Vidor vs Montgomery....

VP93....

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pirates, congrats on your first playoff win in a while this year but I have to tell you that the deeper you go into the playoffs the talent and experience from opposing teams is much better, which is just common sense. Most of the teams not all that make it to the second round have playoff experience from the year before. If you win in the second round, the third round and going forward is usually a dog fight to the end. The Broncos have experienced this the last four years or more. Good luck pirates but I believe Montgomery gets this win.

Montgomery 35

Vidor21

I think this will end up being a real close game coming down to turnovers and Montgomery D against that Vidor Option offense. Montgomery offense needs to establish run game because our QB will be blitzed to throw often. #12 having a big game for Montgomery is also key. Hope for a safe game for the players/families and fans to the game. Congratulations Vidor on a great season whatever the outcome is.
  Montgomery-24  Vidor-21  Good luck and Go Bears!

[quote name="Monkeynuts" post="1117356" timestamp="1321240062"]
I think this will end up being a real close game coming down to turnovers and Montgomery D against that Vidor Option offense. Montgomery offense needs to establish run game because QB will be blitzed to throw often. #12 having a big game for Montgomery is also key. Hope for a safe game for the players/families and fans to the game. Congratulations Vidor on a great season whatever the outcome is.
  Montgomery-24  Vidor-21  Good luck and Go Bears!
[/quote]

We don't run an option offense, we run the slot-T. It's based on deception and has won several Texas state championships. Mr. Quirante runs it to perfection. By the way, we prefer you blitz.

[quote name="7mary3" post="1114870" timestamp="1321118830"]
Make the playoffs one time in several years and now they are going to whip everybody...sounds like Lumberton geeeeeez.  Good luck Vidor...at least you have one playoff win to talk about until next year.
[/quote]

We're no Lumberton. They had a couple of good years and then back to obscurity. Sorry, but Jeff Mathews has a winning record at Vidor and we'll also whip your butt at baseball, soccer or basketball. Keep puckerin'....first sign of brain damage from bath salts.....

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="1115015" timestamp="1321124994"]
I tell you what, all you Vidor Mights don't be a stranger when this thing is over. I won't be starting any crow eating threads, none of the nonsense, that tends to be the norm after someone talks a big game, and things don't work out as expected. I just want you around to say, "Guess Montgomery isn't all hype."

And that goes both ways....I'm here all the time, win or lose.....

Sitting here watching the PNG films vs Vidor, not seeing all this defense being hyped upon, will watch the Nederland film next, maybe it has a better perspective. We only asked for the PNG, Nederland, and Livingston films, so we will have to judge off of that.
[/quote]

Nederland beat us on a fourth and 18 AT THEIR HOUSE (by 3 points). PNG beat us by a touchdown AT THEIR HOUSE and we killed ourselves with two fumbles in the red zone. We clobbered Livingston in Vidor. This game can go either way. No doubt Montgomery's good but the Walter twins are the two best ballplayers I've seen this year. You can only hope to contain them. Get ready for four quarters because we don't give up. Again, only Texarkana hung 30 on us the first game of the year in 105 degree heat at Lufkin (they still lost). Our kids are in outstanding shape and have more heart than any team you've faced. If your defense feels like blitzing, by all means, blitz away!!! The slot-T offense just isn't made to handle blitzing. By the way, if you do blitz sweetheart, his name is Brentyn Clark and he's built like a bulldozer (114 yards against Crosby). We have all our weapons, including David Smallwood, back for this Friday's contest. xxxx's and oooo's

We had two passes verses Crosby, blitzing our QB won't do much good. Our defense isn't big either, small and quick like yours. My angst wasn't directed towards you Monkeynuts. I think this is going to be a great football game...one touchdown or less....down to the wire. Good luck to you and the Montgomery Bears. First time we've played each other.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1117500" timestamp="1321251305"]
Something that hasnt been mentioned much is Vidors pass defense. Havent seen them in their later games, but against Nederland they blanketed our receivers... Could be the difference
[/quote]
I agree. Our secondary is amazing in there pass defense. We haven't been the best in the district but we have held all the big passing teams to under what they usually get passing wise.

