Who Will Be The Next Barbers Hill HC?

KFDM COOP

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="badndn" post="712139" timestamp="1258651408"]
So if you are looking for a fresh start, why would a guy on the current staff (that you guys feel ain't gettin it done) be on your list?
[/quote]

I'm on the outside looking in.

Riley is in his first year at BH. Not yet part of the "establishment". Just a real good coach IMO.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="gcmbigdaddy" post="712160" timestamp="1258652445"]
censored Olin is his name!!!!
[/quote]

So you cannot type Coach Olin's first name on this board?

Now THAT"s funny!

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="gcmbigdaddy" post="712194" timestamp="1258654241"]
i tried to report it to the moderator that it is his name and i can't report my own post. now i really feel like a [b][u]censored![/u][/b]
[/quote]

I tried to contact Congressman censored Gephart about this issue, but he was unavilable for comment.

(Well I'll be darned! That's crazy man.)

[quote name="BH96" post="712042" timestamp="1258644754"]
I can tell you what the inner circle is looking for. I have heard it before. And it has nothing to do about football.
I look for Penee Hall to come back as the AD\HC of the girls Basket Ball and for BH to just hire a head football coach who ever it is. The main reason she left in the first place is because she didn't get the AD job when Price got it. Certain people have daughters coming up that are good and successful basket ball players thru the junior high and little dribblers leagues. One group even won nationals. and they want their kids to have the best opportunity and coach to take them back and win state and she has deep roots here even with certain members on the school board.
Just my opinion.
[/quote]

Nice thought but that is not why she left. Actually Price did a cover up on that deal to save the HILL some major embarrassment.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="712130" timestamp="1258650667"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=62612.msg712116#msg712116 date=1258649623]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=62612.msg712108#msg712108 date=1258649094]
OK. [b]Lot's of discussion from the Hill folks.[/b] Now back to the topic.
Let's have a short list of the coaches that could/would be the next Barber's Hill Head Coach.

[/quote]

REALLY  ??? ???
[/quote]

OK. Lot's of discussion from people with interst in the events that have occurred, or will occur, in relation to the hiring of a new head football coach in Mt Belvieu.

I am just wondering who would the Eagle faithful would like to get on board.

I will throw out a name: Clint Riley, former coordinator at REL and current member of the BH coaching staff. Man knows his stuff and should have been the head coach at Lee when Olin left.
[/quote]

Please.....NO MORE Goose Creek retreads.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="MHS32" post="712205" timestamp="1258654821"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=62612.msg712130#msg712130 date=1258650667]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=62612.msg712116#msg712116 date=1258649623]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=62612.msg712108#msg712108 date=1258649094]
OK. [b]Lot's of discussion from the Hill folks.[/b] Now back to the topic.
Let's have a short list of the coaches that could/would be the next Barber's Hill Head Coach.

[/quote]

REALLY  ??? ???
[/quote]

OK. Lot's of discussion from people with interst in the events that have occurred, or will occur, in relation to the hiring of a new head football coach in Mt Belvieu.

I am just wondering who would the Eagle faithful would like to get on board.

I will throw out a name: Clint Riley, former coordinator at REL and current member of the BH coaching staff. Man knows his stuff and should have been the head coach at Lee when Olin left.
[/quote]

Please.....NO MORE Goose Creek retreads.
[/quote]

Where there others?

Well it looks like the school board ran another good one off again.  I am not saying that everyone on the school board is a crook.  There are THREE, and they know who they are.  The ring leader of this group has been responsible for running good administrators, teachers, coaches, and now a good AD off.  All this one school board member is worried about is his kids and the sports they are in.  I am also very disappointed with the superintendent.  Why can't Barbers Hill get a superintendent who thinks for himself and not let the board make his decisions for him?  It is no secret on who the one board member wants to bring in.  He has tried to do it before.  All I can say The Hill has got some rough days ahead of it.  Shame on the superintendent and the three on the school board!

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="712231" timestamp="1258655811"]
Does anyone know if the school board will conduct the searching for a new coach, or will they appoint a "search committee" to go and collect the resumes.
I hope the Eagles land a quality coach that continues the tradition of sportsmanship and 110% effort.
[/quote]

Dr Poole was quoted in the Baytown Sun as saying that:

"The first step in hiring a new Athletics Director will be to establish a committee composed of stakeholders to help create a profile for the hiring of this position."

(No mention of a Head Football Coach.)

[quote name="GCMPats" post="712258" timestamp="1258657380"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=62612.msg712231#msg712231 date=1258655811]
Does anyone know if the school board will conduct the searching for a new coach, or will they appoint a "search committee" to go and collect the resumes.
I hope the Eagles land a quality coach that continues the tradition of sportsmanship and 110% effort.
[/quote]

Dr Poole was quoted in the Baytown Sun as saying that:

"The first step in hiring a new Athletics Director will be to establish a committee composed of stakeholders to help create a profile for the hiring of this position."

(No mention of a Head Football Coach.)
[/quote]

There is your answer.

[quote name="gcmbigdaddy" post="712094" timestamp="1258648260"]
if stewart came to the hill they would be the powerhouse in the district. great coaching makes the difference. you don't hear anyone in daytown complaining and they don't have any d1 players this year. they probably will not go as deep this year but they will always be in the hunt because of stewart and his coaches. that is not an accident.
[/quote]

I was at the dayton game this year and over half of their starting skill players are on par or better athlete-wise than our best 3 athletes...

[quote name="GCMPats" post="712151" timestamp="1258651893"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=62612.msg712139#msg712139 date=1258651408]
So if you are looking for a fresh start, why would a guy on the current staff (that you guys feel ain't gettin it done) be on your list?
[/quote]

I'm on the outside looking in.

Riley is in his first year at BH. Not yet part of the "establishment". Just a real good coach IMO.

[/quote]

Well the thing is... There is no possible way thats gonna happen because Price was the only head coach they have ever hired from inside... It isn't happening...

I don't like the idea of an AD not being the HC.  I may be wrong, but I thought most schools our size the AD/HC were one in the same.  And I can't think of any place that has a winning football program that splits it up.  The combo deal gets the salary package up there for a top of the line coach. 

[quote name="gman71" post="712296" timestamp="1258660044"]
I don't like the idea of an AD not being the HC.  I may be wrong, but I thought most schools our size the AD/HC were one in the same.  And I can't think of any place that has a winning football program that splits it up.  The combo deal gets the salary package up there for a top of the line coach. 
[/quote]

Well big 4A's and almost all 5A's are that way. Being that we are neither i don't have any idea why they continue to think thats a good idea.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder