Who Will Be The Next Barbers Hill HC?

KFDM COOP

[quote name="GCMPats" post="712258" timestamp="1258657380"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=62612.msg712231#msg712231 date=1258655811]
Does anyone know if the school board will conduct the searching for a new coach, or will they appoint a "search committee" to go and collect the resumes.
I hope the Eagles land a quality coach that continues the tradition of sportsmanship and 110% effort.
[/quote]

Dr Poole was quoted in the Baytown Sun as saying that:

"The first step in hiring a new Athletics Director will be to establish a committee composed of stakeholders to help create a profile for the hiring of this position."

(No mention of a Head Football Coach.)
[/quote]

GCMPAT can you post a link to the article? I can't find anything

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BHFAN" post="712305" timestamp="1258660864"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=62612.msg712258#msg712258 date=1258657380]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=62612.msg712231#msg712231 date=1258655811]
Does anyone know if the school board will conduct the searching for a new coach, or will they appoint a "search committee" to go and collect the resumes.
I hope the Eagles land a quality coach that continues the tradition of sportsmanship and 110% effort.
[/quote]

"The first step in hiring a new Athletics Director will be to establish a committee composed of stakeholders to help create a profile for the hiring of this position."

[/quote]

[/quote]

The article only appears on the front of the paper and not on-line. I will scan a copy and try to add it on here.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="712310" timestamp="1258660954"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=62612.msg712305#msg712305 date=1258660864]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=62612.msg712258#msg712258 date=1258657380]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The article only appears on the front of the paper and not on-line. I will scan a copy and try to add it on here.
[/quote]

Awesome! Thanks

[quote name="BHBrave08" post="712278" timestamp="1258658418"]
[quote author=gcmbigdaddy link=topic=62612.msg712094#msg712094 date=1258648260]
if stewart came to the hill they would be the powerhouse in the district. great coaching makes the difference. you don't hear anyone in daytown complaining and they don't have any d1 players this year. they probably will not go as deep this year but they will always be in the hunt because of stewart and his coaches. that is not an accident.
[/quote]

I was at the dayton game this year and over half of their starting skill players are on par or better athlete-wise than our best 3 athletes...
[/quote]

i went to nine bh games this year and none of their losses were because they were out-matched physically. they were out-coached.

[quote name="gcmbigdaddy" post="712314" timestamp="1258661313"]
[quote author=BHBrave08 link=topic=62612.msg712278#msg712278 date=1258658418]
if stewart came to the hill they would be the powerhouse in the district. great coaching makes the difference. you don't hear anyone in daytown complaining and they don't have any d1 players this year. they probably will not go as deep this year but they will always be in the hunt because of stewart and his coaches. that is not an accident.
[/quote]

I was at the dayton game this year and over half of their starting skill players are on par or better athlete-wise than our best 3 athletes...
[/quote]

i went to nine bh games this year and none of their losses were because they were out-matched physically. they were out-coached.
[/quote]

Turning the ball over 4-5-6 times a game didn't help much either.  ;)  You must've missed the playoff game against PNG....BH was out-matched quite significantly in size.

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="712318" timestamp="1258661539"]
[quote author=gcmbigdaddy link=topic=62612.msg712314#msg712314 date=1258661313]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Turning the ball over 4-5-6 times a game didn't help much either.  ;)
[/quote]

a good coach will teach his qb when to throw the ball away or eat it.  also he will teach how to hang on to the ball.  if the kids can't do as they are taught then agood coach will get some other kid on the field who will or at least try until all options have been exausted.  no attempt was made to try a second team qb in a real 1st team game experience or a 3rd team qb or anyone else.

[quote name="gcmbigdaddy" post="712314" timestamp="1258661313"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So BH matched up man for man against PNG, Dayton, etc........    Not sure what games you went to bigdaddy.

[quote name="Golden Triangle" post="712327" timestamp="1258662240"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So BH matched up man for man against PNG, Dayton, etc........    Not sure what games you went to bigdaddy.
[/quote]

bh vs. png #1
total offense: bh 320yds      png 240yds
ints  bh 4
fumbles lost 2

bh vs. png #2
total offense bh 223yds      png 340yds
ints bh 2

bh vs. dayton
total offense bh 318yds      dayton 380 yds

how can you say they were so outmatched physically by either team?
bh has no d1 players...neither does dayton or png...

[quote name="BH96" post="712042" timestamp="1258644754"]
I can tell you what the inner circle is looking for. I have heard it before. And it has nothing to do about football.
I look for Penee Hall to come back as the AD\HC of the girls Basket Ball and for BH to just hire a head football coach who ever it is. The main reason she left in the first place is because she didn't get the AD job when Price got it. Certain people have daughters coming up that are good and successful basket ball players thru the junior high and little dribblers leagues. One group even won nationals. and they want their kids to have the best opportunity and coach to take them back and win state and she has deep roots here even with certain members on the school board.
Just my opinion.
[/quote]

96, you understand whats happening also. I'll be shocked if it doesn't take place just like you said. If it were to play out with her as AD, no really good football coach will set foot on our campus. If that system had been in place here for a while, and we had a AD with a record of success, that would be different, but not the way its coming down. I don't believe you'll get a good head coach if the AD is also the head girls basketball coach...no way it happens.

Just because you move the ball and gain yards doesn't mean you match up well physically.   Not sure where you got your intellect from but you need to ask for a refund.  

You can get on here and honestly say BH physically  ( size / strength / speed) matched up with PNG or Dayton ( haven't seen Dayton but know their history ).    Your in a make believe world my friend.

BH fans  I mean no disrespect towards your kids or program.......

[quote name="gcmbigdaddy" post="712345" timestamp="1258663335"]
[quote author=Golden Triangle link=topic=62612.msg712327#msg712327 date=1258662240]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

bh vs. png #1
total offense: bh 320yds      png 240yds
ints  bh 4
fumbles lost 2

bh vs. png #2
total offense bh 223yds      png 340yds
ints bh 2

bh vs. dayton
total offense bh 318yds      dayton 380 yds

how can you say they were so outmatched physically by either team?
bh has no d1 players...neither does dayton or png...
[/quote]
Your numbers show that BH played good...maybe from good coaching, maybe not. Those numbers have nothing to do with physical size matchups. I can promise you BH was not even close to matching up w/ PNG size-wise.

[quote name="Golden Triangle" post="712352" timestamp="1258664035"]
Just because you move the ball and gain yards doesn't mean you match up well physically.   Not sure where you got your intellect from but you need to ask for a refund.  

You can get on here and honestly say BH physically  ( size / strength / speed) matched up with PNG or Dayton ( haven't seen Dayton but know their history ).    Your in a make believe world my friend.

[/quote]

None taken...I agree w/ you 100%.
Matter of fact the numbers he posted goes against what he is debating. 

[quote name="Golden Triangle" post="712352" timestamp="1258664035"]

[/quote]

So you haven't seen Dayton, but because of history you think they are physically better than BH ??? and your making fun on someones intellect LOL ::)

Dayton has never had much size ask any of the Dayton Fans! PNG did out match us, but I don't think it was by as much as your are thinking.

Oh and did you see any of the teams you are talking about or is this based on what you think?

[quote name="BHFAN" post="712368" timestamp="1258665948"]
[quote author=Golden Triangle link=topic=62612.msg712352#msg712352 date=1258664035]

[/quote]

So you haven't seen Dayton, but because of history you think they are physically better than BH ??? and your making fun on someones intellect LOL ::)

Dayton has never had much size ask any of the Dayton Fans! PNG did out match us, but I don't think it was by as much as your are thinking.

Oh and did you see any of the teams you are talking about or is this based on what you think?
[/quote]

Dayton has never had a ton of O Line size but i was at the Dayton game this year and i can distinctly remember at least 4 kids out of Dayton's skill guys that were as fast or faster than BH's fastest kid.

dayton does not win football games because they are bigger or faster. they win games because they are well disciplined in all aspects of the game and extremely well coached.

north forest has a bunch of atheletes where are they?

great coaching gets the most out of what they have.

bh is not made up of a bunch of scrubs. they may not be the biggest or fastest but they are way better than 5-6. you can't change the talent, you can change the coach.

if price is so good he'll do just fine wherever goes. time will tell.

[quote name="gcmbigdaddy" post="712420" timestamp="1258670724"]
dayton does not win football games because they are bigger or faster. they win games because they are well disciplined in all aspects of the game and extremely well coached.

north forest has a bunch of atheletes where are they?

great coaching gets the most out of what they have.

bh is not made up of a bunch of scrubs. they may not be the biggest or fastest but they are way better than 5-6. you can't change the talent, you can change the coach.

if price is so good he'll do just fine wherever goes. time will tell.

[/quote] Dayton has never been very big but we are generally faster than most teams---especially at the skill positions

next HC wont matter for bh. Current freshman through juniors are ready for next year. sophmores and juniors are sick of losing. bh will be stacked on both sides of the ball no matter who the qb is. Experience will help greatly and they will outwork and outplay all the other teams in the district, and they will be successful for a while so get used to bh being on top again. plain and simple, not sugar coated.

[quote name="sugar coated" post="712501" timestamp="1258677955"]
next HC wont matter for bh. Current freshman through juniors are ready for next year. sophmores and juniors are sick of losing. bh will be stacked on both sides of the ball no matter who the qb is. Experience will help greatly and they will outwork and outplay all the other teams in the district, and they will be successful for a while so get used to bh being on top again. plain and simple, not sugar coated.
[/quote]The MIGHT be better than this year but they will not be on top---3rd place is where I see BH-----behind Dayton and Crosby

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="712518" timestamp="1258679118"]
[quote author=sugar coated link=topic=62612.msg712501#msg712501 date=1258677955]
[/quote]The MIGHT be better than this year but they will not be on top---3rd place is where I see BH-----behind Dayton and Crosby
[/quote]
nope....now that the sophmores have their first season over with and the juniors have experince you will see a MUCH better team next year. the newbie jitters are out and its time for em to shine. dont be fooled by this season

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="sugar coated" post="712528" timestamp="1258679999"]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=62612.msg712518#msg712518 date=1258679118]
[quote author=sugar coated link=topic=62612.msg712501#msg712501 date=1258677955]
[/quote]
nope....now that the sophmores have their first season over with and the juniors have experince you will see a MUCH better team next year. the newbie jitters are out and its time for em to shine. dont be fooled by this season
[/quote]

I guess the rest of the Jr.'s and Soph.'s in 19-4A that just finished whippin' that Eagle behind will only be getting worse.

GCM will return 9 defensive starters (including the entire sophomore secondary) and 5 offensive regulars.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder