WOS vs Celina State Championship

tennisbc

I believe endurance will pay a huge factor in this game, 280lbs,310lbs,270lbs 260lbs, etc. is a lot of girth to run wide out to the right and then to the left constantly chasing the Mustangs. Something has got to give, especially if the bobcats are playing boys both ways. I say run those big boys. Our bonus (JD3) is a better QB. JMO.

Anything I said on this thread false WOSgrad? I'll wait....

Actually, there was.  What is this about WO-S getting "embarrassed" when they lost these games.  Yeah, they lost to these great teams deep into the playoffs, but aside from two that I can count, Wimberley and Navasota, WO-S has put forth a whale of a game.

And even, if your hate was true, it is still hate and does not change the fact the Soulja owns you.

Actually, there was.  What is this about WO-S getting "embarrassed" when they lost these games.  Yeah, they lost to these great teams deep into the playoffs, but aside from two that I can count, Wimberley and Navasota, WO-S has put forth a whale of a game.

And even, if your hate was true, it is still hate and does not change the fact the Soulja owns you.

WOS has nothing to be embarrassed about.  They've won 61 games in the last 5 seasons (Top 15 in the State out of all classifications), made three Quarterfinal appearances and two State Final appearances in those five years and lost to 3 State Champions and worst case scenario we'll lose to a 4th. No team anywhere closer to us than Katy can tout the same.  Deal with it.

Gilmer outclassed y'all in the second half of the state game last year...if I remember correctly WOS didn't score in the second half...I have no reason to hate WOS my college roommate played QB for WOS but the truth is the truth when WOS plays teams the same caliber as them throughout the years they've ALWAYS came up short and Friday won't be any different. But I digress I'll be back to touch more on this Friday

Gilmer outclassed y'all in the second half of the state game last year...if I remember correctly WOS didn't score in the second half...I have no reason to hate WOS my college roommate played QB for WOS but the truth is the truth when WOS plays teams the same caliber as them throughout the years they've ALWAYS came up short and Friday won't be any different. But I digress I'll be back to touch more on this Friday

You're obviously a youngster or just plain ignorant.  Rockwall, McKinney, Katy Mayde Creek, Kerrville Tivy, New Braunfels, Tomball and Corpus Christi Calallen amongst others would disagree with you as none of them have beaten us all while being highly ranked in very clutch games very late in the playoffs.  Win or lose we've had the honor of playing and quite often beating some of the legendary programs in the state (Gilmer, Ennis, Cuero, Sinton, Navasota, Carthage, La Vega, Giddings, Houston Yates at their peak, La Marque multiple times at their peak, West Brook when they were #1, PNG when they were #1, TJ when they were #1) and Celina coming up!  There's close to 40 State Championships combined amongst that group of schools. At the very least (and I don't think I should even have to qualify this statement) we've advanced far enough year after year to come up against these great teams so making a statement that we ALWAYS come up short is laughable.

Using ALWAYS in your statements is hyperbole and completely false in actuality.

Edited by Goblin

I think ozensfinest is Mightymouth in disguise , such outright jealousy and hate. How bout you cruise on over to the east Texas boards and post the same about Gilmer and Navasota and  Celina  or any other team that has a great history of going deep every year. Guess what they have all lost to better teams. I wish BISD had some schools that could give us a game, keep us from going to Houstom to find teams that can help us get better. And you have to nerve to bring up Foster,  See if you can get any BISD team to schedule them,  

WOS will go to NRG to play in a SC game, win or lose the game - These kids are Winners .

For the record I support Ozen ,but have a different perspective than ozenfinest .WOS in my opinion, should win, based on how they have dominated in the playoffs.They are the only local team remaining, with opportunity to win a state football championship.With that being said. you all have my support, and I will be there to cheer you on as though it was Ozen, in hopes you would do the same for us being a local team with the opportunity to do something only 1 school in each division has a chance to do, WIN THAT STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.In conclusion, don't put all Ozen supporters in one group,and we won't put all WOS supporters in one group, we all have our own opinion, GO WIN STATE WOS.

Edited by rc2182

WOS has the best football program in SETX and to me it's not even close. I think every program around here could learn something from what your school has been able to consistently achieve. Wish WOS the best and hope y'all play a great game Friday and bring home a SC. PS get that kicking game straight this week even though I hope it doesn't come in play.

For the record I support Ozen ,but have a different perspective than ozenfinest .WOS in my opinion, should win, based on how they have dominated in the playoffs.They are the only local team remaining, with opportunity to win a state football championship.With that being said. you all have my support, and I will be there to cheer you on as though it was Ozen, in hopes you would do the same for us being a local team with the opportunity to do something only 1 school in each division has a chance to do, WIN THAT STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.In conclusion, don't put all Ozen supporters in one group,and we won't put all WOS supporters in one group, we all have our own opinion, GO WIN STATE WOS.

When Ozen is ready to do "the darn thing I will support you"

I think ozensfinest is Mightymouth in disguise , such outright jealousy and hate. How bout you cruise on over to the east Texas boards and post the same about Gilmer and Navasota and  Celina  or any other team that has a great history of going deep every year. Guess what they have all lost to better teams. I wish BISD had some schools that could give us a game, keep us from going to Houstom to find teams that can help us get better. And you have to nerve to bring up Foster,  See if you can get any BISD team to schedule them,  

WOS will go to NRG to play in a SC game, win or lose the game - These kids are Winners .

I'll be willing to bet my new bottle of 1800 on it. LOL

This will be a great game. WOS should be proud of all of their accomplishments. They are the Premier football program in SETX and anybody who disagrees with that is not very smart. 

This will be a match up of North Texas size and strength against SETX speed. WOS will have to make big plays and force Celina into some turnovers to pull this one out. But, regardless of the outcome WOS continues to represent SETX well.

It's a cool thing how SETX football fans come together in moments like these. I can remember going to playoff games years ago in the Astrodome (and other stadiums as well) when West Brook, PNG, Nederland, Silsbee, BCP, French, were making deep playoff runs and seeing people from school all over the Golden Triangle. One in particular was seeing people wearing custome made T-shirts saying "PNG supports West Brook" the year the Bruins won state. 

For every non-WO-S fan who will be attending the state championship game, it would be a welcome gesture if you would wear a shirt, jacket, or something that signifies the high school you support. We want to meet some of you and thank you personally for showing up and supporting the Mustangs, So, wear your school names and colors so we can identify you and say thanks.  Go Mustangs!

Pigskin prep's state championship picks - ALL classifications

6A Div. I Bracket

(7) Austin Westlake vs Galena Park North Shore

6A Div. II Bracket

Lake Travis vs Katy (7)

5A Div. I Bracket

(3) Mansfield Lake Ridge vs Richmond George Ranch

5A Div. II Bracket

Frisco Lone Star vs Cedar Park (15)

4A Div. I Bracket

(5) Argyle vs Waco La Vega

4A Div. II Bracket