beat with him leaving. He was a great go to WR. If they are more focused on running the ball, his production would have dropped. Maybe Barnes MA dither will step up. I hope Mackey catches for 2000 yards in Evadale and he has a great senior season.  Meanwhile Silsbee will still smash Bridge City!!! 

18 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Anyone who knows Mackey, knows that he has a way of being larger than life.

"The Hair Dude" will fit in immediately, for obvious reasons.

Though I did hear going to Evadale is coming at a price.....

Yea poor kid everyone has a OPINION and I'm sure him and his dad could careless what all these people think! And then the Evadale football players are caught in the middle and getting put down because they are 2A,  oh well Karma is a you know what Big Schools! By the way there was a college out today watching Mackey so being at Evadale want hinder him! And for the record I'm from Evadale and I have kid that is a heck of defensive player, so yes I'm naturally gonna take offense of all that is being said!!! 

4 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

May have been a better fit than evadale, but we are run first as well. And he probably chose them knowing he can dominate in small school, he isn't gonna dominate in 5A like he would in 2A.

Little ol' Connor Perkins from Ned doesn't have trouble torching defenses in 22-5A. 

6 minutes ago, acm126 said:

Yea poor kid everyone has a OPINION and I'm sure him and his dad could careless what all these people think! And then the Evadale football players are caught in the middle and getting put down because they are 2A,  oh well Karma is a you know what Big Schools! By the way there was a college out today watching Mackey so being at Evadale want hinder him! And for the record I'm from Evadale and I have kid that is a heck of defensive player, so yes I'm naturally gonna take offense of all that is being said!!! 

My son goes to Evadale.....not really offended by the comments, we are a smaller school, and I think that is all most are saying.

6 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

May have been a better fit than evadale, but we are run first as well. And he probably chose them knowing he can dominate in small school, he isn't gonna dominate in 5A like he would in 2A.

Id put money down that if he is on the grass and the ball is close, its caught.

You have to cover him, period.  If you don't he catches everything without even trying.

He can produce at any high school level.   jmo