*#1 HARDIN-JEFFERSON @ #4 SILSBEE Broadcast*/SILSBEE WINS 59-56!!!!

[quote name="stevenash" post="1159912" timestamp="1326560176"]
Is there any shot that your comment would not apply to?
[/quote]There is always luck involved in a shot like that, but it takes skill to give it the best chance of going in. You said there was no skill involved in that shot. I say there was.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="tokenwb" post="1159914" timestamp="1326560483"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=94174.msg1159912#msg1159912 date=1326560176]
[/quote]There is always luck involved in a shot like that, but it takes skill to give it the best chance of going in. You said there was no skill involved in that shot. I say there was.
[/quote]

Believe what you want.  We both know what the chances were that it would go through.  I wonder if you would want to bet your hard earned money on a chance that one of those attempts would go in?  If the sitution were repeated three times, how many of those would go in ?

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1159903" timestamp="1326559545"]
Sure are a whole lot of coincidental "statistical flukes" coming out of this game.
[/quote]

"Whole lot" of statistical flukes?  I named two.  You infer more.  Can you tell me the others of the "whole lot" that I claimed? You tell me what is the statistical likelihood of a 35-40 foot shot attempted from an unconventional shooting position going through the net.  If a team has a free throw average over 27 games of between 60% and 70%, you tell me why 35% is not abnormal.  If those stats are repeated in the next HJ-Silsbee game, then my theory will be full of holes.  If not, then that honor will fall to you.  Guess we will just have to wait and see.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1159917" timestamp="1326560913"]
[quote author=tokenwb link=topic=94174.msg1159914#msg1159914 date=1326560483]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=94174.msg1159912#msg1159912 date=1326560176]
[/quote]

Believe what you want.  We both know what the chances were that it would go through.  I wonder if you would want to bet your hard earned money on a chance that one of those attempts would go in?  If the sitution were repeated three times, how many of those would go in ?
[/quote]Of course I would not bet money on a shot like that.  But I would bet all day long that a skilled shooter would make more of them than an unskilled shooter.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1159923" timestamp="1326561588"]
I am wondering if "some" are suggesting that Silsbee's win was a "fluke". ;) ::)
[/quote]

Some means me- easier just to say it straight out rather than through veiled inferences.  There is, and never was, any claim by me that the Silsbee victory was anything but legitimate.  My claim is that everybody makes way too much about the "tougher schedule" theory.  Silsbee wins this game regardless of who they played and HJ loses it regardless of who they played.  That is my contention and there is nothing I said that suggests anything else.

Schedule had nothing to do with it.  Had HJ got blown out then you can say something about the schedule.

HJ came from 18 down to tie, that takes heart and guts to come back.  They could not get over the hill, and a great shot from 35 feet sealed the deal.  HJ lost on FT's!!!!!

I can assure you that HJ will never shoot 35% from the FT line again.

The better team beat themselves last night!!!!

The better team lost the game at the line!!!

No other reason!!!

[quote name="stevenash" post="1159927" timestamp="1326561812"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=94174.msg1159923#msg1159923 date=1326561588]
I am wondering if "some" are suggesting that Silsbee's win was a "fluke". ;) ::)
[/quote]

Some means me- easier just to say it straight out rather than through veiled inferences.  There is, and never was, any claim by me that the Silsbee victory was anything but legitimate.  My claim is that everybody makes way too much about the "tougher schedule" theory.  Silsbee wins this game regardless of who they played and HJ loses it regardless of who they played.  That is my contention and there is nothing I said that suggests anything else.
[/quote]

There are other posts on this thread that seem to lean in that direction of "lucky" win. I have seen some comments (not necessarily on this board) that have stated that HJ brought their "D" game while Silsbee played their "A" game and yet Silsbee was "lucky" to win the game.

I disagree with those comments.

I understand Nash what you are saying about the schedules. I believe that Silsbee's schedule helped prepare them for these type games. But I also believe that HJ's schedule was not a detriment to them in regards to this game or any other game they have or will play.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1159931" timestamp="1326562251"]
Schedule had nothing to do with it.  Had HJ got blown out then you can say something about the schedule.

HJ came from 18 down to tie, that takes heart and guts to come back.  They could not get over the hill, and a great shot from 35 feet sealed the deal.  HJ lost on FT's!!!!!

No other reason!!!
[/quote]

Gee, very Cooper-esque of you!  But sorry, the better team did win. You know how I know?  The scoreboard said so.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1159934" timestamp="1326562389"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=94174.msg1159927#msg1159927 date=1326561812]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=94174.msg1159923#msg1159923 date=1326561588]
[/quote]

[/quote]

There are other posts on this thread that seem to lean in that direction of "lucky" win. I have seen some comments (not necessarily on this board) that have stated that HJ brought their "D" game while Silsbee played their "A" game and yet Silsbee was "lucky" to win the game.

I disagree with those comments.

I understand Nash what you are saying about the schedules. I believe that Silsbee's schedule helped prepare them for these type games. But I also believe that HJ's schedule was not a detriment to them in regards to this game or any other game they have or will play.
[/quote]

As previously stated, if the "tougher schedule" theory is valid, Silsbee will win the second game at HJ ( by virture of playing all those tougher games away from their home court) and will go further in the playoffs than HJ does. If your concern about the "A game" comments is on other boards, I figured you would voice your concern to them rather than to me.  If a team fails to play its A game, most of the credit for that goes to the opposition.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1159935" timestamp="1326562410"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=94174.msg1159931#msg1159931 date=1326562251]

No other reason!!!
[/quote]

Gee, very Cooper-esque of you!  But sorry, the better team did win. You know how I know?  The scoreboard said so.
[/quote]

I agree wholeheartedly.  Fortunately for HJ, this game will NOT define the season for either team.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1159935" timestamp="1326562410"]

No other reason!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

That is your opinion, and you are entitled to it.  I have given credit to Silsbee.    And I am far from Cooper!!!

You have never seen either team play, so WTH do you know?

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1159939" timestamp="1326562972"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=94174.msg1159935#msg1159935 date=1326562410]

No other reason!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

That is your opinion, and you are entitled to it.  I have given credit to Silsbee.    And I am far from Cooper!!!

[/quote]

Don't have to know anything, all I have to do is read a scoreboard any talk about "happenings" as your soul mate used to put it, is just that talk.

BTW, don't cuss on the board. You know our board owner doesn't like that.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1159942" timestamp="1326563294"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=94174.msg1159939#msg1159939 date=1326562972]

No other reason!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don't have to know anything, all I have to do is read a scoreboard any talk about "happenings" as your soul mate used to put it, is just that talk.

[/quote]

Who cussed?  You assume you know what WTH means!!! ::) ::)

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1159943" timestamp="1326563402"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=94174.msg1159942#msg1159942 date=1326563294]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=94174.msg1159939#msg1159939 date=1326562972]

No other reason!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who cussed?  You assume you know what WTH means!!! ::) ::)
[/quote]

When then enlighten us all!  What did you mean by it? COO....er, LAZEEK?

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="1159945" timestamp="1326563459"]

[b]The better team beat themselves last night!!!!

No other reason!!![/b][/quote]

Sure they did, Silsbee played great defense and caused a ton of TOs.  Silsbee hit 8 3s, one from 35 feet at the buzzer.  Those caused the Hawks to lose.

So basically Silsbee had nothing to do with H-J losing, correct?

Excuses....
[/quote]

[quote name="stevenash" post="1159927" timestamp="1326561812"]
[/quote]

SteveNash your better than that! Your upset that Silsbee won? HJ is as good as advertised. Silsbee needs to be even more prepared next game.

[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder