*#1 HARDIN-JEFFERSON @ #4 SILSBEE Broadcast*/SILSBEE WINS 59-56!!!!

[quote name="SHSTIGER" post="1159955" timestamp="1326564551"]
All the credit should go to Silsbee's coaching staff. They led a smaller,less athletic, less talented Tiger squad to victory over the greatest Hawk team ever. Err, well at least since '91.
[/quote]

I agree again.  Special kudos to the Silsbee assistant who contested virtually every call against Silsbee in both games. ( and I honestly believe that this HJ team is better than the 91 team)

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1159949" timestamp="1326563653"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=94174.msg1159943#msg1159943 date=1326563402]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=94174.msg1159942#msg1159942 date=1326563294]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=94174.msg1159939#msg1159939 date=1326562972]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=94174.msg1159935#msg1159935 date=1326562410]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=94174.msg1159931#msg1159931 date=1326562251]
Schedule had nothing to do with it.  Had HJ got blown out then you can say something about the schedule.

HJ came from 18 down to tie, that takes heart and guts to come back.  They could not get over the hill, and a great shot from 35 feet sealed the deal.  HJ lost on FT's!!!!!

I can assure you that HJ will never shoot 35% from the FT line again.

The better team beat themselves last night!!!!

The better team lost the game at the line!!!

No other reason!!!
[/quote]

Gee, very Cooper-esque of you!  But sorry, the better team did win. You know how I know?  The scoreboard said so.

[/quote]

That is your opinion, and you are entitled to it.  I have given credit to Silsbee.    And I am far from Cooper!!!

You have never seen either team play, so WTH do you know?
[/quote]

Don't have to know anything, all I have to do is read a scoreboard any talk about "happenings" as your soul mate used to put it, is just that talk.

BTW, don't cuss on the board. You know our board owner doesn't like that.
[/quote]

Who cussed?  You assume you know what WTH means!!! ::) ::)
[/quote]

When then enlighten us all!  What did you mean by it? COO....er, LAZEEK?
[/quote]

Gee, I thought everyone knew that WTH means what the heck.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1159954" timestamp="1326564365"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=94174.msg1159927#msg1159927 date=1326561812]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=94174.msg1159923#msg1159923 date=1326561588]
I am wondering if "some" are suggesting that Silsbee's win was a "fluke". ;) ::)
[/quote]

SteveNash your better than that! Your upset that Silsbee won? HJ is as good as advertised. Silsbee needs to be even more prepared next game.

Some means me- easier just to say it straight out rather than through veiled inferences.  There is, and never was, any claim by me that the Silsbee victory was anything but legitimate.  My claim is that everybody makes way too much about the "tougher schedule" theory.  Silsbee wins this game regardless of who they played and HJ loses it regardless of who they played.  That is my contention and there is nothing I said that suggests anything else.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Your comments didn"t need to be directed at me at all because I agree with what WOS grad said.  THe best team won because the scoreboard said so.  Silsbee won this game just like HJ beat Jacksonville ( in spite of "some" saying that Jacksonville" lost" the game in the first quarter).  Would I have preferred that HJ win last night? Absolutely.  Do I think that the Silsbee victory was because of who they played previously?  No.  Do I think that the Silsbee edge was more related to the game being played at home as compared to who they played in the past?  Yes.  I find nothing out of the ordinary about any of those thoughts and I dont think those comments should ruffle any feathers.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="stevenash" post="1159958" timestamp="1326564847"]
[quote author=SHSTIGER link=topic=94174.msg1159955#msg1159955 date=1326564551]
All the credit should go to Silsbee's coaching staff. They led a smaller,less athletic, less talented Tiger squad to victory over the greatest Hawk team ever. Err, well at least since '91.
[/quote]

I agree again.  Special kudos to the Silsbee assistant who contested virtually every call against Silsbee in both games. ( and I honestly believe that this HJ team is better than the 91 team)
[/quote]
Nash, we both are probably too biased to be objective on this subject.  I believe the assistant coach you are citing is Ira Brooks and he is VERY passionate about Tiger basketball.  But, I find it curious that I observed two of the three game officials talking - during game action - with H-J coaches on the sideline.  Now that's all and good, but when the Ref has his arm around the back of the coach and is whispering in his ear - it just makes me wonder what that conversation is all about.  Happened more than once - let's not go there. ::)

I have no problem going there.  I dont know enough about refereeing to understand what they might say but I am with you- There shouldnt be any whispering.  On the other hand, if that ref was quietly telling the coach to calm down or he might get a technical, maybe that is not that big of a deal.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1159931" timestamp="1326562251"]
Schedule had nothing to do with it.  Had HJ got blown out then you can say something about the schedule.

HJ came from 18 down to tie, that takes heart and guts to come back.  They could not get over the hill, and a great shot from 35 feet sealed the deal.  HJ lost on FT's!!!!!

No other reason!!!
[/quote]
A mind is a terrible thing to lose.  You can't argue with a closed mind.

Games are played one at a time.  The score is kept for each game.  It is not an aggregate score that builds up over the season and at the end the most points win.  It is, I repeat, a game at a time.  Silsbee's win was a MIRACLE!  There, I've said it and I'm glad!  But no matter how you paint the picture - whether you choose to paint H-J being so inept at the free throw line - or whether you paint Jackson with an angel on his shoulder with that last shot, SILSBEE WON.  It's one game.  Nothing says that the round two game will be the same or anything similar to this game.  We - both sides - need to quit beating it to death.

