Silsbees mackey to Evadale??

aTmfan06

5 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

I agree, let me clarify what I was meaning (rereading it my wording was kinda confusing), what was originally asked was would Lumberton be a better fit.

And imo, no it's not. Not with our offense. No receiver in Lumberton will dominate until we decide to actually pass the ball more often. That's not our game.

now, you put him anywhere else in 22-5A with a good qb, then yes he would be a serious threat. I just think that if he would have come to Lumberton he would be doing the same thing he was supposedly gonna be doing in Silbsee: blocking.

Lol, L-Train, anyplace else?   If he went to Vidor at WR, he'd forget what a football look like :) 

7 hours ago, Scatright said:

We're saying the same things. I'm saying he IS a competitor, which is why he won't get the same satisfaction competing against Sabine Pass rather than WOS. He's going to have to play a lot of games before he gets a taste of anything nearly like Canadian.

Our District does include Iola, who is consistently in the top ten of 2-A DII.  So he'll see at least one really good team during District.  Also might mention that our Jr QB, Torres, can throw the ball probably further than most 22-5A QB's.  If he and Mackey get their timing down, it'll be a banner year for Evadale and Mackey.

So like acm126 said, if you have an off night, come out and watch these kids play.  Think you'll be pleasantly surprised.  

2 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I thought about making this comment, but I held back.  I made almost the exact same comment a few years ago, and I ended up in a heated discussion with some of the good folks in Evadale.

Been here about 5 years, but on the Southside, so only smell the mill when the north wind blows (not often - PTL), but I lived in Vidor my first 65 years, and could smell it there when the north wind blew also.  I'll be honest, it doesn't smell like sautéed onions on a flat grill at the fair.

It's not so much about Mackey transferring, as much as a giant LOL at Silsbee fan. First off, how many people have gotten tired of hearing about the "best receiving corp in Southeast Texas?" I been saying since Coach Smith was hired that their receivers had better start practicing their backpedals for a switch to playing secondary. 

More importantly, this indicates that all of the "our kids LOVE the new coaches and are buying into the new system" posts are exaggerated. Things aren't all sunshine and up-downs in Tigre-land. Any time you have a leader like Mackey bolt, you can be sure that others are wishing they could do the same. 

Lastly, for my friend Silsbee92.... Smash BC? You guys abandoned your offensive style and hired a coach that will hopefully teach y'all our running styles attack. I'll take that as a compliment. 

From a neutral stand point as far a Mackey is concerned......my kid did the same thing for much different reasons....for those reasons...it was a good move .......otherwise a big mistake. I know I'll get bashed for this but facts are facts.......academics are lacking and the competition just isn't there. Ultimately moved back to Silsbee her senior year. (and before any other dumb comments are made defending Evadale) 1) My kid is a DI honor student athlete (3 times state...two at Evadale one at Silsbee) 2) There are great people in Evadale, wouldn't change those friendships for anything. 3) Evadale (the district/the 2A class) has some athletes as good as anywhere in the state...just not near as many....as a competitor the better kids just aren't challenged every single play, every single week.

We did the whole get in the community thing...went to football games...blah blah blah....it just ain't the same...quite boring actually!

My Mackey opinion - He will be just fine, he will certainly enjoy being a HUGE fish in a TINY pond...He (and his parents) have their reasons and that's good enough. Wish him the best!

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

It's not so much about Mackey transferring, as much as a giant LOL at Silsbee fan. First off, how many people have gotten tired of hearing about the "best receiving corp in Southeast Texas?" I been saying since Coach Smith was hired that their receivers had better start practicing their backpedals for a switch to playing secondary. 

More importantly, this indicates that all of the "our kids LOVE the new coaches and are buying into the new system" posts are exaggerated. Things aren't all sunshine and up-downs in Tigre-land. Any time you have a leader like Mackey bolt, you can be sure that others are wishing they could do the same. 

Lastly, for my friend Silsbee92.... Smash BC? You guys abandoned your offensive style and hired a coach that will hopefully teach y'all our running styles attack. I'll take that as a compliment. 

No idea what you are referring to...? 

Might be a reply on another topic or forum but definitely wasn't mentioned here by me.

As far as criticizing your running attack? Don't think I have, could be wrong. 

But to be plain about one thing... Silsbee still runs the spread. 

Haven't abandoned anything from what I've witnessed, just added two back sets due to coaching style.

