Officer involved shooting, Airman in Florida..

I am surprised that this is not been covered yet.

A deputy received a call of a disturbance in the apartment. He knocked on the door and announced that he was with the sheriff department twice.

The man opened the door with a pistol in hand.

Of course the news articles give a different take on the incident. Once such comment in the news article below was from the family attorney who said the deputy busted into the apartment. Then the police released the video and showed that the deputy did not open the door, the resident/Airman did.

I guess to inflame the public or create click bait, false or uncorroborated information is immediately released. I have read or viewed accusations that the deputy never announced that he was outside, that he forced his way in, he covered up the eyepiece on the door so that the man couldn’t look out, etc. Much of that has already been squashed by releasing the video. 

This is the hidden content, please

8 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I am surprised that this is not been covered yet.

A deputy received a call of a disturbance in the apartment. He knocked on the door and announced that he was with the sheriff department twice.

The man opened the door with a pistol in hand.

Of course the news articles give a different take on the incident. Once such comment in the news article below was from the family attorney who said the deputy busted into the apartment. Then the police released the video and showed that the deputy did not open the door, the resident/Airman did.

I guess to inflame the public or create click bait, false or uncorroborated information is immediately released. I have read or viewed accusations that the deputy never announced that he was outside, that he forced his way in, he covered up the eyepiece on the door so that the man couldn’t look out, etc. Much of that has already been squashed by releasing the video. 

This is the hidden content, please

Just read the article. That was certainly unfortunate on several levels for both parties involved.

4 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Just read the article. That was certainly unfortunate on several levels for both parties involved.

It’s terrible no matter what happened.

I am always concerned with the news media and social media outright lies or incorrect information that is put out, maybe in a rush to be first. Watching the video, it is easy to see that some of the earlier claims are simply nonsense.

The officer might be cleared or he might face trial but we should be disgusted with the misinformation. Having been on scene or shortly after an officer involved shooting three times, I can say that some information that comes out is a complete fabrication.

This is a horrible situation no matter who was at fault. I wish that the nonsensical false information would stop. That won’t happen…..

The problem as well as that all of the social justice warriors, influencers, and instigators repeat these lies in the immediate days after the event, garnering outrage.  But when they're proven false they never go back and rescind their outrage-causing posts, they just move on to the next one.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

The problem as well as that all of the social justice warriors, influencers, and instigators repeat these lies in the immediate days after the event, garnering outrage.  But when they're proven false they never go back and rescind their outrage-causing posts, they just move on to the next one.

They aren’t exactly standing in line to recant.