Vidor vs Montgomery....

VP93....

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1120236" timestamp="1321470291"]
[quote author=Noles_Fan link=topic=91411.msg1120208#msg1120208 date=1321469374]
brenhamgroupie, I mean benhamfan you post more about Vidor than you do your own school.  This leads me to believe that you once went to Vidor and was cut from all sports and have a lifelone grudge against Vidor.
[/quote]

Actually, I've lived in Brenham all of my life, and went to school here.  You know, the "Birthplace of Texas", the land of ice cream and blue bonnets, and one of the most successful high school athletic programs in the state!  I've never been to Vidor, so why would I hate Vidor?  I will be at the game though, supporting my district.  Something 20-4A schools claim they are the best at.  If that makes me a "brenhamgroupie", that's fine with me...
[/quote]

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="kru" post="1120327" timestamp="1321474667"]
  I'm glad to hear you will be there.  Hopefully alot of ya'll are.  I'm tired of seeing our stands packed and looking across the field to see empty seats all over the other side.  Crosby's attendence total was pathetic.
[/quote]

I'll be sitting on the Vidor side in my green, but i'll be yelling and supporting Montgomery!  ;D

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1120367" timestamp="1321476762"]
[quote author=kru link=topic=91411.msg1120327#msg1120327 date=1321474667]
  I'm glad to hear you will be there.  Hopefully alot of ya'll are.  I'm tired of seeing our stands packed and looking across the field to see empty seats all over the other side.  Crosby's attendence total was pathetic.
[/quote]

I'll be sitting on the Vidor side in my green, but i'll be yelling and supporting Montgomery!  ;D
[/quote]

Your a brave soul Mr. Cub....a brave soul  ;D

[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1120368" timestamp="1321476886"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91411.msg1120367#msg1120367 date=1321476762]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In my liltex voice: "I ain't skeered of no stinking 20-4A!"  ;) ;D  I hear that most Vidor fans are pretty nice.  I guess we'll see when the guy next to them in green shoes is cheering for the Bears.

[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1120368" timestamp="1321476886"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91411.msg1120367#msg1120367 date=1321476762]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In my liltex voice: "I ain't skeered of no stinking 20-4A!"  ;) ;D  I hear that most Vidor fans are pretty nice.  I guess we'll see when the guy next to them in green shoes is cheering for the Bears.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1120381" timestamp="1321477386"]
[quote author=Purple Runs Deep link=topic=91411.msg1120368#msg1120368 date=1321476886]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I'm sure you'll be just fine. But you never know........lol jk jk

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="1120051" timestamp="1321461996"]
GoDogs77, I don't even watch Saturday Night live, so assume all you want. And in this era of hypersensitivity and political correctness, you can think what you may. I could really care less. If you want to keep stirring that crap you are selling, have a good time. You want to talk tough and call people cowards, enjoy yourself. after Friday all of this crap will be a moot point and the better team will move on to the third round. Eventually this thread will die and life for some of us will go on. I could give a rats hind end who you think you will own, or whatever.

If you actually think about the statement in a literal sense, the only person that can insult your intelligence is yourself. Just like you assuming I knew who this SNL character was. Or assuming you know what I meant by saying something. Or trying to play the race card to validate your point. So be it tough guy

Have a nice day
[/quote]

Nobody is "assuming" anything. Which is why we asked for you to explain what you meant. You made a comment, that in hindsight was a mistake. It happens, but to turn around and try to say you didnt mean it racially or derogatory is a bit of a backpedal no? It's about owning up to something. I dont think anyone would've said anything about it until you tried to cover yourself by using the screename of another user on here. That was just plain stupid because you never said what you meant by it. If that was the case, then what would that other user have anything to do with driving around in Vidor? But, its ok, you dont have to explain yourself. We can all see through it... I don't care how many years a person was an olympic athlete or wwe champ or captain of the lacrosse team; if you can't own up to something without excuses, then you arent a man in my book..

[quote name="coach pops" post="1119462" timestamp="1321409139"]

To all Vidor fans,players, and associates. I had the good fortune to see Vidor play three games this year.Ned, Ozen, and Crosby. I am from Ned and will always be a dog at heart. I look forward to our game with you guys every year cause it's such a hard fought battle with both teams leaving it all on the field. I have been much impressed with you guys this tragic year and know a little about your heartbteak from losing a player. The same thing happened to me one time when a great kid I coached in baseball died in an accident. Words can never express the range of feelings you experience. You guys have a very good team this year and us ned folks finally became unpuckered a couple days after our game. People have called your style of play unsophisticated. I call your style of play physical hit em in the mouth ball control football. Let the naysayers think what they will. I've seen D1 college championships won with similar styles. All you have to do is execute and you guys do that very well week in and out. You get idiots like Crosby and some moron last night making hurtful racial comments of negativity toward Vidor. Evidently these jerks weren't there last year when Ned played at Vidor and you guys collected a substantial amount of money for the family of Reggie Garrett. That was the ultimate classiest thing I've seen in a long while. I have good friends from your town and have always been treated with utmost respect and courtesy when in Vidor for sports events or business. Bythe way I'm still so pissed at that mark idiot from last night that you could steam clams in my pockets. The best thing you guys could do to help me over that is shove a football up his invincible teams a55. If I wasn't taking my dad to see ned saturday I would be at your game early to get a good seat. When you play Mont. please do your best to beat them. You can and I believe. Play clean and hard but hit em in the mouth every play. You're on a roll and outside of Vidor I am one of your biggest fans. HOPE TO SEE YOU IN A REMATCH WITH NED SO I CAN GET PUCKERED FOR A FEW DAYS. Ain't such a bad thing at my age. Utmost respect from an old life long bulldog!!!!!
[/quote]
Awesome post...thank you for supporting our boys

[quote name="coach pops" post="1119462" timestamp="1321409139"]

To all Vidor fans,players, and associates. I had the good fortune to see Vidor play three games this year.Ned, Ozen, and Crosby. I am from Ned and will always be a dog at heart. I look forward to our game with you guys every year cause it's such a hard fought battle with both teams leaving it all on the field. I have been much impressed with you guys this tragic year and know a little about your heartbteak from losing a player. The same thing happened to me one time when a great kid I coached in baseball died in an accident. Words can never express the range of feelings you experience. You guys have a very good team this year and us ned folks finally became unpuckered a couple days after our game. People have called your style of play unsophisticated. I call your style of play physical hit em in the mouth ball control football. Let the naysayers think what they will. I've seen D1 college championships won with similar styles. All you have to do is execute and you guys do that very well week in and out. You get idiots like Crosby and some moron last night making hurtful racial comments of negativity toward Vidor. [b]Evidently these jerks weren't there last year when Ned played at Vidor and you guys collected a substantial amount of money for the family of Reggie Garrett.[/b] That was the ultimate classiest thing I've seen in a long while. I have good friends from your town and have always been treated with utmost respect and courtesy when in Vidor for sports events or business. Bythe way I'm still so pissed at that mark idiot from last night that you could steam clams in my pockets. The best thing you guys could do to help me over that is shove a football up his invincible teams a55. If I wasn't taking my dad to see ned saturday I would be at your game early to get a good seat. When you play Mont. please do your best to beat them. You can and I believe. Play clean and hard but hit em in the mouth every play. You're on a roll and outside of Vidor I am one of your biggest fans. HOPE TO SEE YOU IN A REMATCH WITH NED SO I CAN GET PUCKERED FOR A FEW DAYS. Ain't such a bad thing at my age. Utmost respect from an old life long bulldog!!!!!
[/quote]

I recall throwing a $5 in the bucket when the students were collecting for a certain school ravaged by wild fires. I cant remember the school right now though....

[quote name="coachdaddy" post="1120634" timestamp="1321494022"]
[quote author=coach pops link=topic=91411.msg1119462#msg1119462 date=1321409139]

To all Vidor fans,players, and associates. I had the good fortune to see Vidor play three games this year.Ned, Ozen, and Crosby. I am from Ned and will always be a dog at heart. I look forward to our game with you guys every year cause it's such a hard fought battle with both teams leaving it all on the field. I have been much impressed with you guys this tragic year and know a little about your heartbteak from losing a player. The same thing happened to me one time when a great kid I coached in baseball died in an accident. Words can never express the range of feelings you experience. You guys have a very good team this year and us ned folks finally became unpuckered a couple days after our game. People have called your style of play unsophisticated. I call your style of play physical hit em in the mouth ball control football. Let the naysayers think what they will. I've seen D1 college championships won with similar styles. All you have to do is execute and you guys do that very well week in and out. You get idiots like Crosby and some moron last night making hurtful racial comments of negativity toward Vidor. [b]Evidently these jerks weren't there last year when Ned played at Vidor and you guys collected a substantial amount of money for the family of Reggie Garrett.[/b] That was the ultimate classiest thing I've seen in a long while. I have good friends from your town and have always been treated with utmost respect and courtesy when in Vidor for sports events or business. Bythe way I'm still so pissed at that mark idiot from last night that you could steam clams in my pockets. The best thing you guys could do to help me over that is shove a football up his invincible teams a55. If I wasn't taking my dad to see ned saturday I would be at your game early to get a good seat. When you play Mont. please do your best to beat them. You can and I believe. Play clean and hard but hit em in the mouth every play. You're on a roll and outside of Vidor I am one of your biggest fans. HOPE TO SEE YOU IN A REMATCH WITH NED SO I CAN GET PUCKERED FOR A FEW DAYS. Ain't such a bad thing at my age. Utmost respect from an old life long bulldog!!!!!
[/quote]

I recall throwing a $5 in the bucket when the students were collecting for a certain school ravaged by wild fires. I cant remember the school right now though....
[/quote]

Magnolia West was one of the main schools affected.  The fires were within blocks of the school, and a couple of players houses. (including their star Desmond Richards)

Hey BrenhamFan...come sit on our side...you will be a little more welcome.  No one in Montgomery can say too much to anyone from Brenham other than I hope you guys win State in D2.  The Vidor fans probably don't know too much about the history of the Brenham football program because they are usually done with their season about 4 - 6 weeks before you guys are.  There is a lot of Vidor bravado on this forum from a team that just won thier first playoff game since the Kennedy administration.

[quote name="MOBearsFan" post="1120734" timestamp="1321503175"]
Hey BrenhamFan...come sit on our side...you will be a little more welcome.  No one in Montgomery can say too much to anyone from Brenham other than I hope you guys win State in D2.  The Vidor fans probably don't know too much about the history of the Brenham football program because they are usually done with their season about 4 - 6 weeks before you guys are.  There is a lot of Vidor bravado on this forum from a team that just won thier first playoff game since the Kennedy administration.
[/quote]

Lol.  That's funny...  Thanks for your support, and you better believe me and my green shoes, will be rooting for Montgomery and the rest of 17-4A!  Like I said earlier, I wanna meet up with a couple of Vidor people and check out the atmosphere their fans provide.  If they have a problem with a football-crazed Cub fan standing up and yelling for the Bears, then thats too bad, cuz it's gonna happen.  Good luck Friday!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1120739" timestamp="1321503861"]
[quote author=MOBearsFan link=topic=91411.msg1120734#msg1120734 date=1321503175]
[/quote]

Lol.  That's funny...  Thanks for your support, and you better believe me and my green shoes, will be rooting for Montgomery and the rest of 17-4A!  Like I said earlier, I wanna meet up with a couple of Vidor people and check out the atmosphere their fans provide.  If they have a problem with a football-crazed Cub fan standing up and yelling for the Bears, then thats too bad, cuz it's gonna happen.  Good luck Friday!
[/quote]
I have three pairs of green shoes  8) but i'm glad you're going to meet some Vidor folk. we're not all bad  :P

[quote name="Pirates34" post="1120741" timestamp="1321504084"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91411.msg1120739#msg1120739 date=1321503861]
[quote author=MOBearsFan link=topic=91411.msg1120734#msg1120734 date=1321503175]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I have three pairs of green shoes  8) but i'm glad you're going to meet some Vidor folk. we're not all bad  :P
[/quote]

I have 3 pair too.  Can't wait to see my first Vidor game. (even if I'm pulling for the other team)  ;) After all, I hear Vidor is known for their fan support and band.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1120752" timestamp="1321505140"]
[quote author=Pirates34 link=topic=91411.msg1120741#msg1120741 date=1321504084]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91411.msg1120739#msg1120739 date=1321503861]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I have 3 pair too.  Can't wait to see my first Vidor game. (even if I'm pulling for the other team)  ;) After all, I hear Vidor is known for their fan support and band.
[/quote]
Yeah, even through our rough seasons we still bring quite a crowd, and our band is very good too.

[quote name="MOBearsFan" post="1120734" timestamp="1321503175"]
[/quote]

I beg your pardon, Lyndon Johnson was president last time we won a playoff game in football. BrenhamFan will have a great time sitting with the Black Pearl watching the game. BTW, my wife is from College Station and I have friends in Brenham; I've seen the Bluebell kids play there a few times...

It'll be two playoff victories after this weekend; Vidor 24, Montgomery 21 in a close one. The team with the least number of turnovers wins this one. I believe Montgomery has a good defense but so does Nederland and we were able to move the ball against them. Lost at their place on a fourth and 18. Our offensive line has proven all year they can play with anyone. Lastly, we have all our weapons including Bolinger and Smallwood back for this game. It will be exciting!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder