Who Will Be The Next Barbers Hill HC?

KFDM COOP

[quote name="gman71" post="711562" timestamp="1258572236"]
What about Cornel Thompson, or Toby Foreman.  I like the W.O.S. connection. 

Good job Coach Price.

[/quote]
As nice as it would be I have trouble seeing a coach from WO-S coming over here, at least not before Hooks retires.

Anyone know of any coaches looking for a HC job?

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Football Addict" post="711574" timestamp="1258573088"]
[quote author=gman71 link=topic=62612.msg711562#msg711562 date=1258572236]

Good job Coach Price.

[/quote]
As nice as it would be I have trouble seeing a coach from WO-S coming over here, at least not before Hooks retires.

[/quote]

Most assistant coaches/coordinators are ALWAYS looking for a HC job. Lucatero at RSS must have applied for every HC job in Texas last year.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="711571" timestamp="1258572887"]
Clint Riley should have been the Head Coach at Lee. He would be an excellent candidate for the Hill job.

I assume that they will be "cleaning house" and that some of the older guys (Coach Byrd, etc..) will be on their way out also. Not always fair, just the way things go in that business.
[/quote]
I hope they don't get rid of Byrd, I enjoyed playing under him. I hope the new coach will get rid of our offense.

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="711568" timestamp="1258572712"]
Price's departure had nothing to do with W's and L's, it was pure politics. When you have an inner circle on a board who have children who play a sport that they feel is not what it once was then it's the football programs' fault and the AD who runs the department. Plain and simple this is what it is about. This has been brewing for years and the inner circle's attempt backfired on them the first time. They took the longer, slower approach this time trying to shield themselves from the ire of the community, but we all know how and why this happened. The reason it had to be now instead of at the end of the existing contract, however long that would be is because of the larger classes coming through the system would have made us more competitive and thus harder for the powers that be to make a change.

That's it in a nutshell! Don't let anyone tell you any different.
[/quote]

Not sure I follow, but Price was let go because the football program at BH has peeked and change was needed. Being a coach is not your typical 9-5 job you are judged upon W's and L's as well as the other aspects of the job. When you have a job that is paid for by tax dollars then you are at the mercy of those who pay the taxes. Politics is a major part of this, but you just can't have a coach at a school for 40 years because he shows up on time! Now that being said Price did much more that just show up on time he pulled this program out of the gutter in 99' to go three rounds in the 3A playoffs barly losing to a Robinson team that I beleive went to state that year! Although I have been a major complainer when it comes to football over the years I wish Coach Price well and hope he lands a job that fits him and wish his family well. I have always thought Price was a good AD his management skills are fantastic, but at some point along the way the connection was lost with the kids. Again Thank You coach Price and may you and your family find success wherever you may go.

Now the next concern will BH learn from PNG's success and go out State wide and pay top dollar for a proven AD? Or will the good ole boy hunt begin for a cousin/friend to take over the program? I hope we do this right and find someone to take this talent that is comming up and do something with it!!

It's not that hard to follow really, you have been around this program long enough to know that the  issues that I raised are true. I know most coaches would welcome any challenge to have a chance to coach at BH with all it has to offer and the potential that is there.

Make no mistake, once inside he will have to deal with the issues I mentioned earlier and the possibility of working under an AD ( he or she ) that coaches a different sport.

Nice words BHFan, but not all accurate.  BH did lose to Robinson in 1999 but it was not barely, i think the final was 24-7.  Robinson did not go to state that year, they got beat the next week by Sealy.  

As for PNG, they did not hire a proven AD, they hired a proven OC.  I bet Poole will hire one of his ex coaching buddies.  For all you BH people that hoped this day would come, you finally got it.  

Good luck Coach Price, you deserve the best for what you have accomplished at BH.  

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="711591" timestamp="1258574293"]
It's not that hard to follow really, you have been around this program long enough to know that the  issues that I raised are true. I know most coaches would welcome any challenge to have a chance to coach at BH with all it has to offer and the potential that is there.

Make no mistake, once inside he will have to deal with the issues I mentioned earlier and the possibility of working under an AD ( he or she ) that coaches a different sport.
[/quote]

I would "bet the farm" that the next football coach at BH will also be the AD. You are going to have a hard time selling the job any other way.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="711593" timestamp="1258574470"]
[quote author=UgotTRUCKED link=topic=62612.msg711591#msg711591 date=1258574293]

[/quote]

I would "bet the farm" that the next football coach at BH will also be the AD. You are going to have a hard time selling the job any other way.
[/quote]

I agree but the same culprits tried it before and they will try again. Or they will get someone more sympathetic to their point of view.

[quote name="Stranger" post="711592" timestamp="1258574453"]
Nice words BHFan, but not all accurate.  BH did lose to Robinson in 1999 but it was not barely, i think the final was 24-7.  Robinson did not go to state that year, they got beat the next week by Sealy.  

As for PNG, they did not hire a proven AD, they hired a proven OC.  I bet Poole will hire one of his ex coaching buddies.  For all you BH people that hoped this day would come, you finally got it.  

Good luck Coach Price, you deserve the best for what you have accomplished at BH.  
[/quote]

99' has been a while I thought the score was 21-7, but like the PNG game this week it was closer than that. I looked it up though and it was 24-7 and they didn't get beat the next week they beat Marlin13-7 then lost to Sealy 27-14 in the Semi's ;D

Anywho that was 10 years ago. I hope the best for BH in the years to follow

[quote name="Football Addict" post="711574" timestamp="1258573088"]
[quote author=gman71 link=topic=62612.msg711562#msg711562 date=1258572236]

Good job Coach Price.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Russell Roberts is available.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="711585" timestamp="1258573716"]
[quote author=UgotTRUCKED link=topic=62612.msg711568#msg711568 date=1258572712]
Price's departure had nothing to do with W's and L's, it was pure politics. When you have an inner circle on a board who have children who play a sport that they feel is not what it once was then it's the football programs' fault and the AD who runs the department. Plain and simple this is what it is about. This has been brewing for years and the inner circle's attempt backfired on them the first time. They took the longer, slower approach this time trying to shield themselves from the ire of the community, but we all know how and why this happened. The reason it had to be now instead of at the end of the existing contract, however long that would be is because of the larger classes coming through the system would have made us more competitive and thus harder for the powers that be to make a change.

[/quote]

Not sure I follow, but Price was let go because the football program at BH has peeked and change was needed. Being a coach is not your typical 9-5 job you are judged upon W's and L's as well as the other aspects of the job. When you have a job that is paid for by tax dollars then you are at the mercy of those who pay the taxes. Politics is a major part of this, but you just can't have a coach at a school for 40 years because he shows up on time! Now that being said Price did much more that just show up on time he pulled this program out of the gutter in 99' to go three rounds in the 3A playoffs barly losing to a Robinson team that I beleive went to state that year! Although I have been a major complainer when it comes to football over the years I wish Coach Price well and hope he lands a job that fits him and wish his family well. I have always thought Price was a good AD his management skills are fantastic, but at some point along the way the connection was lost with the kids. Again Thank You coach Price and may you and your family find success wherever you may go.

Now the next concern will BH learn from PNG's success and go out State wide and pay top dollar for a proven AD? Or will the good ole boy hunt begin for a cousin/friend to take over the program? I hope we do this right and find someone to take this talent that is comming up and do something with it!!
[/quote]

Only time will tell, but with the politics we have on the Hill and from what I have seen in the past it could very well be someones brother in law. I LOVE living in BH but sometimes our family tree just don't have enough branches.

[size=14pt][color=blue]"Seems every parent in BH thinks there kid is an all-american..I could not believe in the play-off game vs PNG with the score 7-7 they were still own his arss from the BH side....With the talent he has had i think he has done a excellant job of coaching..."[/color][/size]

Bigdaddyblue that is one big problem:

But trust me it is not about football and as soon as the new guy gets here he will get slapped in the face with a dose of reality.

Guest GCMPats
I'm being told that Coach Price was notified two weeks ago that his services would no longer be required upon completion of the football season. I guess the powers that be were not impressed with the job he did this year with a injury riddled varsity team.  

[quote name="HillGuy" post="711516" timestamp="1258567741"]
[quote author=fido link=topic=62612.msg711510#msg711510 date=1258567296]
I had not heard this. I hate to see this happen. I am realistic about BH. I see what we have to work with and I believe Price gets alot out of the talent we've had through the years. The program is respected by people all around the region because of what he stands for and allows and does not allow in his program. I know we judge people by wins and losses, that is the nature of the beast. The other things do matter as much in the long run. With all of that, I hope the best for Coach and the Eagles. I know he deserves better also.
[/quote]

I agree, and on serious note, I want thank Don Price for his service and dedication.  Say what you want about football, an AD oversees MUCH more than that...and he was darn successful with the athletic program at BH.  When you come to BH for a sporting event, whether its a track meet, tournament, etc..it runs like CLOCKWORK.  This is not by accident, but by hard work and leadership, and pride in the service. 
[/quote]

I agree with Hillboy and Fido!  I think Price did a great job of bringing back the winning tradition to the Hill. Was he perfect? No! But who is? He did instill some great values in the kids and taught them about more than just football. I believe Price and his coaching staff are some of the hardest working coaches around. They have nothing to be ashamed about. Thanks coach for all your hard work and dedication to the program!!!!!  There are those of us who will miss you dearly.

Now, it's up to our school board to hire the best coach out there, if they'll even coach here. If they go out and hire another Hope or Macgallion ( or however you spell his name) I'm going to lose my mind. My hope is we find a great coach that comes in here and kicks butt!!!  We'll see.

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="711568" timestamp="1258572712"]

[/quote]

Trucked, you and Bigdaddy know whats going on don't you? You are 100% on target. I don't think most fans have a clue. Great post!! A dagger, to the heart of the matter.

Been around Price for years in all sports, he did a great job organizing events at ya'lls facilities. Hate to hear it, believe me PNG has it's own major political issues. Very glad we stopped the brother-in -law thing, but if we were 0-11 instead of 11-0 would have heard major whining. With that being said go outside, spend the $$$ bring in young blood. Good luck Coach Price your a good man and good luck to BH in the future!

[quote name="bh34" post="711693" timestamp="1258585586"]
[quote author=UgotTRUCKED link=topic=62612.msg711568#msg711568 date=1258572712]

[/quote]

Trucked, you and Bigdaddy know whats going on don't you? You are 100% on target. I don't think most fans have a clue. Great post!! A dagger, to the heart of the matter.
[/quote]

You know as well as I that there are a lot of people that know exactly what and why it happened.
Let the bodies hit the floor! ;D

I agree and have always said, Price did what appears to be a great job securing money for facilities.  Wish him luck and he should not have trouble finding a job.  I figure he would retire with his wife somewhere in the hill country.  She can practice law anywhere.

As for a new coach, I agree and hope we go outside and do our due dilligence to find the best candidate for the job.  That's coming from someone who is about as BH as it comes, from a relative and historical family tree standpoint.  I want to be able and sit in the stands, win or lose know the coach is doing the best he can to lead the boys on and off the field.  The respect and sportsmanship everyone credits Price for is something kids who live in BH learn long before they reach high school.  That has always been the case, at least since we beat a team by 90 or more points long ago.

Like it or not, this is the right decision for BH due to many reasons.  This decision had very little to do with X's and O's or wins and losses.  There are politics everywhere, especially in a high profile job.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012