Who Will Be The Next Barbers Hill HC?

KFDM COOP

[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="711970" timestamp="1258641237"]
Just like we said earlier BHFAN its the parents..At the Hill all the parents send there kids to special camps...Sending your kids to camps is not going to make him a D-1 kid..Camps are nothing but a money making scheme for the assistant coaches in college...Price was in hot water before the season even started due to parents from the 9th grade bitching about there kids should be playing on varsity..What a way to start your year off before the first snap...
[/quote]

Your going to have Parents like that every where, BH is no different than any other school! I don't know why people think that BH is some out of the ordinary place on earth where no talent lives and parents bitch ;D I also can't believe that everyone is so satisfied with the way BH football is and is willing to just stay as is instead of make changes to see if we can be better! Now we my be worse going forward, but if we just sit around and excepting status quo we will never know! BH can bring in a coach, there is too much BH has to offer! No matter what coach we get we still have BH blood pumping through these kids! BH does a good job (Teachers, Staff, Parents, Coaches) in making these kids believe that they can be the best!

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't have a dog in this hunt but I'm a 3rd generation Hillian and I'll tell you this.  Yes, we do have some overzealous parents and always have.  Show me a school that doesn't!  Yes, politics play a part in HS sports...show me a school that doesn't!  Has Price done a good job at the Hill...obviously, his record speaks the fact!  But hey guys, sometimes you have to force the issue or you never get any better and that's in EVERYTHING - your own life included!!!  The fact is now we go foward, hating Price or hating the school board - moot point, decision made.  BHFan is passionate about what he witnessed on the field and for him, didn't like Price's style (and I concur about the whole adjustments comments.)  BH34 thought highly of the man and that's his perogative too.  But guys and gals of the Hill that bleed Royal Blue...we move on and we support the new regime, whomever it may be!!  Guys in the GT area, thanks for your interest in the Hill, that shows you care :), and Golden Triangle, your comment is neither respected nor appreciated and was totally not called for on this board.  Everybody has an opinion but to tell somebody on here to shut up....

[quote name="BHFAN" post="711945" timestamp="1258638787"]
[quote author=BHBrave08 link=topic=62612.msg711925#msg711925 date=1258636089]
[quote author=bh34 link=topic=62612.msg711892#msg711892 date=1258609177]
I want to say this to all of you that have been praying for this day to come. If our board doesn't hire a great coach, and we get a guy in here that goes 5-5 the next three or four years, or who gets beat in the first round of the playoffs every time. I will be on here throwing it back in your face. See what I'm expecting with all the great talent we have, is a State Championship for the next three years. It wasn't exceptable for Price to go one or two rounds seven out of ten years, so the bar is set very high for the next guy.
[/quote]

I'm sorry before I even start but you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The Hill has a lot of mediocre athletes that mommy and daddy think are at least small D1 material and the honest truth is that I can think of maybe 5 since 1995 that would be D1 football players possibly. And thats not a hit on the kids at all. Cause they work their butts of and have for years to be better than teams that out-athlete them. But the truth is that they are not all that naturally talented and never really have been. And when you are playing in District you face teams that are good and bad. But when you get to the playoffs... everyone is good. So natural athletes start to play a much bigger role. And when a team like the Hill who is and has been very fundamentally sound and hard working but just mediocre athlete-wise and they get to the playoffs and play a team like we have in the past (Kirbyville, Central, PNG, etc.) who is also fundamentally sounds but has one or two big name players that are naturally great athletes it is the deciding factor. Barbers Hill in the last 10 years has not had the Athlete-pool do go any further than one or two rounds. That has nothing to do with coaching and it will remain that way with the next coach unless he brings some phenomenal athlete to town with him.
[/quote]

What Big time athlete's does PNG have this year? This always seems to be the case where folks talk down the talent at BH while hyping the coaches. There are plenty of programs that are successful in the state with out DIV1 talent. BH has been beaten in the playoff by teams with no big name athlete's. Now don't get me wrong I am aware that BH doesn't have DIV1 talent, but as a whole I think the kids at BH should be able to compete in our area. The coaches are a big part of the developement of the kids, but BH parents spend tons of money during the off season with special camps and coaching to make there kids better. I know some folks are upset due to coach Price leaving and some (BH34) would just love to see the next guy fail ,so he could flap his wings an say "I told you so". Me on the other hand could care less! Alot of folks have been wanting a change at BH and Price made several changes during the last 4-5 years to try and make BH better, Those attempts failed for what ever reason. The important thing here is the Kids at BH and the schools Tradition! Folks live in BH for a reason and its not the new Sonic ;D Bring on the new coach and lets see what the Eagles are capable of! 10 years is a lifetime for a Football Coach to be a t a school! I hope Coach Price goes to another school and wins 5 State Championships! This is not the end of the world for Price or BH both will be just fine!
[/quote]

True PNG didn't have any superstar football players but across the board they did have better athletes (or more in quantity of the same caliber athletes) than the Hill. And you are being misled if you think that anyone in the last 5 years that has won state in any classification doesn't have as good or better athletes than 95% of the teams they beat. Look at the Dayton game this year... As much as it disgust me to say it (haha) we should never have been in that game. Dayton was down from usual this year and and BH was able to manage staying in the game only because dayton played very very poorly for most of the game. But the 3rd (may have been the 4th that game was a while ago) quarter showed how much better they were than us athlete-wise and that quarter was the only one they played well. And they still won off almost solely that quarter.

[quote name="bh34" post="712002" timestamp="1258642951"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=62612.msg711945#msg711945 date=1258638787]
I want to say this to all of you that have been praying for this day to come. If our board doesn't hire a great coach, and we get a guy in here that goes 5-5 the next three or four years, or who gets beat in the first round of the playoffs every time. I will be on here throwing it back in your face. See what I'm expecting with all the great talent we have, is a State Championship for the next three years. It wasn't exceptable for Price to go one or two rounds seven out of ten years, so the bar is set very high for the next guy.
[/quote]

I'm sorry before I even start but you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The Hill has a lot of mediocre athletes that mommy and daddy think are at least small D1 material and the honest truth is that I can think of maybe 5 since 1995 that would be D1 football players possibly. And thats not a hit on the kids at all. Cause they work their butts of and have for years to be better than teams that out-athlete them. But the truth is that they are not all that naturally talented and never really have been. And when you are playing in District you face teams that are good and bad. But when you get to the playoffs... everyone is good. So natural athletes start to play a much bigger role. And when a team like the Hill who is and has been very fundamentally sound and hard working but just mediocre athlete-wise and they get to the playoffs and play a team like we have in the past (Kirbyville, Central, PNG, etc.) who is also fundamentally sounds but has one or two big name players that are naturally great athletes it is the deciding factor. Barbers Hill in the last 10 years has not had the Athlete-pool do go any further than one or two rounds. That has nothing to do with coaching and it will remain that way with the next coach unless he brings some phenomenal athlete to town with him.
[/quote]

What Big time athlete's does PNG have this year? This always seems to be the case where folks talk down the talent at BH while hyping the coaches. There are plenty of programs that are successful in the state with out DIV1 talent. BH has been beaten in the playoff by teams with no big name athlete's. Now don't get me wrong I am aware that BH doesn't have DIV1 talent, but as a whole I think the kids at BH should be able to compete in our area. The coaches are a big part of the developement of the kids, but BH parents spend tons of money during the off season with special camps and coaching to make there kids better. I know some folks are upset due to coach Price leaving and some (BH34) would just love to see the next guy fail ,so he could flap his wings an say "I told you so". Me on the other hand could care less! Alot of folks have been wanting a change at BH and Price made several changes during the last 4-5 years to try and make BH better, Those attempts failed for what ever reason. The important thing here is the Kids at BH and the schools Tradition! Folks live in BH for a reason and its not the new Sonic ;D Bring on the new coach and lets see what the Eagles are capable of! 10 years is a lifetime for a Football Coach to be a t a school! I hope Coach Price goes to another school and wins 5 State Championships! This is not the end of the world for Price or BH both will be just fine!
[/quote]

Hey, Brave and Bhfan, are ya'll smoking crack? Did ya'll actually read my post?  

