WOS vs Celina State Championship

tennisbc

gotta be a typo, wasn't Jasper the only team ranked in 19-4a to begin the year in 2001?

Yeah it was WOS that was ranked #4 when they played. I edited it.

Don't get me wrong, I support all SE Texas programs and wish the best for all of them but if you're gonna throw jabs at WOS it's infinitely easier to throw jabs right back.

Here's some trivia for you...  then no more hijacking I promise.

How many losing seasons do Ozen and WOS have since Ozen opened in 1998?

OZEN - 9 in 18 years

WOS - 0

How many times have Ozen and WOS lost 1 game or less in a season since Ozen open in 1998? 

OZEN - 0

WOS - 7 in 18 years

How many times have Ozen and WOS won 10 games or more in a season since Ozen opened in 1998?

OZEN - 0

WOS - 11 in 18 years

How many times have Ozen and WOS played a Regional Final/Quarterfinal Playoff game since Ozen opened in 1998?

OZEN - 0

WOS - 7 in 18 years

What was Ozen and WOS' record when they lost their 93rd game all-time and what year was it?

OZEN: 81-93 in 2014

WOS:  Trick question... they haven't yet.  92 losses to date since opening in 1977 

Have a nice week! :)

Yeah it was WOS that was ranked #4 when they played. I edited it.

Don't get me wrong, I support all SE Texas programs and wish the best for all of them but if you're gonna throw jabs at WOS it's infinitely easier to throw jabs right back.

Here's some trivia for you...  then no more hijacking I promise.

How many losing seasons do Ozen and WOS have since Ozen opened in 1998?

OZEN - 9 in 18 years

WOS - 0

How many times have Ozen and WOS lost 1 game or less in a season since Ozen open in 1998? 

OZEN - 0

WOS - 7 in 18 years

How many times have Ozen and WOS won 10 games or more in a season since Ozen opened in 1998?

OZEN - 0

WOS - 11 in 18 years

How many times have Ozen and WOS played a Regional Final/Quarterfinal Playoff game since Ozen opened in 1998?

OZEN - 0

WOS - 7 in 18 years

What was Ozen and WOS' record when they lost their 93rd game all-time and what year was it?

OZEN: 81-93 in 2014

WOS:  Trick question... they haven't yet.  92 losses to date since opening in 1977 

Have a nice week! :)

+1!

Will the games be broadcasted on the radio? I'll be driving to Houston at 4 and would like to listen to it if it is on the radio

You will lose KOGT radio before you get to Bmt. You could listen to the live stream from KOGT.Com on your smartphone , If equipped blue tooth the audio to your vehicles sound system. 

General Info

Game also broadcast live on FoxSports SW. They are doing all of the games from NRG.

Channel 676 on Direct TV , they do a great job  with the exception of last year bring biased toward Gilmer . Hopefully the commentators will not show bias this year. 

Compare yourselves to teams like Celina Gilmer Navasota etc ohhhh wait you can't lol how many state titles WOS got since 77?

WE have as many as Navasota, are one game away from having as many as Gilmer and have more than all 3 combined in the 2nd largest classification in the state (which would be zero for them).  And that was before it got watered down and divided into two divisions each and when only 2 teams total went to the playoffs per district.  ;p  Celina did everything in Class B and 2A except for one title in 3A in '07.  We can compare quite well to all of them.  Again... this isn't an Ozen thread.  Go back to the basketball forum.

Edited by Goblin

I am a Celina fan and have been researching pretty hard about WOS football.  Very impressed and from what I can tell this will be an awesome battle between the two teams.  Both have their strengths and little or no weaknesses.  It will come down to heart and guts and it looks like these two teams share buckets of both.  I have been reading all the post of WOS followers and everything I read about WOS student athletes, parents and supporters and their community are the same feelings and represents what Bobcat football is all about.  I can't wait and hope everyone stays safe and plays to their best ball.  Should be entertaining and one heck of a game.  I say Celina by 1.  Sorry WOS but I gotta go with BIG ORANGE!

WE have as many as Navasota, are one game away from having as many as Gilmer and have more than all 3 combined in the 2nd largest classification in the state (which would be zero for them).  And that was before it got watered down and divided into two divisions each and when only 2 teams total went to the playoffs per district.  ;p  Celina did everything in Class B and 2A except for one title in 3A in '07.  We can compare quite well to all of them.  Again... this isn't an Ozen thread.  Go back to the basketball forum.

I don't have a dog in this fight...but I have to comment to this.  Watered down?  Um..well lets see.

Region 3 4AD2 is the most watered down mess in the history of sports.  The UIL should literally be ashamed of themselves for what they've done here.  19 teams in the region, 16 make playoffs, 3 teams have 1 district win, 1 team has 0 district wins.... And you want to talk about watered down.  Not to mention...UIL removed any team with a legitimate chance to even keep it close from your region.  I know you cant help who you play...but Navasota, Carthage, Silsbee, Jasper, Fairfield, Coldspring, Gilmer, Tatum, just to name a FEW have been removed from your path by UIL.  No matter the reason.  I'm not saying you wouldn't have beaten those teams, but I promise it would've been quite a bit more difficult.  I know your numbers are what they are...but I think it's still terrible.

Of the 16 teams in your bracket...who did you think would get out?  Well duh... UIL literally gifted you guys 2 trips to state.  Watered down...smh

Good luck on an injury free game.

I am a Celina fan and have been researching pretty hard about WOS football.  Very impressed and from what I can tell this will be an awesome battle between the two teams.  Both have their strengths and little or no weaknesses.  It will come down to heart and guts and it looks like these two teams share buckets of both.  I have been reading all the post of WOS followers and everything I read about WOS student athletes, parents and supporters and their community are the same feelings and represents what Bobcat football is all about.  I can't wait and hope everyone stays safe and plays to their best ball.  Should be entertaining and one heck of a game.  I say Celina by 1.  Sorry WOS but I gotta go with BIG ORANGE!

Welcome nice post, and it's ok if you pull for big Orange it's the name of our city.