Also....pretty confident that our poor defense (play & penalties) aided dramatically in most teams success against us.  Hopefully, and I do say hopefully, the defense improves even a marginal amount.

51 minutes ago, CraigS said:

From a neutral stand point as far a Mackey is concerned......my kid did the same thing for much different reasons....for those reasons...it was a good move .......otherwise a big mistake. I know I'll get bashed for this but facts are facts.......academics are lacking and the competition just isn't there. Ultimately moved back to Silsbee her senior year. (and before any other dumb comments are made defending Evadale) 1) My kid is a DI honor student athlete (3 times state...two at Evadale one at Silsbee) 2) There are great people in Evadale, wouldn't change those friendships for anything. 3) Evadale (the district/the 2A class) has some athletes as good as anywhere in the state...just not near as many....as a competitor the better kids just aren't challenged every single play, every single week.

We did the whole get in the community thing...went to football games...blah blah blah....it just ain't the same...quite boring actually!

My Mackey opinion - He will be just fine, he will certainly enjoy being a HUGE fish in a TINY pond...He (and his parents) have their reasons and that's good enough. Wish him the best!

This post sums up exactly how I see it. I grew up in Evadale and went to school there, so no reason or me to bash it. The competition for the majority of the season just isn't the same as a bigger school. Basketball is a little different to a certain extent because you don't need as many kids to be at that level. However I don't believe you would ever see a 2A school amass talent like Silsbee currently has. With baseball, a small school can beat a big school on any given night with a pitcher that dominates. However, you will not see the pitching night in and night out that a district such as the Silsbee, WOS, BC district. Then Football is even harder because of the amount of kids required to play. First off most small school kids have to play both ways. That by itself is a huge hit to the level of play. Then as Craig said, there just aren't as many kids that play on a high level like bigger schools. With all that said, I believe he will be fine. He has already exposed himself to that level of competition in 4A and this will just be 1 year. I do not believe he will get better during games this year though. I do hope he pushes them over the top though. I have no idea how good they are as I do not follow them anymore. But adding a football state championship to go along with the basketball and baseball would be pretty cool.

9 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee will still throw the ball. They have a D1 QB who is very actuate and he still has a D1 WR 6'2 Barnes and another strong one in 5'9 Tre Lowe. We hate that Mackey left but the show will still go on. 

The outside receivers are great targets with hands and speed. They will have their big plays, no doubt.

But the damage will be done out of the backfield.  Two highly capable backs with hands and speed to burn is where the true danger lies.  Only the best defenses can cover two backs, two receivers AND....

Not even going to mention the QB's running capability.

6 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

The outside receivers are great targets with hands and speed. They will have their big plays, no doubt.

But the damage will be done out of the backfield.  Two highly capable backs with hands and speed to burn is where the true danger lies.  Only the best defenses can cover two backs, two receivers AND....

Not even going to mention the QB's running capability.

Big question is can the line block??

thats gonna be yalls weak spot this year imo, I know coach smith has been working daily with the linemen so hopefully he can't get them ready... But from what I've seen, they have been struggling to block the Jv defense, hopefully they step it up a lot. 

But you are right, your offense is a defensive nightmare. Either running back can beat you, qb can throw with plenty of targets and can run.. 

I hear ya... No secret with O-Line depth.  If you watch closely though...

Coach Smith doesn't just have the #1 O-line going.  Mixing up everything experience wise.

Teaching the more experienced lineman how to work with different personnel is what I see.

Rarely do I see the #1 O-Line all together.  More than just spread blocking scheme going on here now.

Of course, as always.  jmo

21 hours ago, acm126 said:

Yea poor kid everyone has a OPINION and I'm sure him and his dad could careless what all these people think! And then the Evadale football players are caught in the middle and getting put down because they are 2A,  oh well Karma is a you know what Big Schools! By the way there was a college out today watching Mackey so being at Evadale want hinder him! And for the record I'm from Evadale and I have kid that is a heck of defensive player, so yes I'm naturally gonna take offense of all that is being said!!! 

D1 QB? That's questionable. I'd like to see him play against real competition before giving him that distinction.

10 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Who cares.  I doubt 1 kid will make that much difference in what Silsbee does this year.  But may make a pretty big difference at Evadale.

Didn't Silsbee's QB graduate last yr?  Takes 2 to complete a pass.

Don't act like these kids bouncing from school to school is a new concept. 

Keep up oldie. Silsbee got a 3 star QB transferred in and a 3 star RB. The RB will make a difference in what Silsbee does this year.