First off Brave, what do you think I was getting at in my post? Me and you agree 100%!! I know what Don had to work with and understand the great job he did with the talent he had. It wasn't good enough, for some though, they thought we should go three or four rounds every year(I wish we could have also) I understood were we stood talent wise with other teams once we got past the first round, and then throw in some bad luck, like losing Chris his senior year etc.etc. So now the next coach coming in here(using Price as a standard) has to go more than two rounds every year or he should be fired also...I mean, isn't that what we just did? I think you missed the sarcasm in my comments.

Now Bhfan, I DO NOT want our next coach to fail!!! I said I hope that I get to eat my words on defending Price!!! I love this school and, NEVER, EVER, would want it to do bad, just so I could flap my wings about how wrong others were. I hope and pray that our board hires a great coach, that comes in here and far exceeds anything Price has done...I want to be wrong about Price leaving!!!  I want... no desire, to come back on here and tell you, and all the others, that I was wrong about Price and he should have gone long ago. But, if we get some nothing coach that takes the program backwards, then I'll be on here reminding you and others of what we lost...I hope and pray I don't have to do that. BHfan please don't turn my words around to say something I didn't say. I said in my post, that I am NOT one of those people that hope the program fails because my guy is gone. No matter what, I will always support our team, and the new coach. If he does a great job, I'll stick up for him just like I and others have done for Don. I have NO personal relationship with Don, so this isn't about politics. I just understand the great thing he has done here, and where the program was when he came and how much it improved under his leadership...even moving into 4a.
[/quote]

[quote name="bh34" post="711892" timestamp="1258609177"]

With that said, if we get a guy that does great with our program and improves it. I'll be on here saying how wrong I was about Price, and it was time for him to go and all of you were correct. If we are kicking tail I'll be happy to eat (you know what) everyday...I'd love that. I guess you can tell I don't have ANY confidence that I'll have to do that.

I hope and pray, that I get to eat all of my words...I mean it, I really want to eat them. I'm not one, that just because a coach I like is leaving I want the program to go down...I'm afraid of exactly that.
[/quote]

So what exactly are you trying to say  ??? ??? You're hungry ?

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="712036" timestamp="1258644308"]

With that said, if we get a guy that does great with our program and improves it. I'll be on here saying how wrong I was about Price, and it was time for him to go and all of you were correct. If we are kicking tail I'll be happy to eat (you know what) everyday...I'd love that. I guess you can tell I don't have ANY confidence that I'll have to do that.

I hope and pray, that I get to eat all of my words...I mean it, I really want to eat them. I'm not one, that just because a coach I like is leaving I want the program to go down...I'm afraid of exactly that.
[/quote]

So what exactly are you trying to say  ??? ??? You're hungry ?
[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="711941" timestamp="1258638629"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
This is the truth Barbers Hill fans don't want to hear...
As someone who has seen all the talent that is feeding up to Barbers Hill from Junior High (by watching them play at Dayton), there are two groups that do have talent, the current 9th graders and 7th graders are GOOD!, but...
not good enough to beat Dayton, which is one of the best 4A football programs in the region.
Forecast for Barbers Hill over the next half decade is they will have a team good enough to post winning records and maybe win a playoff game here or there, but a region III championship trophy (winning quarter finals) is probably not in the opting considering NONE of their teams beat Dayton this year (except for the last round of junior high games (8th A beat Dayton)).
IMO...
Coach Price was a good coach and got all he could out of what he was given.
If the people in Barbers Hill think they can win the Kentucky derby riding a mule more power to them, but it is setting up the new coach for failure.
[/quote]

Purple...that's got to your worst post ever. Period.
First of all, the "Price situation" doesn't really have much to do w/ W's and L's.
Secondly, BH wins at baseball, softball, volleyball, golf, etc. but doesn't have any athletes  ???
BH has to work harder at football because they have no depth....being one of the smallest 4A schools in the state.

I can tell you what the inner circle is looking for. I have heard it before. And it has nothing to do about football.
I look for Penee Hall to come back as the AD\HC of the girls Basket Ball and for BH to just hire a head football coach who ever it is. The main reason she left in the first place is because she didn't get the AD job when Price got it. Certain people have daughters coming up that are good and successful basket ball players thru the junior high and little dribblers leagues. One group even won nationals. and they want their kids to have the best opportunity and coach to take them back and win state and she has deep roots here even with certain members on the school board.
Just my opinion.

[quote name="Eagle82" post="712023" timestamp="1258643784"]
Well, I don't have a dog in this hunt but I'm a 3rd generation Hillian and I'll tell you this.  Yes, we do have some overzealous parents and always have.  Show me a school that doesn't!  Yes, politics play a part in HS sports...show me a school that doesn't!  Has Price done a good job at the Hill...obviously, his record speaks the fact!  But hey guys, sometimes you have to force the issue or you never get any better and that's in EVERYTHING - your own life included!!!  The fact is now we go foward, hating Price or hating the school board - moot point, decision made.  BHFan is passionate about what he witnessed on the field and for him, didn't like Price's style (and I concur about the whole adjustments comments.)  BH34 thought highly of the man and that's his perogative too.  But guys and gals of the Hill that bleed Royal Blue...we move on and we support the new regime, whomever it may be!!  Guys in the GT area, thanks for your interest in the Hill, that shows you care :), and Golden Triangle, your comment is neither respected nor appreciated and was totally not called for on this board.  Everybody has an opinion but to tell somebody on here to shut up....

[/quote]

Good post. We are all on the same team here guys!

[quote name="BH96" post="712042" timestamp="1258644754"]
I can tell you what the inner circle is looking for. I have heard it before. And it has nothing to do about football.
I look for Penee Hall to come back as the AD\HC of the girls Basket Ball and for BH to just hire a head football coach who ever it is. The main reason she left in the first place is because she didn't get the AD job when Price got it. Certain people have daughters coming up that are good and successful basket ball players thru the junior high and little dribblers leagues. One group even won nationals. and they want their kids to have the best opportunity and coach to take them back and win state and she has deep roots here even with certain members on the school board.
Just my opinion.
[/quote]

Off topic ,but your Avatar brings back some memories!! That was a great catch

BH96 - That would be the worst decision of all time to bring back Hall.  If you know anything about when she was at BH previously, she did some very questionable things as a professional, a judge would even call it illegal.  If I had a daughter at BH I would not want Hall coaching her.

Who cares what the parents think.  Talk to the students/athletes that have played and will be playing for BH.  Thats what matters.  I have spoken to several past athletes in reference to Price and their comments weren't the best.  Price may have done an excellent job as far as managing but IMO lacked the respect from the players.  There's a lot of pride and tradition at BH and the athletes/students know this so they are going to work their butts off but I don't think it had anything to do with Price.

[quote name="bh34" post="712002" timestamp="1258642951"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=62612.msg711945#msg711945 date=1258638787]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey, Brave and Bhfan, are ya'll smoking crack? Did ya'll actually read my post?  

First off Brave, what do you think I was getting at in my post? Me and you agree 100%!! I know what Don had to work with and understand the great job he did with the talent he had. It wasn't good enough, for some though, they thought we should go three or four rounds every year(I wish we could have also) I understood were we stood talent wise with other teams once we got past the first round, and then throw in some bad luck, like losing Chris his senior year etc.etc. So now the next coach coming in here(using Price as a standard) has to go more than two rounds every year or he should be fired also...I mean, isn't that what we just did? I think you missed the sarcasm in my comments.

Now Bhfan, I DO NOT want our next coach to fail!!! I said I hope that I get to eat my words on defending Price!!! I love this school and, NEVER, EVER, would want it to do bad, just so I could flap my wings about how wrong others were. I hope and pray that our board hires a great coach, that comes in here and far exceeds anything Price has done...I want to be wrong about Price leaving!!!  I want... no desire, to come back on here and tell you, and all the others, that I was wrong about Price and he should have gone long ago. But, if we get some nothing coach that takes the program backwards, then I'll be on here reminding you and others of what we lost...I hope and pray I don't have to do that. BHfan please don't turn my words around to say something I didn't say. I said in my post, that I am NOT one of those people that hope the program fails because my guy is gone. No matter what, I will always support our team, and the new coach. If he does a great job, I'll stick up for him just like I and others have done for Don. I have NO personal relationship with Don, so this isn't about politics. I just understand the great thing he has done here, and where the program was when he came and how much it improved under his leadership...even moving into 4a.
[/quote]

34, I knew exactly what you meant, and I agree with you. Good post!

[quote name="Stranger" post="712060" timestamp="1258646266"]
BH96 - That would be the worst decision of all time to bring back Hall.  If you know anything about when she was at BH previously, she did some very questionable things as a professional, a judge would even call it illegal.  If I had a daughter at BH I would not want Hall coaching her.
[/quote]

I don't think '96 suggested that she be brought back, that's just a possiblity with the group in control now.

if stewart came to the hill they would be the powerhouse in the district. great coaching makes the difference. you don't hear anyone in daytown complaining and they don't have any d1 players this year. they probably will not go as deep this year but they will always be in the hunt because of stewart and his coaches. that is not an accident.

[quote name="gcmbigdaddy" post="712094" timestamp="1258648260"]
if stewart came to the hill they would be the powerhouse in the district. great coaching makes the difference. you don't hear anyone in daytown complaining and they don't have any d1 players this year. they probably will not go as deep this year but they will always be in the hunt because of stewart and his coaches. that is not an accident.
[/quote]

Exactly 8)

no I dont wont her back either. I had enough of her when I was in school in the early 90's. And yes some of the stuff she did and the kids she hung around with would not have been tolerated in a bigger community. But Im just saying thats one of the possibilites that could happen. I know some people on the school board and employed by the school that want it to happen. But I think it will be a bad decision all the way around. But dont be surprise if you dont see her as a finalist.

Guest GCMPats
OK. Lot's of discussion from the Hill folks. Now back to the topic.
Let's have a short list of the coaches that could/would be the next Barber's Hill Head Coach.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="EAGLE07" post="712116" timestamp="1258649623"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=62612.msg712108#msg712108 date=1258649094]
OK. [b]Lot's of discussion from the Hill folks.[/b] Now back to the topic.
Let's have a short list of the coaches that could/would be the next Barber's Hill Head Coach.

[/quote]

REALLY  ??? ???
[/quote]

OK. Lot's of discussion from people with interst in the events that have occurred, or will occur, in relation to the hiring of a new head football coach in Mt Belvieu.

I am just wondering who would the Eagle faithful would like to get on board.

I will throw out a name: Clint Riley, former coordinator at REL and current member of the BH coaching staff. Man knows his stuff and should have been the head coach at Lee when Olin left.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="712108" timestamp="1258649094"]
OK. Lot's of discussion from the Hill folks. Now back to the topic.

[/quote]

We can name coaches all day, but untill they apply it's sensless to list names. I'll save my choice for when the list is made.

[quote name="badndn" post="712139" timestamp="1258651408"]
So if you are looking for a fresh start, why would a guy on the current staff (that you guys feel ain't gettin it done) be on your list?
[/quote]

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner ;D IMHO we need to go outside WAY outside and see who's out there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin