*#1 HARDIN-JEFFERSON @ #4 SILSBEE Broadcast*/SILSBEE WINS 59-56!!!!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a shame that a great victory by Silsbee was tainted by the thugs going across the court and taunting the HJ fans.  Worse display of sportsmanship Ive seen in a long time.  Saw one silsbee player take his jersey off and square up to the fans,  He was restrained by a silsbee police officer.

[quote name="football" post="1159766" timestamp="1326519226"]
What a shame that a great victory by Silsbee was tainted by the thugs going across the court and taunting the HJ fans.  Worse display of sportsmanship Ive seen in a long time.  Saw one silsbee player take his jersey off and square up to the fans,  He was restrained by a silsbee police officer.
[/quote]
:o  ::)  :-X  :-X  :-X

Guest tigersvoice
[/quote]
Good grief!!!  You're really stetching to find something, Man.

HJ----------16-11-7-22-----56
SILSBEE----10-12-27-10---59

HJ----10 Man Rotation

Prudhomme  20
Bosha  10
Persohn  10
Johnson  8
Vannoy  3
Carr  2
Stevens  2
Mitchell  1

Free Throws  11-31  35%

Team Fouls 19

SILSBEE---8 Man Rotation

Holmes  14
Gaines  13
Elam  11
Reed  7
Jackson  6
Wilson  6
Dobbins  2

Free Throws  8-16  50%

Team Fouls  23

Unfortunately Tigersvoice there was some of celebration near and directed towards the Hawk fans,  hopefully it was just emotion and nothing worse.  As far as the game,  it doesn't get any better than that.  In the beginning it looked like the Tigers wouldn't have any answers for the Hawks size.  We fell behind by double digits but got the lead back down to 5 by the half.  The third quarter looked like HJ wasn't going to have any answer for the Tigers speed.  It was fun for us Tiger fans to watch.  All out hustle by the little men.  The Tigers stretched it out to as many as 19 but a big shot by Prudhomme cut it to 15 after 3.  Even with that lead you had to know that the game was very far from being over and like good teams do the Hawks showed why they hadn't been beaten making a great run of their own to the delight of their fans.  The Tiger's made some poor choices along with some great play by the Hawks and the lead was gone.  A great shot by one Zayon jackson at the end giving the Tigers the win.  I know he has had to fight with being called DC's little brother but tonight he made a name for himself and one upped his big brother.  The difference in this game came down to missed free throws and a great run by the Tigers in the third period.  I know there was a comment made about the "Hawks won't beat themselves again."  Yes they could have won the game at the freethrow line but no they didn't beat themselves the Tigers did that by doing the things they had to do to win.  A great game by two good teams.  Neither one giving up at all when they were down.  I can't wait til  game 2.

Tough loss for my Hawks.  Now that I have had time to eat, think about the game and cool down from such an exciting game I will give my thoughts.

1.  Both teams came out really tight.
2.  HJ opened it up in the 1st half with hitting the glass hard.
3.  Silsbee stayed in it with a couple of big 3s and defense in the 2nd.
4.  HJ went ICE COLD in the 3rd.
5.  Silsbee showed their quickness in the 3rd and got HOT from outside.
6.  HJ could not buy a FT and had 14 TO in the 3rd.
7.  HUGE 3 for Prudhomme at the end of the 3rd to cut it to 15.
8.  HJ came out hot in the 4th and played great defense.
9.  Silsbee started to fold in the 4th giving up a 15 pt lead.
10.  HJ tied it at the line believe it or not.
11.  HUGE 3 from 35 or so feet to win the game by Silsbee.
12.  BOTTOM LINE is that FT lost this game for the Hawks.  NOTHING ELSE!!!!!

I will argue with anyone that HJ is still the better team, but it was the Tigers night.  It took HJ shooting 35% from the FT line for the Tigers to pull out a miracle 35 footer at the buzzer to win the game.

Great game by both teams.  Congrats to the Tigers on the win.  We will see the Tigers on the 31st in Sour Lake for Round 2!!!!

Keep your heads high HJ, you came from 18 down with 8:30 to go in the game to tie it.  You never gave up!!!!  This game will make you better!!!!

I am speechless!!! (no pun intended) ;) ;D

I will post my thoughts on this game sometime tomorrow. But for now, I will just enjoy the win and be proud of my Tigers.

Also, really enjoyed talking with Coach Sigler, Coach Brooks and Coach Collins after the game back in the dressing room after every person had left. We were the last four left in the place, great soaking up the victory. That was some good talk, appreciate being back there with you guys.

Thanks LAZEEK for broadcasting the game with me and look forward to a couple of weeks when we can do it again.

BTW, I'll post one stat for the night.

Silsbee has now won 8 of the last 10 against HJ head to head, with a current win streak of 4. ;)

Good game, good win Silsbee Tigers.  Anytime you can get a win like this is a good time. 

As for HJ, this is the best time to absorb a loss like this.  It is far better to lose while ranked # 1 in the polls, relatively early in the district games,  than it is to lose in the first round of the playoffs.  HJ has another game against Silsbee at home.  They also have a chance to go to the playoffs, do damage, and possibly show that they really are the # 1 team in conference 3A in the state.

Real talk from a Silsbee fan and native.

[/quote]

Agreed. I was completely disgusted. Those are the people who will never get out of Silsbee.

[quote name="bmrm" post="1159738" timestamp="1326516711"]
[quote author=STiger85 link=topic=94174.msg1159677#msg1159677 date=1326512556]
What an exciting game, but Silsbee is use to winning.
[/quote]

And at 27-0 heading into this game HJ wasn't.
[/quote]

Not against the Silsbee Tigers!!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1159817" timestamp="1326527402"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=94174.msg1159815#msg date=1326527002]
Unbelievable...  Well, it is balievable since i did pick the Tigers to win because they were at home.  By the way, is there a final dunk count for this one?
[/quote]

[/quote]I assume that's the key to slowing down the Haws.. Hold them to 1 dunk.... 

All joking aside, I'm sure the Hawks played an excellent game.  It was just lie what I discussed at the preview show.  When you are riding high like that, you'll encounter one of these games where the other team is not intimidated by you and battle with you.  Silsbee did so and was fortunate enough to hit that buzzer beater.  Fortunate for H-J, they will have a chance to redeim (sp) themselves. Good thing for Silsbee is that knowing they can beat them, it will be another good game looming.

[quote name="yepyep" post="1159764" timestamp="1326518952"]
[quote author=stigers12 link=topic=94174.msg1159737#msg1159737 date=1326516568]
Silsbee had to take it easy with that defense due to foul trouble in the 4th quarter and i think thats what let HJ back in the game. What does that say about the effects of silsbees extremely tough schedule compared to HJ's exceptionally easy one?
[/quote]

Best statement made on this page! They play a weak inflated schedule!

It says that if HJ had played Silsbees schedule, they would have about the same record as Silsbee.
[/quote]

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1159768" timestamp="1326519439"]
[quote author=football link=topic=94174.msg1159766#msg1159766 date=1326519226]

They always do! Why does Silsbee fans have to be thugs? Is that a color issue or a fact? Did they take something from you?

[/quote]
Good grief!!!  You're really stetching to find something, Man.
[/quote]

Silsbee is battle -tested. Been in the trenches in several games this year. They know what it takes to  win and lose in big games this year. Looking at the score, I can only assume this is HJ's first true battle for the year. If I was a HJ fan, I would feel bad about the loss last night but feel better about the future. HJ will be ready for playoffs. As I said before, both teams are making the playoffs and fighting to reach Austin. In the end, we all will be pulling for both teams during their playoff run.

On a lighter side, I think Nash and SANTA should pool their [s]monies[/s]...err resources and rent out Ford Park for the next game, though I think the Montagne would be more intimate for this game. Okay Nash and Santa, work your majic

Guest jettyman
Wow! The TEAM was 11 for 33 sounds a little better.  I assure you none of the HJ kids went into the game with the intentions of missing there freethrows.  It is easy sitting in the stands or at home to cast blame but I assure that not many folks endure in a lifetime the pressure these kids experience during this Rivarly Game. Although we can certainly pin the loss on miss freethrows there just as many crucial turnovers (5 in a row) that swayed the game. I know one young man who participated in the game who was extremely upset with himself and hopes to redeem his efforts.  Life lesson, get knock down get back up, dust yourself off, move forward and learn from your past but dont live in it. Last time I checked none of these kids were getting a paycheck for playing but sometimes including me expect them to be perfect. An encouraging pat on the back goes a lot further than slander. 

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1159844" timestamp="1326551081"]
Silsbee is battle -tested. Been in the trenches in several games this year. They know what it takes to  win and lose in big games this year. Looking at the score, I can only assume this is HJ's first true battle for the year. If I was a HJ fan, I would feel bad about the loss last night but feel better about the future. HJ will be ready for playoffs. As I said before, both teams are making the playoffs and fighting to reach Austin. In the end, we all will be pulling for both teams during their playoff run.

On a lighter side, I think Nash and SANTA should pool their

Only takes 3500 to rent out! Both teams split ticket sales and concessions to Lamar. I'm down.

[s]monies[/s]...err resources and rent out Ford Park for the next game, though I think the Montagne would be more intimate for this game. Okay Nash and Santa, work your majic
[/quote]

Two comments:

1.  Santa will have to rent out Ford Park- The government is taking most everything I earn in order to help those who cant (or more likely, won't) help themselves.

2.  I can certainly understand how "having been in the trenches" and "playing that tougher schedule" is what made that 38 footer fall at the buzzer.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1159850" timestamp="1326552133"]
Two comments:

1.  Santa will have to rent out Ford Park- The government is taking most everything I earn in order to help those who cant (or more likely, won't) help themselves.

2.  I can certainly understand how "having been in the trenches" and "playing that tougher schedule" is what made that 38 footer fall at the buzzer.
[/quote]

The tougher schedule may not have been what made the 38 footer fall, but it did help Silsbee to be in position to win it from 38 feet.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder