Who Will Be The Next Barbers Hill HC?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had not heard this. I hate to see this happen. I am realistic about BH. I see what we have to work with and I believe Price gets alot out of the talent we've had through the years. The program is respected by people all around the region because of what he stands for and allows and does not allow in his program. I know we judge people by wins and losses, that is the nature of the beast. The other things do matter as much in the long run. With all of that, I hope the best for Coach and the Eagles. I know he deserves better also.

[quote name="fido" post="711510" timestamp="1258567296"]
I had not heard this. I hate to see this happen. I am realistic about BH. I see what we have to work with and I believe Price gets alot out of the talent we've had through the years. The program is respected by people all around the region because of what he stands for and allows and does not allow in his program. I know we judge people by wins and losses, that is the nature of the beast. The other things do matter as much in the long run. With all of that, I hope the best for Coach and the Eagles. I know he deserves better also.
[/quote]

I agree, and on serious note, I want thank Don Price for his service and dedication.  Say what you want about football, an AD oversees MUCH more than that...and he was darn successful with the athletic program at BH.  When you come to BH for a sporting event, whether its a track meet, tournament, etc..it runs like CLOCKWORK.  This is not by accident, but by hard work and leadership, and pride in the service. 

[quote name="kensington" post="711508" timestamp="1258566752"]
I dont know [b]why he did it [/b] though, next 2-3 years should be better than the previous. Makes the next HC job a bit easier. I think they should go outside the area to bring in a fresh perspective.
[/quote]

Not exactly how it went down.

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="711518" timestamp="1258567949"]
[quote author=kensington link=topic=62612.msg711508#msg711508 date=1258566752]
I dont know [b]why he did it [/b] though, next 2-3 years should be better than the previous. Makes the next HC job a bit easier. I think they should go outside the area to bring in a fresh perspective.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I got a name anybody seen Coach Starnes?????????

[quote name="mustang32" post="711534" timestamp="1258569646"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=62612.msg711518#msg711518 date=1258567949]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He is at Kingwood.

Whoever he is, I hope he really has some thick skin.
I thought Price did a good job with what he had.
Winning in 4A is a lot different than succeeding in 3A.

I always thought the kids at Barbers Hill (from 7th to 12th) gave 110% effort and displayed excellent sportsmanship.

Good Luck to Barbers Hill on their search, I would bet there is a lot of politics to be had in this decision.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="711537" timestamp="1258569757"]
Whoever he is, I hope he really has some thick skin.
I thought Price did a good job with what he had.
Winning in 4A is a lot different than succeeding in 3A.

I always thought the kids at Barbers Hill (from 7th to 12th) gave 110% effort and displayed excellent sportsmanship.

Good Luck to Barbers Hill on their search, [b]I would bet there is a lot of politics to be had in this decision.[/b]
[/quote]

Ya think.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="711543" timestamp="1258569979"]
[quote author=KFDM COOP link=topic=62612.msg711505#msg711505 date=1258566539]
Yes
[/quote]

Link please.
[/quote]

Don't think there is a link yet. Dept heads at BH received news via e-mail this morning.
Baytown Sun should have something tomorrow.

[quote name="mustang32" post="711534" timestamp="1258569646"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Coach Starnes is good coach but, I doubt he wants back into the whole AD/HC thing. BH would be a nice job though. By the way his skin is plenty thick enough. Hard nose footbal guy, old school, would be great for BH.

[quote name="bronco1" post="711548" timestamp="1258570577"]
[quote author=mustang32 link=topic=62612.msg711534#msg711534 date=1258569646]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Coach Starnes is good coach but, I doubt he wants back into the whole AD/HC thing. BH would be a nice job though. By the way his skin is plenty thick enough. Hard nose footbal guy, old school, would be great for BH.
[/quote]

Plus he had some health concerns over the past five years. Huffman had a chance at him and turned him down. Go figure?  ???

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="EAGLE07" post="711547" timestamp="1258570496"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=62612.msg711543#msg711543 date=1258569979]
[quote author=KFDM COOP link=topic=62612.msg711505#msg711505 date=1258566539]
Yes
[/quote]

Link please.
[/quote]

Don't think there is a link yet. Dept heads at BH received news via e-mail this morning.
Baytown Sun should have something tomorrow.
[/quote]
Just spoke with my BH source and she verified that it was indeed true. Coach Price did a fine job this year with what he had available to work with. You cannot overcome the number of injuries that team had this year and be as successful as expected.

Best of Luck Coach.

Price's departure had nothing to do with W's and L's, it was pure politics. When you have an inner circle on a board who have children who play a sport that they feel is not what it once was then it's the football programs' fault and the AD who runs the department. Plain and simple this is what it is about. This has been brewing for years and the inner circle's attempt backfired on them the first time. They took the longer, slower approach this time trying to shield themselves from the ire of the community, but we all know how and why this happened. The reason it had to be now instead of at the end of the existing contract, however long that would be is because of the larger classes coming through the system would have made us more competitive and thus harder for the powers that be to make a change.

That's it in a nutshell! Don't let anyone tell you any different.

Guest GCMPats
Clint Riley should have been the Head Coach at Lee. He would be an excellent candidate for the Hill job.

I assume that they will be "cleaning house" and that some of the older guys (Coach Byrd, etc..) will be on their way out also. Not always fair, just the way things go in that business.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mmj0
    Newest Member
    mmj0