Who Will Be The Next Barbers Hill HC?

KFDM COOP

[quote name="GCMPats" post="713063" timestamp="1258739185"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=62612.msg713058#msg713058 date=1258738708]
[quote author=Rebel4Christ link=topic=62612.msg712796#msg712796 date=1258695045]
BH fans, heed this warning.  You are playing in 4A.  [b]You are outmatched week in and week out.  Your school isn't getting any smaller, and your athletes will fall farther and farther behind [/b] due to obvious reasons.  [/quote]

Uhm, correct, BH is not getting smaller, so, it would stand to reason more players would come available, so, BH should have a better, deeper team, right? They won't "fall further behind..."   
[/quote]

I think their numbers in the district are growing. May be several years before that growth hits the high school. Until that time, they will struggle with depth issues.
[/quote]

You are correct. Two years ago BH was the 2nd fastest growing district in the state....behind Pearland. But I agree, it will be a few years before most of this growth is seen in the high schools.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="EX-Ceauxch" post="713089" timestamp="1258741801"]
[b]If they hire a girls BB coach to be the AD that will be the absolute dumbest thing possible for BH. [/b] Although it would not be frowned upon by the other teams in the district...It will ensure them a WIN on their schedule!!

I have recently be discussing with my wife a move to BH with our 4 kids. The move would allow us to be closer to my family.The district has great academics and all sports programs are great as stated before. However, I would not even consider moving into the district with a girls BB coach as the AD. Heck, I would have to quit my job and go back to coaching just to put my name in the hat...lol

"The only reason you hire a girls BB coach as the AD would be to submarine the football program...Like it or not, Football is King around here!!!!" -Coach Meaux
[/quote]

Believe it or not, but that is exactly what they tried to do a few years ago and it backfired. We lost a good superintendant because he wouldn't get rid of the AD and a couple of other administrators. Now they have found someone who will do their bidding for them.
One of the culprits' name has been brought up on here, but the poster already knew the answer to the question when it was posted. Nice try though. More than likely this will start the decline of BH athletics as a whole. It is really a shame.

[quote name="Rebel4Christ" post="712796" timestamp="1258695045"]
Russell Roberts?  Andy Evans?  These guys couldn't hold Don Price's jock.

BH fans, heed this warning.  You are playing in 4A.  You are outmatched week in and week out.  Your school isn't getting any smaller, and your athletes will fall farther and farther behind due to obvious reasons.  Whoever you hire will lead you to consistent 4-6 or 5-5 records for many years to come. 

Don Price is a class act.  An offensive innovator.  A dedicated coach and AD.  You guys on the hill messed up, messed up bad.
[/quote]

You are a Dallas Cowboys fan enough said!!!

[quote name="Uncle woody" post="713151" timestamp="1258746822"]
I hope that the new HC knows what he is doing, and can lead the Eagles to a State Championship.  :)
[/quote]

Now that's funny!!!! LMAO!!!!!

Not sure I follow, but Price was let go because the football program at BH has peeked and change was needed. Being a coach is not your typical 9-5 job you are judged upon W's and L's as well as the other aspects of the job. When you have a job that is paid for by tax dollars then you are at the mercy of those who pay the taxes. Politics is a major part of this, but you just can't have a coach at a school for 40 years because he shows up on time! Now that being said Price did much more that just show up on time he pulled this program out of the gutter in 99' to go three rounds in the 3A playoffs barly losing to a Robinson team that I beleive went to state that year! Although I have been a major complainer when it comes to football over the years I wish Coach Price well and hope he lands a job that fits him and wish his family well. I have always thought Price was a good AD his management skills are fantastic, but at some point along the way the connection was lost with the kids. Again Thank You coach Price and may you and your family find success wherever you may go.

Now the next concern will BH learn from PNG's success and go out State wide and pay top dollar for a proven AD? Or will the good ole boy hunt begin for a cousin/friend to take over the program? I hope we do this right and find someone to take this talent that is comming up and do something with it!!
[/quote]

if BH does what PNG does that will be to go state wide and find a unproven AD

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="713058" timestamp="1258738708"]
[quote author=Rebel4Christ link=topic=62612.msg712796#msg712796 date=1258695045]
BH fans, heed this warning.  You are playing in 4A.  [b]You are outmatched week in and week out.  Your school isn't getting any smaller, and your athletes will fall farther and farther behind [/b] due to obvious reasons.  [/quote]

Uhm, correct, BH is not getting smaller, so, it would stand to reason more players would come available, so, BH should have a better, deeper team, right? They won't "fall further behind..."   
[/quote]

True but this has not shown to be the case so far at the Hill. For some reason the athletes have stayed pretty much the same... different names and different numbers but not really any more or less athletic than the last 10 years or so. That may change and I hope it does but it has not shown to do so yet.

[quote name="Grammar Police" post="712898" timestamp="1258726836"]
[/quote]Well the thing is... There is no possible way thats gonna happen because Price was the only head coach they have ever hired from inside... It isn't happening...[/quote]

Not true....Pudgy Richardson was hired from inside. He was Sharp's DC, and eventually won a state championship for The Hill. Pudgy's  replacement, Joe Evans, was hired from inside as well.

Know your facts before spouting rhetoric............
[/quote]

Those were over 25 years ago. Thats why I didn't include them. Prolly should have though... Sorry

I wonder how this will play out? I know the thread is who will be the next HC? But I think all depends how they post the job?.....Will they seek a straight AD then hire a football hc/boys campus coordinator and girls campus coordinator? It all depends what Greg wants aka School Board? I've heard many people want the job seperated.

I'm hearing rumors of hiring Penee Hall as AD/Head Girls BB? Those rumors hold any truth? Are they after the current girls head bb coach's job? I've read where board members have girls coming up playing? Who would want to apply for the head fb coach where the AD is the girls bb coach? See how many quality applicants you get? None. Good luck on the hire!

I haven't been on in a while but have been reading the boards. Very entertaining. I was wondering how I was going reply to this post. First of all to answer the thread - I pray that Barbers Hill hires the best candiate available, not somebody that is already in the mind of the powers to be.

With that being said - I'm a Barbers Hill Boy born and bread - I truly believe a mistake was made. When I see every board member I will tell them respectfully. We all know the success the athletic program has had since Coach Price took over in 1998. Not ever in the history of the school has athletics as a whole had so much success. This is not all of Coach Price's credit - this is the credit of the coaches he was able to bring in and work with our great kids. They are the main credit (kids) they have allowed us to coach them. Our kids are not the most athletic - but for the most part we have hard working kids that love to work and be pushed (credit goes to parents). Don't get me wrong there are crazy parents out there that believe there kids are all-americans and it's the coaches fault that they don't get athletic scholarships. You have that every where. I pray Barbers Hill the best on the hiring process.

Just to let ya'll know - I met with Coach today for over an hour. It was a great talk - I'll let ya'll know this much - he still has the desire and fire to coach. Kinda wanted to suit up or get my whistle out.

Coach Yzquierdo

[quote name="EagleEyes" post="713327" timestamp="1258763783"]
I haven't been on in a while but have been reading the boards. Very entertaining. I was wondering how I was going reply to this post. First of all to answer the thread - I pray that Barbers Hill hires the best candiate available, not somebody that is already in the mind of the powers to be.

With that being said - I'm a Barbers Hill Boy born and bread - I truly believe a mistake was made. When I see every board member I will tell them respectfully. We all know the success the athletic program has had since Coach Price took over in 1998. Not ever in the history of the school has athletics as a whole had so much success. This is not all of Coach Price's credit - this is the credit of the coaches he was able to bring in and work with our great kids. They are the main credit (kids) they have allowed us to coach them. Our kids are not the most athletic - but for the most part we have hard working kids that love to work and be pushed (credit goes to parents). Don't get me wrong there are crazy parents out there that believe there kids are all-americans and it's the coaches fault that they don't get athletic scholarships. You have that every where. I pray Barbers Hill the best on the hiring process.

Just to let ya'll know - I met with Coach today for over an hour. It was a great talk - I'll let ya'll know this much - he still has the desire and fire to coach. Kinda wanted to suit up or get my whistle out.

Coach Yzquierdo

[/quote]

Great post coach!

[quote name="Bobcat" post="713313" timestamp="1258762267"]
I wonder how this will play out? I know the thread is who will be the next HC? But I think all depends how they post the job?.....Will they seek a straight AD then hire a football hc/boys campus coordinator and girls campus coordinator? It all depends what Greg wants aka School Board? I've heard many people want the job seperated.

I'm hearing rumors of hiring Penee Hall as AD/Head Girls BB? Those rumors hold any truth? Are they after the current girls head bb coach's job? I've read where board members have girls coming up playing? Who would want to apply for the head fb coach where the AD is the girls bb coach? See how many quality applicants you get? None. Good luck on the hire!
[/quote]

The current Barbers Hill girls coach is doing very very good, I doubt they'd get rid of them.

Ok, somebody enlighten me please about Pennee Hall.  Someone wrote earlier that she did something unethical or illegal. (just IM me please)  Is this documented or is it hearsay?  Secondly, other than the Hillians who actually KNOW her personally, like myself since I grew-up with her, are you just speculating that as an AD she wouldn't be worth a flip because she would have her own agenda - Girls Basketball???  In my opinion, and it's only MY opinion, I think she has the ability to be a good AD and knowing her roots and the fact that she is a native, why would she NOT want to see the football program excel???  She's not stupid, trust me!  Now, I will say I have been away a long time and alot can change, but man, where's the hate coming from?  And to say she wasn't a good coach????  I don't think you can win a state championship in any sport as a HC without the ability to get the best from your kids.....  Now, if whatever she did is illegal or unethical and is not a good role model, then yes, I would say that should probably keep her out - good coach or AD candidate aside.....  

Hey 82 when you find out let me know! Penny is not deserving of being ran through the mud IMHO. Does anyone have any prove or is this the Price "Inner Circle" passing rumors? Penny is an Icon of BH and is a big part of BH tradition. If you have some prove spill it if not shut it :-* I have heard a ton of rumors myself about Mr. Price that border on unethical, but that doesn't mean they are true! I wouldn't run his name in the dirt either because of hear say. Price is gone and a new chapter is coming to BH! It might be good and it might be bad ,but its coming :-\ My Opinion is that BH gave Coach Price 10 great years and he gave BH 10 great years can't we just leave it at that?

[quote name="BHBrave08" post="713301" timestamp="1258760874"]
[quote author=Grammar Police link=topic=62612.msg712898#msg712898 date=1258726836]
[/quote]Well the thing is... There is no possible way thats gonna happen because Price was the only head coach they have ever hired from inside... It isn't happening...[/quote]

Not true....Pudgy Richardson was hired from inside. He was Sharp's DC, and eventually won a state championship for The Hill. Pudgy's  replacement, Joe Evans, was hired from inside as well.

Know your facts before spouting rhetoric............
[/quote]

Those were over 25 years ago. Thats why I didn't include them. Prolly should have though... Sorry
[/quote]

Don't forget that Price himself was hired from within. He was Skidmore's OC.

I will not say on this board what Hall has done in the past.  I know for a fact things happened because it happened when I was in school in the 90's.  She would not be a good for BH.  Yes she won, but she also had quite a few D1 basketball players.  Also, she did not have to compete with volleyball so she got her players year round.  I have nothing personally against her, I just would not want her coaching my daughter if I had one.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Stranger" post="713847" timestamp="1258777332"]
I will not say on this board what Hall has done in the past.  I know for a fact things happened because it happened when I was in school in the 90's.  She would not be a good for BH.  Yes she won, but she also had quite a few D1 basketball players.  Also, she did not have to compete with volleyball so she got her players year round.  I have nothing personally against her, I just would not want her coaching my daughter if I had one.
[/quote]

Are you implying that she played for the "other team" and that makes her a poor coach?

[quote name="Stranger" post="713847" timestamp="1258777332"]
[/quote]

Well Stranger, PVT me so you don't have to be so cryptic.  Like I said, I grew-up with her and if she's being run through the mud, I would like to know.  IF you PVT me, then this board won't see it.  How 'bout it?

I think the board will do the right thing and go out and hire the best candidate! Maybe I'm in a dream world (No eye rolls from the readers please)  ;D ;D I'm not one to believe in conspiracy theories and inner circles and that someone is out to get Price and all that believe in him. The writing has been a on the wall for the last couple of years. This is not about this season it is about the last decade. Price has had a great record up until the move to 4A, but if you analyze the success it coincides with 1.) A good group of kids, 2.) Big school in 3A, 3.) One of the weakest districts in 3A. Now just about all three of those factors have turned. To me its one thing to win when you have the numbers then another when you don’t. Schools struggle with this all of the time, but there are coaches out there that can do well in any situation. I can’t help to look at PNG as an example and I’m sure there are hundreds of PNG like situations. I’m also sure that there are hundreds of schools that end up in a worse situations.  To me the board made a decision for BH to try and make BH football a better program. Now it’s up to them to make it happen. Before anyone jumps me just know that I do not like to see anyone lose there job, but knowing this is a coaching job it almost like working construction, at some point the job will be over. Coach Price will move on and be successful and I hope he lands something better than what he had.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kabamok245
    Newest Member
    kabamok245