I disagree.  The win was not miraculous.  Silsbee earned their victory and deserved it.  Even if that last shot had not fallen, it simply would have sent the game into overtime and no one can make the assumption that the overtime would not have produced results similar to the first 32 minutes.  You probably wont be able to stop this subject from being beaten to death for a couple of reasons.  1.  There is so much interest in this game, it generates a lot of comments for several days before and several days after.  2.  I am not going to let BadSanta have the last word  ;D

[quote name="stevenash" post="1159979" timestamp="1326566923"]
I disagree.  The win was not miraculous.  Silsbee earned their victory and deserved it.  Even if that last shot had not fallen, it simply would have sent the game into overtime and no one can make the assumption that the overtime would not have produced results similar to the first 32 minutes.  You probably wont be able to stop this subject from being beaten to death for a couple of reasons.  [b]1.  There is so much interest in this game, it generates a lot of comments for several days before and several days after.  2.  I am not going to let BadSanta have the last word [/b] ;D
[/quote]

That sir, we can agree upon. ;) ;D

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1159931" timestamp="1326562251"]

No other reason!!!
[/quote]

So, if the Tigers lose in a similar fashion @ Sour Lake will you chastise the fans for thinking that Silsbee might just possibly be the better team.? If Silsbee wins in a repeat of last night's game, will you admit that Silsbee is the better team, or will you be spouting that HJ is still the better team, all they have to do is hit free throws?

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="stevenash" post="1159979" timestamp="1326566923"]
I disagree.  The win was not miraculous.  Silsbee earned their victory and deserved it.  Even if that last shot had not fallen, it simply would have sent the game into overtime and no one can make the assumption that the overtime would not have produced results similar to the first 32 minutes.  You probably wont be able to stop this subject from being beaten to death for a couple of reasons.  1.  There is so much interest in this game, it generates a lot of comments for several days before and several days after.  2.  I am not going to let BadSanta have the last word  ;D
[/quote]
OK, I'm through with it - unless you or Lazeek really raise my ire.

I was listening last night and Lazeek seemed almost shocked by the lost. Now SteveNash isn't happy. I don't understand. Take your 59-56 lost and live with it. They both play again in a few weeks. Silsbee is the best team HJ has played but HJ isn't the best team Silsbee has played.

Guest basketball25
Rivarly game number 1 vs number 4 in state and people are acting like this is a big time shocker that silsbee won this game!!! I picked Hj but doesn't suprise me one bit that Silsbee Won!!

Was just going through the game broadcast from last night. At the 3:51 mark of the 2nd quarter, HJ's Shawn Prudhomme got a break away 2 hand slam(only dunk of the game for either team) to up the Hawks lead to 25-14, largest of the game for HJ. From that point on till 3 seconds left in the 3rd quarter (game time total of 11:48) Silsbee out scored HJ 35-6, to give them their largest lead (and the largest lead for either team) at 49-31.

This 35-6 run is a pretty good reason among others as to why Silsbee won the game. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1160018" timestamp="1326572891"]
Was just going through the game broadcast from last night. At the 3:51 mark of the 2nd quarter, HJ's Shawn Prudhomme got a break away 2 hand slam(only dunk of the game for either team) to up the Hawks lead to 25-14, largest of the game for HJ. From that point on till 3 seconds left in the 3rd quarter (game time total of 11:48) Silsbee out scored HJ 35-6, to give them their largest lead (and the largest lead for either team) at 49-31.

This 35-6 run is a pretty good reason among others as to why Silsbee won the game. ;)
[/quote]I would also summarize that Silsbee's experience in playing some big games had something to do with the 35-6 run. Their mental game was running on high octane.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1160022" timestamp="1326573178"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=94174.msg1160018#msg1160018 date=1326572891]

[/quote]I would also summarize that Silsbee's experience in playing some big games had something to do with the 35-6 run. Their mental game was running on high octane.
[/quote]

"Some" will dispute this claim. ;) ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1160018" timestamp="1326572891"]

[/quote]Absolutely.  That is a hard nut to "un-crack".

There was another reason that the Tigers won... and they won an incredible game!  With 19 seconds left and the game tied, HJ couldn't get off a good winning shot.  Silsbee could.

Kudos to the Tigers for a great win!  Kudos to both teams by proving that they both have the drive that is going to take them deep into the play-offs!  I have a feeling that this series is not going to be settled until Hunstville.... even with all the other strong teams in the area.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1160025" timestamp="1326573554"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=94174.msg1160018#msg1160018 date=1326572891]

[/quote]Absolutely.  That is a hard nut to "un-crack".

[b]There was another reason that the Tigers won... and they won an incredible game!  With 19 seconds left and the game tied, HJ couldn't get off a good winning shot.  Silsbee could.[/b]

Kudos to the Tigers for a great win!  Kudos to both teams by proving that they both have the drive that is going to take them deep into the play-offs!  I have a feeling that this series is not going to be settled until Hunstville.... even with all the other strong teams in the area.
[/quote]

That is a very good point. HJ did have their opportunity at the end to win, but the Tigers played very good defense in that last 19 seconds.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1160016" timestamp="1326572709"]
I think I am the only person in this forum who had faith in Silsbee to win this one. Didn't hear hardly a word from you SILSBEE supporters BEFORE the game. Now you're all over the place. HJ will be on a mission to destroy next time yall play. ;)
[/quote]I predicted a 7 point Tiger win and also stated that Silsbee looks like the better team.  Not too many people agreed with me, but I stand by that statement.  Prudhomme was the best player on the court. Silsbee has the better guard play.  HJ has the better post play (impressed with #32).  But overall, Silsbee has the better team.  Just my opinion, don't beat me up too bad.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder