Who Will Be The Next Barbers Hill HC?

KFDM COOP

Guest SKEETER09
[quote name="sugar coated" post="712501" timestamp="1258677955"]
next HC wont matter for bh. Current freshman through juniors are ready for next year. sophmores and juniors are sick of losing. bah will be stacked on both sides of the ball no matter who the qb is. Experience will help greatly and they will outwork and outplay all the other teams in the district, and they will be successful for a while so get used to bah being on top again. plain and simple, not sugar coated.
[/quote]

Yep, kind of like when Barry Switzer became coach of the Cowboys. He was lucky to inherit what Jimmy Johnson built.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="gcmbigdaddy" post="712314" timestamp="1258661313"]
[quote author=BHBrave08 link=topic=62612.msg712278#msg712278 date=1258658418]
[quote author=gcmbigdaddy link=topic=62612.msg712094#msg712094 date=1258648260]
if stewart came to the hill they would be the powerhouse in the district. great coaching makes the difference. you don't hear anyone in daytown complaining and they don't have any d1 players this year. they probably will not go as deep this year but they will always be in the hunt because of stewart and his coaches. that is not an accident.
[/quote]

I was at the dayton game this year and over half of their starting skill players are on par or better athlete-wise than our best 3 athletes...
[/quote]

i went to nine bh games this year and none of their losses were because they were out-matched physically. they were out-coached.
[/quote]
Did you watch the games in rose colored glasses?

Got to love the believing attitude of the Barbers Hill parents and adults.
They really want the kids to succeed in everything, and in most part they do.
But in the one sport that matters the most, there are just too many other schools nearby that have better and faster athletes for football.
Barbers Hill will be a competive football team for the next half decade, but asking a coach to even deliver a Region III championship, much less a state championship, in that time frame is very wishful thinking.

See definition of delusion of grandeur.

It fits many Barbers Hill adults including the ones that ran out the current successful coach.

Russell Roberts?  Andy Evans?  These guys couldn't hold Don Price's jock.

BH fans, heed this warning.  You are playing in 4A.  You are outmatched week in and week out.  Your school isn't getting any smaller, and your athletes will fall farther and farther behind due to obvious reasons.  Whoever you hire will lead you to consistent 4-6 or 5-5 records for many years to come. 

Don Price is a class act.  An offensive innovator.  A dedicated coach and AD.  You guys on the hill messed up, messed up bad.

[quote name="BH96" post="712042" timestamp="1258644754"]
I can tell you what the inner circle is looking for. I have heard it before. And it has nothing to do about football.
I look for Penee Hall to come back as the AD\HC of the girls Basket Ball and for BH to just hire a head football coach who ever it is. The main reason she left in the first place is because she didn't get the AD job when Price got it. Certain people have daughters coming up that are good and successful basket ball players thru the junior high and little dribblers leagues. One group even won nationals. and they want their kids to have the best opportunity and coach to take them back and win state and she has deep roots here even with certain members on the school board.
Just my opinion.
[/quote]

I don't think there will be any change in the girls head basketball coach.  She and Price never got along.  Boy she sure could play basketball. 

[quote name="sugar coated" post="712528" timestamp="1258679999"]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=62612.msg712518#msg712518 date=1258679118]
[quote author=sugar coated link=topic=62612.msg712501#msg712501 date=1258677955]
next HC wont matter for bh. Current freshman through juniors are ready for next year. sophmores and juniors are sick of losing. bh will be stacked on both sides of the ball no matter who the qb is. Experience will help greatly and they will outwork and outplay all the other teams in the district, and they will be successful for a while so get used to bh being on top again. plain and simple, not sugar coated.
[/quote]The MIGHT be better than this year but they will not be on top---3rd place is where I see BH-----behind Dayton and Crosby
[/quote]
nope....now that the sophmores have their first season over with and the juniors have experince you will see a MUCH better team next year. the newbie jitters are out and its time for em to shine. dont be fooled by this season
[/quote]They won't be on top.

