Vidor vs Montgomery....

VP93....

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1119203" timestamp="1321395632"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=91411.msg1119177#msg1119177 date=1321394223]
[quote author=MOBearsFan link=topic=91411.msg1119142#msg1119142 date=1321392377]
I think this will be a great game...and I can assure you that no one in Montgomery is looking past Vidor.  I did not know the adversity that you have been through this year, but it has the makings of a "team of destiny" sort of thing.  Anyway, the great thing about this game is what I like about Texas High School football...two small towns, where football is very important, meeting up for an all or nothing matchup...they make movies about this kind of stuff.

As far as the game itself, after watching some Vidor film with my son, I think that Montgomery will win (of course) 24 - 14.  The style of offense you run will keep our O off the field as much as we are used to...however, our defensive speed will create some negative yardage plays by rushing 8 or 9 and keep you out of the endzone for much of the night...unless you guys learn to throw the ball this week.  The Bears defense is holding opponents to less that 200 ypg...the last 4 teams averaged 64 ypg.

All in all, it should be a pretty close game...much more so than Montgomery/Huntsville or Vidor/Crosby.  I think how well the Vidor defense does against our 430 yard and 42 point per ganme offense will be the decising factor.  I canot wait!
[/quote]
Just ask Ozen and Livingston what blitzing will do to this type of offense. Our type of offense is misdirection offense which mean 9 times out of 10 you will probably not know who will get the ball until they have it which means you better have everyone covered. All it takes is one of your guys blitzing to guess wrong on who has the ball and it can turn into a big play. All four of our runners have really good speed and if you guess wrong then its either 6 points or a big run. And we know how to pass the ball. We've proved that in most our games this year.
[/quote]

It will absolutely shut it down!  We blitz about 85% of the time, and playing yalls type of offense didnt affect us at all.  Montgomery disguises their blitz packages very well.  I'm not saying y'all won't score, but I doubt it will be a lot.
[/quote]Your correct brenhamfan...Thats what blitzes are designed to do but,they also give up hugh plays if you get caught in the wrong one at the wrong time...We are use to seeing 8 or 9 in the box..The trouble is with that many defenders close to the line of scrimmage.If the running backs pops through its usually 6.Should be interesting.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all Vidor fans,players, and associates. I had the good fortune to see Vidor play three games this year.Ned, Ozen, and Crosby. I am from Ned and will always be a dog at heart. I look forward to our game with you guys every year cause it's such a hard fought battle with both teams leaving it all on the field. I have been much impressed with you guys this tragic year and know a little about your heartbteak from losing a player. The same thing happened to me one time when a great kid I coached in baseball died in an accident. Words can never express the range of feelings you experience. You guys have a very good team this year and us ned folks finally became unpuckered a couple days after our game. People have called your style of play unsophisticated. I call your style of play physical hit em in the mouth ball control football. Let the naysayers think what they will. I've seen D1 college championships won with similar styles. All you have to do is execute and you guys do that very well week in and out. You get idiots like Crosby and some moron last night making hurtful racial comments of negativity toward Vidor. Evidently these jerks weren't there last year when Ned played at Vidor and you guys collected a substantial amount of money for the family of Reggie Garrett. That was the ultimate classiest thing I've seen in a long while. I have good friends from your town and have always been treated with utmost respect and courtesy when in Vidor for sports events or business. Bythe way I'm still so pissed at that mark idiot from last night that you could steam clams in my pockets. The best thing you guys could do to help me over that is shove a football up his invincible teams a55. If I wasn't taking my dad to see ned saturday I would be at your game early to get a good seat. When you play Mont. please do your best to beat them. You can and I believe. Play clean and hard but hit em in the mouth every play. You're on a roll and outside of Vidor I am one of your biggest fans. HOPE TO SEE YOU IN A REMATCH WITH NED SO I CAN GET PUCKERED FOR A FEW DAYS. Ain't such a bad thing at my age. Utmost respect from an old life long bulldog!!!!!

[quote name="coach pops" post="1119462" timestamp="1321409139"]

To all Vidor fans,players, and associates. I had the good fortune to see Vidor play three games this year.Ned, Ozen, and Crosby. I am from Ned and will always be a dog at heart. I look forward to our game with you guys every year cause it's such a hard fought battle with both teams leaving it all on the field. I have been much impressed with you guys this tragic year and know a little about your heartbteak from losing a player. The same thing happened to me one time when a great kid I coached in baseball died in an accident. Words can never express the range of feelings you experience. You guys have a very good team this year and us ned folks finally became unpuckered a couple days after our game. People have called your style of play unsophisticated. I call your style of play physical hit em in the mouth ball control football. Let the naysayers think what they will. I've seen D1 college championships won with similar styles. All you have to do is execute and you guys do that very well week in and out. You get idiots like Crosby and some moron last night making hurtful racial comments of negativity toward Vidor. Evidently these jerks weren't there last year when Ned played at Vidor and you guys collected a substantial amount of money for the family of Reggie Garrett. That was the ultimate classiest thing I've seen in a long while. I have good friends from your town and have always been treated with utmost respect and courtesy when in Vidor for sports events or business. Bythe way I'm still so pissed at that mark idiot from last night that you could steam clams in my pockets. The best thing you guys could do to help me over that is shove a football up his invincible teams a55. If I wasn't taking my dad to see ned saturday I would be at your game early to get a good seat. When you play Mont. please do your best to beat them. You can and I believe. Play clean and hard but hit em in the mouth every play. You're on a roll and outside of Vidor I am one of your biggest fans. HOPE TO SEE YOU IN A REMATCH WITH NED SO I CAN GET PUCKERED FOR A FEW DAYS. Ain't such a bad thing at my age. Utmost respect from an old life long bulldog!!!!!
[/quote]
Great Post! I'd give you positive karma if i could, but thanks for the support, Good luck To Ned as well.

[quote name="MOBearsFan" post="1119146" timestamp="1321392632"]
I think this will be a great game...and I can assure you that no one in Montgomery is looking past Vidor.  I did not know the adversity that you have been through this year, but it has the makings of a "team of destiny" sort of thing.  Anyway, the great thing about this game is what I like about Texas High School football...two small towns, where football is very important, meeting up for an all or nothing matchup...they make movies about this kind of stuff.

As far as the game itself, after watching some Vidor film with my son, I think that Montgomery will win (of course) 24 - 14.  The style of offense you run will keep our O off the field as much as we are used to...however, our defensive speed will create some negative yardage plays by rushing 8 or 9 and keep you out of the endzone for much of the night...unless you guys learn to throw the ball this week.  The Bears defense is holding opponents to less that 200 ypg...the last 4 teams averaged 64 ypg.

All in all, it should be a pretty close game...much more so than Montgomery/Huntsville or Vidor/Crosby.  I think how well the Vidor defense does against our 430 yard and 42 point per ganme offense will be the decising factor.  I cannot wait!
[/quote]
Just a few corrections there. Montgomery is averaging 247 yards per game defensively. Not less than 200. And They are averaging 419 yards per game offensively. Not 430.

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="1118785" timestamp="1321374580"]
No disappearance, just traveling all day yesterday. And I have no roid rage. Never have.

And as far as racial slurs? Someone will have to explain that one. I've been on the forum for years, never come across that before. Seems to me I may have hit a nerve or two but made no racial slurs. Someone evidently doesn't know who Tyrone is. Tyrone is a poster in here that goes by "Tyrone Biggums". And I can't swear to it but I'll bet he's Caucasian. Not sure where that could be misconstrued as a racial slur. Personally I could care less otherwise.

I come in here to talk football. Not to get into petty pissing matches with people that are taking life way too seriously.  I help or answer questions on here when asked. I didn't answer the question about a player of ours that no longer playing, on purpose, I won't discuss a kids personal business out in an open forum. But those on here that know me, know that if emailed or IM'd, I generally always respond.

And as far as me touting about myself, I rarely talk about myself. I was asked, in a certain tone I felt obliged to answer. I personally could give a rats hind end either way. I have better things to worry about in life. I've got some meetings to be at, but I will be on later if someone cares to discuss it further, otherwise I'm done within, and let's get back to football.
[/quote]
Dont insult my intelligence because I will own you.
you said, "Tyrone knows better than to be driving around Vidor"
you're a joke dude. own up to your comments instead of trying to backpedal. Tyrone Biggums may be a poster on here but its also a black character played by Dave Chappelle and I am betting you knew that before you made the comment. So again, how could your comments about driving around Vidor not be racist? You say you only come on here to talk football yet you made a very derogatory and racial slur about Vidor. You're no different than any other coward who hides behind a keyboard.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1119852" timestamp="1321452431"]
[quote author=BentlyBear link=topic=91411.msg1119782#msg1119782 date=1321444545]
Vidor is a bunch of sissies and we are going to prove it this Friday
[/quote]You're a funny little guy.
[/quote]and stupid

[quote name="VP 93......" post="1119841" timestamp="1321451467"]
[quote author=BentlyBear link=topic=91411.msg1119782#msg1119782 date=1321444545]
Vidor is a [b]bunch of sissies [/b] and we are going to prove it this Friday
[/quote]

REALLY!!!!??? ??? ??? ??? ???
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it was a joke.  I mean, "sissies?" LOL

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1119843" timestamp="1321451678"]
[quote author=Mark F Barnes link=topic=91411.msg1118785#msg1118785 date=1321374580]
No disappearance, just traveling all day yesterday. And I have no roid rage. Never have.

And as far as racial slurs? Someone will have to explain that one. I've been on the forum for years, never come across that before. Seems to me I may have hit a nerve or two but made no racial slurs. Someone evidently doesn't know who Tyrone is. Tyrone is a poster in here that goes by "Tyrone Biggums". And I can't swear to it but I'll bet he's Caucasian. Not sure where that could be misconstrued as a racial slur. Personally I could care less otherwise.

I come in here to talk football. Not to get into petty pissing matches with people that are taking life way too seriously.  I help or answer questions on here when asked. I didn't answer the question about a player of ours that no longer playing, on purpose, I won't discuss a kids personal business out in an open forum. But those on here that know me, know that if emailed or IM'd, I generally always respond.

And as far as me touting about myself, I rarely talk about myself. I was asked, in a certain tone I felt obliged to answer. I personally could give a rats hind end either way. I have better things to worry about in life. I've got some meetings to be at, but I will be on later if someone cares to discuss it further, otherwise I'm done within, and let's get back to football.
[/quote]
Dont insult my intelligence because I will own you.
you said, "Tyrone knows better than to be driving around Vidor"
you're a joke dude. own up to your comments instead of trying to backpedal. Tyrone Biggums may be a poster on here but its also a black character played by Dave Chappelle and I am betting you knew that before you made the comment. So again, how could your comments about driving around Vidor not be racist? [b]You say you only come on here to talk football yet you made a very derogatory and racial slur about Vidor. You're no different than any other coward who hides behind a keyboard.[/b]
[/quote]

Great post and with his attitude no wonder people can't move forward.

[b]Vidor[/b]
Total yards        First downs    Rushing yards    Passing yards 
3882                    205              3426                    456

[b]Montgomery[/b]
Total yards        First downs      Rushing yards    Passing yards 
4742                  175                2555                      2187

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1119858" timestamp="1321452987"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=91411.msg1119852#msg1119852 date=1321452431]
[/quote]

Soulja, are you going to this one?
[/quote]Where will it be?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1119991" timestamp="1321458588"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91411.msg1119858#msg1119858 date=1321452987]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=91411.msg1119852#msg1119852 date=1321452431]
[/quote]

[/quote]Aldine Thorne Stadium

[quote name="VP 93......" post="1120000" timestamp="1321458891"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=91411.msg1119991#msg1119991 date=1321458588]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91411.msg1119858#msg1119858 date=1321452987]
[/quote]

[/quote]Friday?

[quote name="BentlyBear" post="1119782" timestamp="1321444545"]
[/quote]

Well then, please do tell me where these "so called sissies" are in Vidor?  Would love to meet them!! Last time I checked, the Pirates were far from that.  Tell ya what, these "sissies" will help you guys cry a river so you can just float back to Montgomery after the game Friday night because the tears will make it hard for you to drive home.  I love the fact that EVERY week the opposing team seems to think the Pirates are nothing more than a push over and every week our boys prove you wrong.

[move][font=comic sans ms][size=24pt] LET'S GO PIRATES, LET'S GO!! [/size][/font][/move]

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1120005" timestamp="1321459223"]
[quote author=VP 93...... link=topic=91411.msg1120000#msg1120000 date=1321458891]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=91411.msg1119991#msg1119991 date=1321458588]
[/quote]

[/quote]Friday?
[/quote] 7:30 Friday...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1120005" timestamp="1321459223"]
[quote author=VP 93...... link=topic=91411.msg1120000#msg1120000 date=1321458891]
[/quote]

[/quote]Friday?
[/quote]

Yes sir...  I wanna hear your commentary during the game.  Lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online