Somewhere in all the smoke blowing and general BS, seems as though some of the thin skinned folk, seem to think someone questioned the "heart" of the Vidor Boys. Not sure where that came from but whatever, I guess you must really think your boys are the only team in the Region with "heart". Well I got news for you, Vidor doesn't hold sole posession of "heart" in this equation. But it takes more than just heart, heart will only take you so far. Been watching to many "Rudy" re-runs there Sparky. We'll see who has what it takes come next Friday. Prove me wrong, please do, and I will be the first to admit it.

And a few pages back someone asked who I am....well partner, I'm the guy that is easiest in the world to find, because i don't hide on a keyboard behind some fake name, use your google skills amigo, I'm easy to find out about. My youngest is a Senior on this team, and I work with most of these boys very closely, on and off the field. I played the game for many years at all levels, and have the knee surgeries to go along with it. I love the game, and the kids that come out to play it. I teach them to play the game hard, safe, and clean. May the best team win, because no matter the excuses, the best team wins on any given night. Turnovers, injuries, brain farts, whatever, it's all inclusive and reflected on the scoreboard when the clock runs out.

Good Luck come Friday......

[quote name="7mary3" post="1114870" timestamp="1321118830"]
Make the playoffs one time in several years and now they are going to whip everybody...sounds like Lumberton geeeeeez.  Good luck Vidor...at least you have one playoff win to talk about until next year.
[/quote]
When you have whipped everybody, why not keep believing in your team to continue doing that? They have a few losses this year, but they are in the 2nd round so give them credit. Good luck to Vidor.

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="1117516" timestamp="1321252504"]
Somewhere in all the smoke blowing and general BS, seems as though some of the thin skinned folk, seem to think someone questioned the "heart" of the Vidor Boys. Not sure where that came from but whatever, I guess you must really think your boys are the only team in the Region with "heart". Well I got news for you, Vidor doesn't hold sole posession of "heart" in this equation. But it takes more than just heart, heart will only take you so far. Been watching to many "Rudy" re-runs there Sparky. We'll see who has what it takes come next Friday. Prove me wrong, please do, and I will be the first to admit it.

And a few pages back someone asked who I am....well partner, I'm the guy that is easiest in the world to find, because i don't hide on a keyboard behind some fake name, use your google skills amigo, I'm easy to find out about. My youngest is a Senior on this team, and I work with most of these boys very closely, on and off the field. I played the game for many years at all levels, and have the knee surgeries to go along with it. I love the game, and the kids that come out to play it. I teach them to play the game hard, safe, and clean. May the best team win, because no matter the excuses, the best team wins on any given night. Turnovers, injuries, brain farts, whatever, it's all inclusive and reflected on the scoreboard when the clock runs out.

[/quote]
You really don't know much about this team do you Mark? Vidor was picked to finished 7th in there district. They finished tied for second. They were picked to lose 8 out of there 10 games. They won 8 out of there 11 games. They were picked to lose when they played Crosby by 14+ points. They won by 20+ points. Every singe week this team has proved everyone that has doubted them wrong. On October 16th they lost there best friend, brother, teammate, and friend and have dedicated this season to him. This Vidor team does not quit. EVER! Its just not in there vocabulary. They don't comprehend the word. I can guarantee you that there is no team in the state that puts as much heart on thursday/friday/saturday nights as the Vidor Pirates.