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="712497" timestamp="1258677772"]
GCMbigdaddy it's looking more and more that you are really from BH and might be one of the haters! ;D
[/quote]

This is slightly outdated, however a start for who is out there and what it might take to get them.  Notice Stewart (Dayton) is paid well.  There are some very good teams who have low paid coaches, as compared to their results.  

[url=http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/statesman/pdf/coaching_salaries.pdf]http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/statesman/pdf/coaching_salaries.pdf[/url]

[quote name="Rebel4Christ" post="712796" timestamp="1258695045"]
Russell Roberts?  Andy Evans?  These guys couldn't hold Don Price's jock.

BH fans, heed this warning.  You are playing in 4A.  You are outmatched week in and week out.  Your school isn't getting any smaller, and your athletes will fall farther and farther behind due to obvious reasons.  Whoever you hire will lead you to consistent 4-6 or 5-5 records for many years to come.  

Don Price is a class act.  An offensive innovator.  A dedicated coach and AD.  You guys on the hill messed up, messed up bad.
[/quote]

You have a Dallas Cowboys avitar and you end your praise for Price by discussing his jock.......... ::)  I am pretty sure we all forgot what your point is....... ;D ;D  

[quote name="fido" post="712870" timestamp="1258725190"]
I think BHFAN or GCMlittle daddy should apply for the job since they are such authorities on the subject of football. That hire would guarantee the Hill success I'm sure. ;)
[/quote]

this is a site of opinion! if you don't like mine that is fine. i have attacked no one here or made fun of anyone so i would like for you to do the same.
don't be a jerk while hiding behind your anonymity. name calling and rude comments do not add anything to the discussion. it just proves you have nothing intellegent to the discussion.

[/quote]Well the thing is... There is no possible way thats gonna happen because Price was the only head coach they have ever hired from inside... It isn't happening...[/quote]

Not true....Pudgy Richardson was hired from inside. He was Sharp's DC, and eventually won a state championship for The Hill. Pudgy's  replacement, Joe Evans, was hired from inside as well.

Know your facts before spouting rhetoric............

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="EAGLE07" post="712913" timestamp="1258727558"]
Why do most on this thread think this is only about wins and losses  ??? ??? ::) ::)
[/quote]

I would say that from where we are sitting, all we see are the Wins and Loses. We do not have or have not had a child go through the BH athletic program. Therefore, based on Coach Price's Wins and Loses, he appears to have done an excellent job during his tenure.

We'll everyone knew this was coming, but not for the right reasons. IMO the Hill lost the best coach for the job. Not only was he 90+ wins and only 20 something losses, made playoffs 9 of 12 years, but he did a lot for the athletic program and for the kids..........But don't feel to sorry for him. He knew what he was getting into when he signed the contract.... and I am sure BH had to pay him at least 150,000 to go away, still had this year and next year to buy out.....he will be fine....all the regional coaches know him if not more.....
But the tittle says "who will be the next BH coach?"  A few names come to mind but won't say till their season is over. 
Just for the Barbers Hill fans...........Who would you WANT??? 

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="hitman009" post="712925" timestamp="1258728826"]
We'll everyone knew this was coming, but not for the right reasons. IMO the Hill lost the best coach for the job. Not only was he 90+ wins and only 20 something losses, made playoffs 9 of 12 years, but he did a lot for the athletic program and for the kids..........But don't feel to sorry for him. He knew what he was getting into when he signed the contract.... [b]and I am sure BH had to pay him at least 150,000 to go away[/b], still had this year and next year to buy out.....he will be fine....all the regional coaches know him if not more.....
But the tittle says "who will be the next BH coach?"  A few names come to mind but won't say till their season is over. 
Just for the Barbers Hill fans...........Who would you WANT??? 
[/quote]

Unfortunately, I'm not too sure that's how it works for high school coaches. I may be wrong since he was also the Athletics Director. More than likely, his contract was simply terminated.

contracts are contracts. and no they can not just terminate based on performance.  maybe if he did something wrong that was against the law.  I have known many of coaches who re fussed to leave and played out their contract. then did not get their contract renewed....I knew of a principal who had a buy out of his contract at Hardin-Jefferson as well.  Don't know if it was that much but it had to be somewhere in that ball park!!

Guest GCMPats
I stand corrected. Because of his position as AD, his contract was more than likely "bought out" of the remaining years. Or, if he resigned, then he more than likely negotiated some equitable compensation for "stepping down". I know that Teacher/Coaches have a "dual" contract, that is if they stop coaching for whatever reason, then their contrat as a teacher is also terminated.

[quote name="fido" post="712870" timestamp="1258725190"]
I think BHFAN or GCMlittle daddy should apply for the job since they are such authorities on the subject of football. That hire would guarantee the Hill success I'm sure. ;)
[/quote]

Daddy and I would take state the first year! It really wouldn't be fair to all of the other 4A clubs though :-*

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BHFAN" post="713010" timestamp="1258735119"]
[quote author=fido link=topic=62612.msg712870#msg712870 date=1258725190]
[/quote]

Daddy and I would take state the first year! It really wouldn't be fair to all of the other 4A clubs though :-*

[/quote]

I think all BigDaddy would be good for is selecting the music for the highlight videos. He has a firm grasp on the recording industry. Ask him to show you his Christmas Party Song List some day.;D

Guest ECBucFan
BH fans, heed this warning.  You are playing in 4A.  [b]You are outmatched week in and week out.  Your school isn't getting any smaller, and your athletes will fall farther and farther behind [/b] due to obvious reasons.  [/quote]

Uhm, correct, BH is not getting smaller, so, it would stand to reason more players would come available, so, BH should have a better, deeper team, right? They won't "fall further behind..."   

Russell Roberts?  Andy Evans?  These guys couldn't hold Don Price's jock.

BH fans, heed this warning.  You are playing in 4A.  You are outmatched week in and week out.  [b]Your school isn't getting any smaller, and your [/b][b] athletes will fall farther and farther behind due to obvious reasons.[/b]  Whoever you hire will lead you to consistent 4-6 or 5-5 records for many years to come. 

Don Price is a class act.  An offensive innovator.  A dedicated coach and AD.  You guys on the hill messed up, messed up bad.
[/quote]

Makes absolutely no sense.  ??? ???

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="ECBucFan" post="713058" timestamp="1258738708"]
[quote author=Rebel4Christ link=topic=62612.msg712796#msg712796 date=1258695045]
BH fans, heed this warning.  You are playing in 4A.  [b]You are outmatched week in and week out.  Your school isn't getting any smaller, and your athletes will fall farther and farther behind [/b] due to obvious reasons.  [/quote]

Uhm, correct, BH is not getting smaller, so, it would stand to reason more players would come available, so, BH should have a better, deeper team, right? They won't "fall further behind..."   
[/quote]

I think their numbers in the district are growing. May be several years before that growth hits the high school. Until that time, they will struggle with depth issues.

I remember a few years ago one of our board members wanted to get Coach Price out of there and bring Pinee Hall in as the AD.  Do you think that is what he is trying to do again?  I think if that would happen it would be horrible.  People say she is a good coach.  She may of had good talent at BH but she is not a good coach.  Is she still winning state championships?  Again this is just stuff I have heard in the bleachers.

If they hire a girls BB coach to be the AD that will be the absolute dumbest thing possible for BH. Although it would not be frowned upon by the other teams in the district...It will ensure them a WIN on their schedule!!

I have recently be discussing with my wife a move to BH with our 4 kids. The move would allow us to be closer to my family.The district has great academics and all sports programs are great as stated before. However, I would not even consider moving into the district with a girls BB coach as the AD. Heck, I would have to quit my job and go back to coaching just to put my name in the hat...lol

"The only reason you hire a girls BB coach as the AD would be to submarine the football program...Like it or not, Football is King around here!!!!" -Coach Meaux

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder