Vidor vs Montgomery....

VP93....

[quote name="coach pops" post="1118272" timestamp="1321320637"]
Wow. Is this guy the real Mark F Barnes.

WoW! Is this guy the real Mark F. Barnes? BTW Who

Is this the REAL ONE AND ONLY Mark F Barnes. BTW whow the f*&%$ is the real Mark F Barnes. Your majesty mark f barnes seems to be a little full of himself. I'm not even from Vidor and he offends me. I coached against an ex NFL player who was also an all american in college that people would know and beat him like he owed me money. Big Deal. Looks like the most you learned in the NFL was to eat. I hope your racial slurs against Vidor don't go unnoticed. ( This is the part about Tyrone not driving around Vidor for your folks info.) Your kind are disgusting and shouldn't be allowed around anyones kid. Or for that matter anyones cows. You could probably eat one in world record time. Vidor will be the underdog in this game, but I've seen them play three times this year and tell your boys to strap it up tight cause win or lose you'll remember Vidor. BTW the racial BS by the Crosby School board was a contributing factor in getting their a55es kicked. Good luck and try not to choke on a chicken bone.

[/quote]I noticed them also....

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="JollyRoger81" post="1118284" timestamp="1321321702"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=91411.msg1118208#msg1118208 date=1321317074]
I hope Vidor don't mind a little Green & White on their side, because this Lions fan believe you can win it and will be there pulling for you. ;D ;D ;D You'll stop their running game, just need to defend their passing game it's what make their running game work.
[/quote]

We would love to have you sit on our side and cheer for our Pirates!  :)
[/quote]Thanks, I'll surely be there. Go Pirates!!!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1117848" timestamp="1321294826"]
Would it be wrong to wear my Cub gear and pull for 17-4A, while sitting on the Vidor side?  I wanna meet some of you Vidor folks....
8)
[/quote]

By all means, please come sit with us. I see Brenham green and I'll come by and introduce myself. You'll find Vidorians gregarious and entertaining....

[quote name="robanadana" post="1118405" timestamp="1321328426"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91411.msg1117848#msg1117848 date=1321294826]
Would it be wrong to wear my Cub gear and pull for 17-4A, while sitting on the Vidor side?  I wanna meet some of you Vidor folks....
8)
[/quote]

By all means, please come sit with us. I see Brenham green and I'll come by and introduce myself. You'll find Vidorians gregarious and entertaining....
[/quote]

Sounds good!

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="1117516" timestamp="1321252504"]
Somewhere in all the smoke blowing and general BS, seems as though some of the thin skinned folk, seem to think someone questioned the "heart" of the Vidor Boys. Not sure where that came from but whatever, I guess you must really think your boys are the only team in the Region with "heart". Well I got news for you, Vidor doesn't hold sole posession of "heart" in this equation. But it takes more than just heart, heart will only take you so far. Been watching to many "Rudy" re-runs there Sparky. We'll see who has what it takes come next Friday. Prove me wrong, please do, and I will be the first to admit it.

And a few pages back someone asked who I am....well partner, I'm the guy that is easiest in the world to find, because i don't hide on a keyboard behind some fake name, use your google skills amigo, I'm easy to find out about. My youngest is a Senior on this team, and I work with most of these boys very closely, on and off the field. I played the game for many years at all levels, and have the knee surgeries to go along with it. I love the game, and the kids that come out to play it. I teach them to play the game hard, safe, and clean. May the best team win, because no matter the excuses, the best team wins on any given night. Turnovers, injuries, brain farts, whatever, it's all inclusive and reflected on the scoreboard when the clock runs out.

Good Luck come Friday......
[/quote]

Crying shame you have to list your so called "credentials" to make yourself sound important; it's about the kids, not you bud. A lot of people on this board work with the kids at their respective schools. I don't hide behind anything and my knees have a few scars themselves; BTW, you can send people emails on this board you know. I'd be more than happy to shake your hand and say "hello" pre-game unless you consider that beneath you. Also, I'll be happy to discuss career standings now if you like....take your steroid fueled ego somewhere else.

http://www.fanbase.com/8-Mark-Barnes

If this is Mark......

Then I do not know who will win the football game, but I would lose any sideline scuffle with Mark... ;D

Seriously, I am looking forward to watching more film before I make any "real" comments.  And by then I am sure we will be way past talking football.  ;)

[quote name="Monkeynuts" post="1118198" timestamp="1321316340"]
« Reply #104 on: Today at 10:53:27 AM »

Quote PNG FAN
Good luck Vidor!!! Don't listen to the Montgomery posters, I lived there for 4 years and talk about people with their heads and noses in the clouds!!! They think there better then anyone and haven't won nothing other than maybe golf

I agree - Oh wait [b]PNG FAN [/b] enjoy the golf course you seem to have plenty of spare time on your hands now.
[/quote]
I always back my 20-4A teams but this didn't hit me right. Oh well. Good luck to all area teams in the playoff next week. I'll be Praying for all the players, coaches and fans safety!!

[quote name="indnfan" post="1118489" timestamp="1321334124"]
[quote author=Monkeynuts link=topic=91411.msg1118198#msg1118198 date=1321316340]
« Reply #104 on: Today at 10:53:27 AM »

Quote PNG FAN
Good luck Vidor!!! Don't listen to the Montgomery posters, I lived there for 4 years and talk about people with their heads and noses in the clouds!!! They think there better then anyone and haven't won nothing other than maybe golf

I agree - Oh wait [b]PNG FAN [/b] enjoy the golf course you seem to have plenty of spare time on your hands now.
[/quote]
I always back my 20-4A teams but this didn't hit me right. Oh well. Good luck to all area teams in the playoff next week. I'll be Praying for all the players, coaches and fans safety!!
[/quote]

This is a quote of a Quote from PNGfan.... that Monkeynuts commented on.... not a Pirate Fan... just to clarify..

The quote kinda hit me wrong also. I lived in Jasper for 10 years but that does not make me an expert on Jasper people right now or to make bad comments about them. Keep the bad karma coming I guess cause we will defend our team/town just like you do yours. I swore the game being played was [b]Vidor[/b] vs Montgomery.

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="1117516" timestamp="1321252504"]

And a few pages back someone asked who I am....well partner, I'm the guy that is easiest in the world to find, because i don't hide on a keyboard behind some fake name, use your google skills amigo, I'm easy to find out about. My youngest is a Senior on this team, and I work with most of these boys very closely, on and off the field. I played the game for many years at all levels, and have the knee surgeries to go along with it. I love the game, and the kids that come out to play it. I teach them to play the game hard, safe, and clean. May the best team win, because no matter the excuses, the best team wins on any given night. Turnovers, injuries, brain farts, whatever, it's all inclusive and reflected on the scoreboard when the clock runs out.

Good Luck come Friday......
[/quote]

Lol you my friend, have some problems... Ohhhh let's come on a forum and brag about what we WERE and see if anybody cares. Yeah you might have had a good past, but does that make a difference now? Don't think so bud. Get off your high horse, because none of that matters anymore.

Easiest person to find on the internet? Lol I can think of 83823948 other people that I could find a lot quicker than you. Some people these days, living through their kids, smh.

Win or lose Friday, I guarantee you will remember Vidor. Go Pirates!!!

OH and btw, I bet you feel like a man pulling out the racial comment. Don't let them muscles go to your brain, might hurt your maturity a little bit.

This game will definately be worth $6 entry. The two teams look really evenly matched. I believe turnovers will determine the winner. x's and o's we both look good on paper; good defense and ball control / control the clock style offenses with Montgomery having a more wide open offense....our MO is to grind it out.  Both have small, quick defenses that are in shape and get to the ball in a hurry. Gonna be a good one.....

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1118693" timestamp="1321369802"]
It did say he was the Strenth and Conditioning coach for the Cowgirls back in the early 90's. Maybe he is hiding out at the White House in Dallas with Micheal Irvin?
[/quote]

I believe it said 1995.  That would be the year they had Deion Sanders.  Wow, I'd sure be proud to admit I contributed to his muscles. LOL

No disappearance, just traveling all day yesterday. And I have no roid rage. Never have.

And as far as racial slurs? Someone will have to explain that one. I've been on the forum for years, never come across that before. Seems to me I may have hit a nerve or two but made no racial slurs. Someone evidently doesn't know who Tyrone is. Tyrone is a poster in here that goes by "Tyrone Biggums". And I can't swear to it but I'll bet he's Caucasian. Not sure where that could be misconstrued as a racial slur. Personally I could care less otherwise.

I come in here to talk football. Not to get into petty pissing matches with people that are taking life way too seriously.  I help or answer questions on here when asked. I didn't answer the question about a player of ours that no longer playing, on purpose, I won't discuss a kids personal business out in an open forum. But those on here that know me, know that if emailed or IM'd, I generally always respond.

And as far as me touting about myself, I rarely talk about myself. I was asked, in a certain tone I felt obliged to answer. I personally could give a rats hind end either way. I have better things to worry about in life. I've got some meetings to be at, but I will be on later if someone cares to discuss it further, otherwise I'm done within, and let's get back to football.

Regardless of whether this "Tyrone Biggums" poster is actually Caucasian, you said that he would not want to drive around Vidor.  What did you mean by that if discrimination was not the intent?

