WOS vs Celina State Championship

tennisbc

After studying film on Celina & WOS this game might be a lot closer than I once thought. WOS got the advantage with the speed #87 going to be a nightmare for Celina secondary. However Celina has got the advantage with the size up front and the RB #5 might be bigger than every player on WOS front 7 with the exception of #9...the biggest advantage I think Celina will have is coaching over the years Coach T havent seemed to be able to make the proper adjustments for example against nevasota he stayed in man coverage the entire game as Navasota continued to terrorize their secondary. Offensively & Defensively WOS gameplan always tends to be to out athlete the other team, however good thing in this game they have the better athletes. So we'll see!

Celina looks big and physical. One thing I saw on the film from the Gilmer game was #5 was running the ball hard against Celinas defense. Not saying we have an oline that can move that dline from Celina but Shaw is a very physical runner, might be something to look for come Friday. With all the talk about WOS speed on the outside, I look for Celina to only put 6 in the box, might come down to how affective the WOS running game is (which struggled against Cuero).

Gilmer outclassed y'all in the second half of the state game last year...if I remember correctly WOS didn't score in the second half...I have no reason to hate WOS my college roommate played QB for WOS but the truth is the truth when WOS plays teams the same caliber as them throughout the years they've ALWAYS came up short and Friday won't be any different. But I digress I'll be back to touch more on this Friday

when was the last time  celina has got this deep in the playoffs---------------would you belive me if I told you that that they have over 30 SR on there team

when was the last time  celina has got this deep in the playoffs---------------would you belive me if I told you that that they have over 30 SR on there team

2008 Skip they lost to Carthage in the state champ games and lost to Gilmer in the State semi finals to Gilmer last year.

Edited by LCM17

My gut tells me WOS won't struggle with Celina offense as much as y'all think. We're capable to hurt you on offense in many ways. So if you don't have a complete secondary you'll be in for a LONG night. Like Coach T said , his WRs are like letting go of a balloon in a phone booth. It'll be an interesting night but I'm sticking with WOS by 14+. 

Celina looks big and physical. One thing I saw on the film from the Gilmer game was #5 was running the ball hard against Celinas defense. Not saying we have an oline that can move that dline from Celina but Shaw is a very physical runner, might be something to look for come Friday. With all the talk about WOS speed on the outside, I look for Celina to only put 6 in the box, might come down to how affective the WOS running game is (which struggled against Cuero).

Exactly what I saw on the film I watched, They will get some rushing yards with that big line. We will have to slow down #5 , he is big and quick.  Qb not near as fast as the kid from Cuero. Their LB's and DB's can't match the speed, we should be able to run wide and throw anywhere.

This is the hidden content, please

You'd think they should be able to get their facts straight.  I'll take a State Championship in 1988 and being picked to win by 2 out of 3 though.

Wow! What a post! Did you read all the things below? This is sure to be a battle, with the deciding factor being turnovers and penalties. WOS needs to quit getting calls on Offensive offsides. Of all the things that can hurt you, this one has absolutely no excuse.

Lol most of the times when y'all lose in the playoffs y'all get embarrassed which means you didn't belong on the field with that. Lets take when you guys played navasota a few years back for example. 4 D-1 players in the secondary, Navasota threw the ball at will on you guys, and lets just be honest about this years state run...you guys haven't played a worthy opponent all season with the exception of Foster and well we know how that turned out. Just calling it how I see it.

Let's see........Ozen........I think I hear jealousy. When was the last time you guys made it into the playoffs, or beat WOS?