WOS vs Celina State Championship

tennisbc

Actually, I have to disagree. Cuero gave us all we wanted and Martinez was a heck of a player, but they got away with more holding than I think I have ever seen in a football game. I am all for letting them play, but this bordered on the absurd. Also, their DBs got away with pushing our receivers to the ground well before the ball got there multiple times. The one time they did call interference was actually close enough to a good play to not call it. Cuero was pretty good and those no calls could have hurt us badly.

Exactly right on the officiating. Not one single holding call on Cuero. Our #9 and #59 were grabbed and yanked all day. 

Actually, I have to disagree. Cuero gave us all we wanted and Martinez was a heck of a player, but they got away with more holding than I think I have ever seen in a football game. I am all for letting them play, but this bordered on the absurd. Also, their DBs got away with pushing our receivers to the ground well before the ball got there multiple times. The one time they did call interference was actually close enough to a good play to not call it. Cuero was pretty good and those no calls could have hurt us badly.

Ok C-

Exactly right on the officiating. Not one single holding call on Cuero. Our #9 and #59 were grabbed and yanked all day. 

That would explain how the kid was able to run and get so many yards and touchdowns. I have said this before that the referees are always talking to the opponents’ coaches for long periods of time during the pre-warm up activities, not much to our coaches and I don’t like that. This happened again on yesterday. I remember one call where one of our players was on a tackle, and the QB from Cuero kept running which took both players out of bounds. The head referee immediately took out his flag to call a hit out of bounds, but luck would have it the two other linemen came in and discussed the play with him and he was over ruled. I guess that was why I was giving them (refs) a pass, but it makes sense because our defense covers their ends very well.

agree 1000%

I guess our coaches will work on defending that play that Cuero had some (suspect) success on, of course it would help tremendously, if the refs would call holding when it is present. I would also expect Celina to TRY and duplicate that same play. I had to look at the map to see where Celina was located, and they are very close to the Oklahoma border. I have been reading some post on another site where the Celina people believe they are going to wear us down with their size, ha ha ha ha ha, keep on thinking that and in the words of the late great Ed Sullivan “It’s going to be a really big show”

Edited by ladybug33

Also the push to get into the end zone at the end of 2nd half was a TD.Guy on the side line said whistle didn't bow until he was in.Momentum never was stoped.

The news guy posted his video on Facebook. Clearly showing a TD. Whistle wasn't blown until he got the ground in the end zone. It has audio too. Terrible! Awesome point of view. He filmed it from the back corner of endzone 10yrds away. Can clearly see it.

Edited by kicker

Great win for the Mustangs, Played a heck of a game, Coach T and staff had them ready to play. Yeah we did get cheated out of a touchdown on the scrum play. If the obvious holding and pass interference calls were made this game would not have been close.  And yes there were some nocalls on us also. All of that said Hats of  to a very good Cuero team,  they came to play.

I think we will match up very well with Celina, they do have some size. But nothing new to us. And as far as wearing us out, I have yet to see a Mustang Team wear out.

This being an SC game, I expect SC caliber ref crew.   

Lets go meet em.

I cannot say much for the Celina/Gilmer game except it seems to be big plays and very little defense. Is WOS one the few teams playing very hard defense these days. More and more teams are going all out for offense and some defense. The new motto is offense, offense, offense and then defense. There are exceptions but more teams load up on the offense side and defense is left to pick up pieces. IMHO We keeps seeing teams state that WOS's defense is the best they have played against. That says much about our program. Go STANGS!!!

Just watched film of the game (Celina/Gilmer). I'm going to say this. Martinez was a very fast athlete which helped him with most of his big plays. SPEED KILLS. We'll match up a lot better against Celina. I promise you won't see Celina run like that on WOS at all but they're a pretty balanced team. Our secondary is something serious also. We dare you to throw at #15 or #7. With that being said , WOS wins by 14+ and brings it back home to SETX