Gilmer 35 West Orange-Stark 25/Final

WOSgrad

This is a tough loss to take for the stangs. They had a great start to the game, but just couldn't keep it going in the 2nd half, and gilmer really upped their game. But WOS has nothing to be ashamed of! What a fantastic season, and you guys gave gilmer all they could handle and more in what was supposed to be an easy gilmer win.

Bottom line the missed Fg return, really caused us to come out emotionally flat. Debatable on whether it was a good call or not. The fumble recovery for TD was an absolute killer. We just never could get any momentum in the second half and Gilmer is too good for that. Great game, great season. Congrats Gilmer, I love how your team plays the game.

Heartbreaking loss. Two excellent football programs. WOS didnt get the breaks that Gilmer did. Those fumbles by Gilmer just bounced their way. It happens. And the turnover battle often tells the tell when two powerhouses go at it.

Proud of those Stangs. Come on back to SETX and RE-LOAD (except when you play those Purple people early next year ;). )

Well...I predicted a 20 pt win. It was 10.

I will say this...a lot of comments stand out to me thru the course of the game..Sinton is better ball club, wouldn't make it out of WOS district, can anyone in Region 2 score, Gilmer is totally confused...just to name a few.

Great effort WOS. Jumping in them like you did was almost enough. Be glad you did. Could've been bad.

Gilmer is very good, but WO-S definitely hurt themselves. 3 turnovers in the second half. Plus the ref made some questionable calls. First the flag on DT's return and then there was a clear PI, at least defensive holding that the refs missed. But Gilmer has a ton of talent and took advantage of it in the second half.

It was no accident that WO-S played that well in the 1st half, they had the perfect gameplan. But Gilmer made their adjustments too.

Congrats to Gilmer on winning the state title and congrats to WO-S on a great season. You don't get to Jerry's world if you didn't have a good season