[quote name="vp32" post="1117525" timestamp="1321253540"]
[quote author=Mark F Barnes link=topic=91411.msg1117516#msg1117516 date=1321252504]

[/quote]
You really don't know much about this team do you Mark? Vidor was picked to finished 7th in there district. They finished tied for second. They were picked to lose 8 out of there 10 games. They won 8 out of there 11 games. They were picked to lose when they played Crosby by 14+ points. They won by 20+ points. Every singe week this team has proved everyone that has doubted them wrong. On October 16th they lost there best friend, brother, teammate, and friend and have dedicated this season to him. This Vidor team does not quit. EVER! Its just not in there vocabulary. They don't comprehend the word. I can guarantee you that there is no team in the state that puts as much heart on thursday/friday/saturday nights as the Vidor Pirates.
[/quote]

Sounds like a decent season . To bad it will be over this
Friday !  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly2aeH8hfQA

This game will be very interesting since Vidor have a long week to prepare for this team.  Cool temeratures favor this rugged Vidor team and Montgomery will probably be their toughest test yet.  Vidor have overcame all challenges presented to this with pinpoint blocking schemes, strong running, and a proven leader by an underlassmen QB.  They defend the pass well and they have enough speed to play bend don't break football and will keep your offense off the field.  I don't know what Montgomery have, but they will be in for a heck of a game.  If you're not a football fan, you may not want to be in attendence.  Vidor won't be having big plays, flashy runs and jukes, but will move the football.  The last couple of weeks, Vidor  have not turned the ball over often.  Montgomery was a tough team last year as well.  Let's just hope they don't overlook this 'small, slow' team or they'll be scratching their heads after the game. 

[quote name="robanadana" post="1117476" timestamp="1321246879"]
[quote author=Mark F Barnes link=topic=91411.msg1115015#msg1115015 date=1321124994]
I tell you what, all you Vidor Mights don't be a stranger when this thing is over. I won't be starting any crow eating threads, none of the nonsense, that tends to be the norm after someone talks a big game, and things don't work out as expected. I just want you around to say, "Guess Montgomery isn't all hype."

And that goes both ways....I'm here all the time, win or lose.....

Sitting here watching the PNG films vs Vidor, not seeing all this defense being hyped upon, will watch the Nederland film next, maybe it has a better perspective. We only asked for the PNG, Nederland, and Livingston films, so we will have to judge off of that.
[/quote]

Nederland beat us on a fourth and 18 AT THEIR HOUSE (by 3 points). PNG beat us by a touchdown AT THEIR HOUSE and we killed ourselves with two fumbles in the red zone. We clobbered Livingston in Vidor. This game can go either way. No doubt Montgomery's good but the Walter twins are the two best ballplayers I've seen this year. You can only hope to contain them. Get ready for four quarters because we don't give up. Again, only [i][b]Texarkana hung 30 [/b][/i]on us the first game of the year in 105 degree heat at Lufkin (they still lost). Our kids are in outstanding shape and have more heart than any team you've faced. If your defense feels like blitzing, by all means, blitz away!!! The slot-T offense just isn't made to handle blitzing. By the way, if you do blitz sweetheart, his name is Brentyn Clark and he's built like a bulldozer (114 yards against Crosby). We have all our weapons, including David Smallwood, back for this Friday's contest. xxxx's and oooo's
[/quote]

Texas High only hung 27 pts on us.... we won 30-27....

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1117598" timestamp="1321279423"]
This game will be very interesting since Vidor have a long week to prepare for this team.  Cool temeratures favor this rugged Vidor team and Montgomery will probably be their toughest test yet.  Vidor have overcame all challenges presented to this with pinpoint blocking schemes, strong running, and a proven leader by an underlassmen QB.  They defend the pass well and they have enough speed to play bend don't break football and will keep your offense off the field.  I don't know what Montgomery have, but they will be in for a heck of a game.  If you're not a football fan, you may not want to be in attendence.  Vidor won't be having big plays, flashy runs and jukes, but will move the football.  The last couple of weeks, Vidor  have not turned the ball over often.  Montgomery was a tough team last year as well.  Let's just hope they don't overlook this 'small, slow' team or they'll be scratching their heads after the game.
[/quote]

+1 Thanks and I do not know if our SLOW kids will be able to hang with them.... :-D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    lufunom123
    Newest Member
    lufunom123