Dallas ISD considering filing a grievance over PNG win

bullets13

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Man, those Dallas teams have a history of whining and crying about stuff like this.  Even on the basketball side.  Their feelings are hurt.  They’ll get over it.  

That Dallas superiority complex does not deal well with defeat. And this carries over to a lot of other things in life far beyond sports.

2 hours ago, pine curtain said:

Todd even said the ref warned him 2-3 times before he flagged them for hands to the face.

The ref knew he should not be calling that game.

Perception is reality no matter if anything happened or not

The ref has kids that go to PN-gisd and he owns a business that services the PN-g community.

You know if he would have made a call against PN-g it would have effected his business.

It is a no win situation for him and PN-g.

If the ref wasn't from PN-g this would not even be an issue today.

I agree, it does put that ref in a bad situation regardless of what happens....

2 hours ago, FearTheSpear said:

I know him and pretty sure his kids have been home schooled.  Not sure if they’re still doing that 

They were, but are back at PNI now for the first time in a few years.   I did my kid’s class Christmas party yesterday with his wife.  He’s a Nederland grad, with a business in Groves, that lives in PN.  I do think he should have recused himself from this game even though I think he did a fine job.  Just rewatching the game, he seemed to be the senior official. When the other refs had questions, they went to him.  He has reffed at some high levels including college.  

The chain gang was from Vidor.  Maybe they gave us some 9 yard 1st downs.  😀

This grievance will go nowhere.....The local referee in question didn't get a knock on his hotel door at 10 am that morning with his assignment to officiate said game. He knew well ahead of time what game his crew would be officiating.  He also had to think at some point this could be a bad situation to put not only himself but his team and community in. You know take the high road, do the right thing and bow out. He chose other wise. I would be willing to bet it was an oversight on several levels that created this situation. At the end of the day he, imo was no way a factor in SOC losing the game. jmo

23 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

They were, but are back at PNI now for the first time in a few years.   I did my kid’s class Christmas party yesterday with his wife.  He’s a Nederland grad, with a business in Groves, that lives in PN.  I do think he should have recused himself from this game even though I think he did a fine job.  Just rewatching the game, he seemed to be the senior official. When the other refs had questions, they went to him.  He has reffed at some high levels including college.  

What is bad is at the state game they bring a ALT official. 

All he would have had to do is switch with the ALT at anytime before the game.

2 hours ago, outanup said:

This grievance will go nowhere.....The local referee in question didn't get a knock on his hotel door at 10 am that morning with his assignment to officiate said game. He knew well ahead of time what game his crew would be officiating.  He also had to think at some point this could be a bad situation to put not only himself but his team and community in. You know take the high road, do the right thing and bow out. He chose other wise. I would be willing to bet it was an oversight on several levels that created this situation. At the end of the day he, imo was no way a factor in SOC losing the game. jmo

This matches my feelings. Even as a png fan, I don’t like the idea of a guy so connected being on the crew. Did it affect the outcome? No. But it should have been avoided.

That being said - All of the things the “disqualify” him can be waived by the coaches’ agreement, and beginning the game with that ref crew constitutes agreement. That means, once they start the game they lose the opportunity to have an opinion on the choice of ref. So, it could be that the coaches asked them to do the game, information was provided, none of the coaches said anything, and at that point they assumed the members they put forward had been approved. It’s not the ref’s job to do their research for them when the information has been provided equally to both sides.

Still, I think it would have been better for him to have been left off. 

3 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I thought it was odd too.  My wife went to the concession stand before the game and when she came back she said his name was listed as a ref, I was kinda shocked.  I made the comment to her at half “hell he’s definitely not helping us” 🤣 which I’m glad he didn’t do anything in our favor.  Just imagine if he’d been the one throwing the flags on that final drive 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

I would love to see these two play for the championship again next year. Especially after all the backlash from the pi call. This time I would like to see png win in a blowout

I don't see either one getting there next season. I think new blood gets to Arlington albeit from both Region 2 and 3 which both of these schools are from. I'll disclose more after February, but my darkhorse is out of Region 1 and it isn't Argyle. 

(This statement isn't for you @Mr. Thornton Melon 😞 ---->  Didn't mean to hijack the thread, yall carry on with whatever yall doing on here. 😎😁

30 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I don't see either one getting there next season. I think new blood gets to Arlington albeit from both Region 2 and 3 which both of these schools are from. I'll disclose more after February, but my darkhorse is out of Region 1 and it isn't Argyle. 

(This statement isn't for you @Mr. Thornton Melon 😞 ---->  Didn't mean to hijack the thread, yall carry on with whatever yall doing on here. 😎😁

I think we have a good chance with who we have returning and who is coming up. My thoughts are Huntsville will be a force to reckon with next year.

59 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

PNG will be better next season 

Nothing in football or life is guaranteed.

That being said, I think PN-G has the best chance to go to state of any team that will or may be in 5ADII Region 3 during the 2024 season.

History repeating itself has been a running theme for the Indians the last two seasons. I might point out that, with the exception of 1999, whenever the Indians have gone to state, they’ve made multiple trips over a short period of time.

In particular, this season saw the Indians’ second consecutive title game appearance. The only other time in PN-G history the Indians have made consecutive championship appearances, they went to three title games in a row.

All that’s to say, I like our odds. 😎

This shows Todds ignorance in the situation. The Field Judge threw the PI flag. The guy that is from Nederland and lives in PN was the Line Judge. Oh and the PI was proven legit. 
And furthermore Todd agreed to the crew. Done. Finished. Take some accountability for your team being out coached. Apologize to those kids for your lack of preparation.  Can’t tackle the guy one on one yet #21 Green caught Zero passes. Thats on the Legendary Todd.