And you rarely talk about yourself?  Every post I've read from you has something about how you are "in the know" at the very least.  Must be terrible to be that important and busy.

[size=70pt][b]GO VIDOR[/b][/size]

Let teams keep underestimating you and go out and show them what you are made of. 

As for this Mark person you sound very arrogant and not someone I would want around my son if I had one.  Very sad in this day and age that people still think Vidor is the same place as it was 40 years ago.  ::)

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1118918" timestamp="1321381018"]
[size=70pt][b]GO VIDOR[/b][/size]

Let teams keep underestimating you and go out and show them what you are made of. 

As for this Mark person you sound very arrogant and not someone I would want around my son if I had one.  Very sad in this day and age that people still think Vidor is the same place as it was 40 years ago.  ::)
[/quote]
It is ridiculous that people can't get past the stereotype and move on. I have already been contacted by someone in Montgomery who heard that Vidor played dirty and was racist! I set them straight on that quickly but told them not to even bother practicing his week it would be a cake walk!  ;) By all means let them underestimate you!

Good Luck Vidor! Go show them what you are made of and bring home the WIN!

I think this will be a great game...and I can assure you that no one in Montgomery is looking past Vidor.  I did not know the adversity that you have been through this year, but it has the makings of a "team of destiny" sort of thing.  Anyway, the great thing about this game is what I like about Texas High School football...two small towns, where football is very important, meeting up for an all or nothing matchup...they make movies about this kind of stuff.

As far as the game itself, after watching some Vidor film with my son, I think that Montgomery will win (of course) 24 - 14.  The style of offense you run will keep our O off the field as much as we are used to...however, our defensive speed will create some negative yardage plays by rushing 8 or 9 and keep you out of the endzone for much of the night...unless you guys learn to throw the ball this week.  The Bears defense is holding opponents to less that 200 ypg...the last 4 teams averaged 64 ypg.

All in all, it should be a pretty close game...much more so than Montgomery/Huntsville or Vidor/Crosby.  I think how well the Vidor defense does against our 430 yard and 42 point per ganme offense will be the decising factor.  I cannot wait!

[quote name="MOBearsFan" post="1119142" timestamp="1321392377"]
I think this will be a great game...and I can assure you that no one in Montgomery is looking past Vidor.  I did not know the adversity that you have been through this year, but it has the makings of a "team of destiny" sort of thing.  Anyway, the great thing about this game is what I like about Texas High School football...two small towns, where football is very important, meeting up for an all or nothing matchup...they make movies about this kind of stuff.

As far as the game itself, after watching some Vidor film with my son, I think that Montgomery will win (of course) 24 - 14.  The style of offense you run will keep our O off the field as much as we are used to...however, our defensive speed will create some negative yardage plays by rushing 8 or 9 and keep you out of the endzone for much of the night...unless you guys learn to throw the ball this week.  The Bears defense is holding opponents to less that 200 ypg...the last 4 teams averaged 64 ypg.

All in all, it should be a pretty close game...much more so than Montgomery/Huntsville or Vidor/Crosby.  I think how well the Vidor defense does against our 430 yard and 42 point per ganme offense will be the decising factor.  I canot wait!
[/quote]
Just ask Ozen and Livingston what blitzing will do to this type of offense. Our type of offense is misdirection offense which mean 9 times out of 10 you will probably not know who will get the ball until they have it which means you better have everyone covered. All it takes is one of your guys blitzing to guess wrong on who has the ball and it can turn into a big play. All four of our runners have really good speed and if you guess wrong then its either 6 points or a big run. And we know how to pass the ball. We've proved that in most our games this year.

[quote name="vp32" post="1119177" timestamp="1321394223"]
[quote author=MOBearsFan link=topic=91411.msg1119142#msg1119142 date=1321392377]

All in all, it should be a pretty close game...much more so than Montgomery/Huntsville or Vidor/Crosby.  I think how well the Vidor defense does against our 430 yard and 42 point per ganme offense will be the decising factor.  I canot wait!
[/quote]
Just ask Ozen and Livingston what blitzing will do to this type of offense. Our type of offense is misdirection offense which mean 9 times out of 10 you will probably not know who will get the ball until they have it which means you better have everyone covered. All it takes is one of your guys blitzing to guess wrong on who has the ball and it can turn into a big play. All four of our runners have really good speed and if you guess wrong then its either 6 points or a big run. And we know how to pass the ball. We've proved that in most our games this year.
[/quote]

It will absolutely shut it down!  We blitz about 85% of the time, and playing yalls type of offense didnt affect us at all.  Montgomery disguises their blitz packages very well.  I'm not saying y'all won't score, but I doubt it will be a lot.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder