WOS vs Celina State Championship

tennisbc

I don't have a dog in this fight...but I have to comment to this.  Watered down?  Um..well lets see.

Region 3 4AD2 is the most watered down mess in the history of sports.  The UIL should literally be ashamed of themselves for what they've done here.  19 teams in the region, 16 make playoffs, 3 teams have 1 district win, 1 team has 0 district wins.... And you want to talk about watered down.  Not to mention...UIL removed any team with a legitimate chance to even keep it close from your region.  I know you cant help who you play...but Navasota, Carthage, Silsbee, Jasper, Fairfield, Coldspring, Gilmer, Tatum, just to name a FEW have been removed from your path by UIL.  No matter the reason.  I'm not saying you wouldn't have beaten those teams, but I promise it would've been quite a bit more difficult.  I know your numbers are what they are...but I think it's still terrible.

Of the 16 teams in your bracket...who did you think would get out?  Well duh... UIL literally gifted you guys 2 trips to state.  Watered down...smh

Good luck on an injury free game.

For the love of God man. Can you not stop yourself from hating on the Mustangs????? You have issues. Last year it was"yeah well WOS cant get past the QF" and we did. Now it because the UIL gave it to us?? The teams we beat were very good(Except Scarborough), we just made them look silly because we were even better. And those teams you say were taken away? Ill give you Carthage(even though we would have beat them this year) but do you even follow WOS games or do you just spew hot A** and cabbage out of your mouth? Uh news flash, we beat Silsbee and Jasper this year and last. Fairfield and Coldspring are in our division and werent that good, dont see your point. Gilmer, we would have got them this year.Tatum?? Really?

Hearing WOS is the designated home team. Interesting. 

Yes, UIL sent our school wrong info in the beginning. We found out Yesterday when the UIL noticed their error. That makes better sense. I was scratching my head when they said we were visitors. It has always been Reg1&2 Rep EVEN years Home. Reg 3 &4 Rep ODD years home.

I don't have a dog in this fight...but I have to comment to this.  Watered down?  Um..well lets see.

Region 3 4AD2 is the most watered down mess in the history of sports.  The UIL should literally be ashamed of themselves for what they've done here.  19 teams in the region, 16 make playoffs, 3 teams have 1 district win, 1 team has 0 district wins.... And you want to talk about watered down.  Not to mention...UIL removed any team with a legitimate chance to even keep it close from your region.  I know you cant help who you play...but Navasota, Carthage, Silsbee, Jasper, Fairfield, Coldspring, Gilmer, Tatum, just to name a FEW have been removed from your path by UIL.  No matter the reason.  I'm not saying you wouldn't have beaten those teams, but I promise it would've been quite a bit more difficult.  I know your numbers are what they are...but I think it's still terrible.

Of the 16 teams in your bracket...who did you think would get out?  Well duh... UIL literally gifted you guys 2 trips to state.  Watered down...smh

Lamarque, Giddings, LaGrange (We beat the teams that beat them) Beat Jasper and Silsbee in regular season. Those teams aren't good enough? WOS deserves everything they have gotten, nothing has been "gifted" to them.

For the love of God man. Can you not stop yourself from hating on the Mustangs????? You have issues. Last year it was"yeah well WOS cant get past the QF" and we did. Now it because the UIL gave it to us?? The teams we beat were very good(Except Scarborough), we just made them look silly because we were even better. And those teams you say were taken away? Ill give you Carthage(even though we would have beat them this year) but do you even follow WOS games or do you just spew hot A** and cabbage out of your mouth? Uh news flash, we beat Silsbee and Jasper this year and last. Fairfield and Coldspring are in our division and werent that good, dont see your point. Gilmer, we would have got them this year.Tatum?? Really?

I'm not hating.  Just stating obvious...that the last time WOS was in the region with any and all of those teams they didn't make it out.  And I'm not saying they wouldn't have beaten them this year.  Just that it makes a big difference when you pretty much have a bye the first 3 weeks of playoffs.  You can't tell me it doesn't.  If your starters aren't playing most of the game then it wasn't very good competition.  I don't care what you say.

WOS had a very good showing with Gilmer last year.  Played a lot tougher than I though they would.  I think they were wore down and a little outcoached the 2nd half.  Will it happen again?  Who knows.  But make no mistake...they had a lot smoother road through the playoffs since UIL removed all the speed bumps.  Take that how you want.

Good luck to all involved.

Regardless of how WOS has made it to the SC! They are there, everything else in your post is irrelevant! Why would someone even try to bring trash up like this 3 days before it goes down! Call it HATE or ENVY!!

The person that provoked this reaction brought up WATERED DOWN.. I thought I'd add my own opinion of what I feel to be WATERED DOWN.  I'm guess someone got their feelings hurt.   Shocker.  But it is relevant.  

Again.  Good luck.

The person that provoked this reaction brought up WATERED DOWN.. I thought I'd add my own opinion of what I feel to be WATERED DOWN.  I'm guess someone got their feelings hurt.   Shocker.  But it is relevant.  

Again.  Good luck.

This is quite funny. I was the one who used the term "watered down" and my point in the original post was that WOS won their State Titles both when the playoffs WEREN'T as watered down AND in a larger classification, UNLIKE Gilmer, Navasota and Celina so you are essentially backing up my opinion. Thanks!

Edited by Goblin

I'm not hating.  Just stating obvious...that the last time WOS was in the region with any and all of those teams they didn't make it out.  And I'm not saying they wouldn't have beaten them this year.  Just that it makes a big difference when you pretty much have a bye the first 3 weeks of playoffs.  You can't tell me it doesn't.  If your starters aren't playing most of the game then it wasn't very good competition.  I don't care what you say.

WOS had a very good showing with Gilmer last year.  Played a lot tougher than I though they would.  I think they were wore down and a little outcoached the 2nd half.  Will it happen again?  Who knows.  But make no mistake...they had a lot smoother road through the playoffs since UIL removed all the speed bumps.  Take that how you want.

Good luck to all involved.

You are right, they didn't make it out of the region for two years.  But nobody else in the state beat these two teams either.  You go to region finals and lose to the state champion, that aint too shabby.  You talk like a man with a wooden neck.  The Mustangs play whoever is next, they have no say who it is.  If you make it to THE game it really doesn't matter does it.  Take off the mask, your Argon bottle is getting low.

Ozen and WO-S haven't played in a while, but with the new realignment, they could schedule each other.  Ozen is technically a 4a team, so the numbers are about the same.  That'll be a good predistrict game!

WOS use to beat Ozen's drums, every time they played them, when we were in the same district.

HAHA! This is funny. So, you think the UIL had some sort of master plan to put WOS in the play offs? Seriously? Give me a break. Tell me this when the 4th quarter rolls around in Friday's game.