*#1 HARDIN-JEFFERSON @ #4 SILSBEE Broadcast*/SILSBEE WINS 59-56!!!!

Well, I am shocked.  Couldn't believe our ears the entire third Q.  11/31 FT, my goodness...  Nice effort to come back from 18 down in the fourth.  Happy for the Silsbee kid who hit the winner at the buzzer-- that's a great memory for the rest of his life!  Congratulations, Tigers.  See y'all in Sour Lake...

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That shot was insane! What a memory for the enire Tiger team and fans![quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1159694" timestamp="1326513957"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=94174.msg1159665#msg1159665 date=1326512281]
Silsbee win! Silsbee win! Silsbee wins! Silsbee wins!
[/quote]BADSANTA, please at least act as if you expected the win. ;) ;)
[/quote]

I expected a win but not a 50 foot game winner. That shot was insane man

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1159694" timestamp="1326513957"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=94174.msg1159665#msg1159665 date=1326512281]
Silsbee win! Silsbee win! Silsbee wins! Silsbee wins!
[/quote]BADSANTA, please at least act as if you expected the win. ;) ;)
[/quote] He dont no how to act he is in :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Great game by both teams but Silsbee really out played hj in the 3rd qtr I think Silsbee was too quick for them and silsbee's guard gains really did not have a good game tonight but credit hj for their come back ,Silsbee has to learn how to close out teams. Hj could have gotten blown out if Silsbee would have kept attacking them like they did in the 3rd qtr hj had no answer for silsbee's press in the 3rd qtr. Great game by both teams and great shot for Jackson.

[quote name="Sloe" post="1159664" timestamp="1326512264"]
In years past HJ has hit FT almost automatic. Hope they realize what a difference they make.
[/quote]

Uh no - this has been an issue for HJ for years.  I previously stated free throws would the key factor to the outcome of this game. 

[quote name="stigers12" post="1159737" timestamp="1326516568"]
Silsbee had to take it easy with that defense due to foul trouble in the 4th quarter and i think thats what let HJ back in the game. What does that say about the effects of silsbees extremely tough schedule compared to HJ's exceptionally easy one?
[/quote]

It says absolutely nothing.  If it says anything, it says that if you play a physical game, there will be a plus and a minus for doing so.  If you have an 18 point lead on your home court, the opponents shoot 11/31 from the free throw line, and you make a 40 footer at the buzzer to win the game, it says that the "harder schedule theory" was not what it's cracked up to be even though it sounds good.  If you really believe what you are saying, why was Silsbee down ten early in the game when none of their players were in foul trouble?

Silsbee had to take it easy with that defense due to foul trouble in the 4th quarter and i think thats what let HJ back in the game. What does that say about the effects of silsbees extremely tough schedule compared to HJ's exceptionally easy one?
[/quote]

I see why your smite count is at 38. 

[quote name=""SmokeFan13"" post="1159747" timestamp="1326517805"]
Still Shocked!! Great Win Tigers!! Gotta Work On Shooting a little more, rebounding, and limiting all those fouls but a win is a win!!!
HJ 27-1!!
Silsbee 15-6!![b][/b]
Next Game Jan.31 in Sour Lake!! Ready!!
[/quote]

Can we just admit that typically these are the best two teams in the area & have the best chance to advance to Austin?

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="1159733" timestamp="1326516317"]
Great game to watch...HJ hold your heads high and practice ur free throws...both teams had good runs...good adjustment by coaches...great buzzer beater to end the game...HJ will be ready next game...
[/quote]
Point well taken about the free throws.  Unofficially, I
have H-J making 10 out of 28 - not good shooting and certainly not good by H-J's standards.  But in the clutch,
one H-J player had missed eight in a row and in the last
two minutes he made two of two with nothing but net.  Go figure - the Hawks can handle the heat, they just let the third quarter get away from them.  I hope the Tigers can play as well on the Hawks' court when the time comes. :-X

Why could hj hold their lead it can go either way all I know is Silsbee defense was too much for hj in the third and Silsbee played a poor 4th qtr by their standards. Hj is good no doubt but their are other teams in this region that can beat both Silsbee and hj but hj's mental toughness broke down and Silsbee took full advantage.

[/quote]
It says that if HJ had played Silsbees schedule, they would have about the same record as Silsbee.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder