Jeffery Breaux named OF’s New AD

Gocats90

8 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

This. Tell me you don't know anything about TXHSFB without telling me you don't know anything about TXHSFB. Just because "Gilmer" is attached to Harmony doesn't mean Gilmer Harmony = Gilmer. Setxathlete14, you just outed yourself as one who truly has no idea. 

Tell me you're not acting like gilmer harmony is an under .500 all time team like almost every other school in this area... wrong.

I also don't believe Gilmer harmony has a bunch of straight duds like portrayed neither.

15 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

This. Tell me you don't know anything about TXHSFB without telling me you don't know anything about TXHSFB. Just because "Gilmer" is attached to Harmony doesn't mean Gilmer Harmony = Gilmer. Setxathlete14, you just outed yourself as one who truly has no idea. 

That Seahorn kid they had was a dude though. Outside of him Jenkins did a heck of a job putting kids in a scheme that allowed them to be successful.

2 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Tell me you're not acting like gilmer harmony is an under .500 all time team like almost every other school in this area... wrong.

I also don't believe Gilmer harmony has a bunch of straight duds like portrayed neither.

Harmony absolutely and unequivocally "does not have better athletes than OF".

7 hours ago, 2wedge said:

I wish your son the best of luck in his new spread offense, but passing on Jenkins, who did what he did in Harmony in year 1, will be a legendary mistake in the coming years. Orangefield had a chance, but let the Little League Coaches of America get in the way of making a decision that could've advanced the program long term. They will reap what they've sown. 

Jenkins is a good coach but has been in 3 places in 6 years. Need someone that wants to stick around, not just pull chocks whenever he feels like it.

On 1/19/2024 at 1:11 PM, Bobcat1 said:

College ranks at Lamar? I don't see where else he coached. 

I'm shocked we passed on Jenkins. 

Just wanted someone that is willing to stick around longer than 2 years. Guy is a legit coach but moves around after 2 years a lot. Yea his son is going to Lamar but Lord knows he could transfer after 30 mins.

35 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Just wanted someone that is willing to stick around longer than 2 years. Guy is a legit coach but moves around after 2 years a lot. Yea his son is going to Lamar but Lord knows he could transfer after 30 mins.

You don't have to explain anything. Even though true, You won't change their mind. Lol

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Jeffery Breaux named OF’s New AD
On 1/20/2024 at 9:40 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

This thread will be something to look back on if Orangefield goes spread & goes 6-4 or better in the regular season. 

They would go 6-4 regardless of offense with that schedule and district.  Lots of bold statements here that mean nothing.  By all accounts, this guy is a good coach. 

10 hours ago, 2wedge said:

I wish your son the best of luck in his new spread offense, but passing on Jenkins, who did what he did in Harmony in year 1, will be a legendary mistake in the coming years. Orangefield had a chance, but let the Little League Coaches of America get in the way of making a decision that could've advanced the program long term. They will reap what they've sown. 

Little League Coaches of America! Well said! Can’t wait to watch this team attempt to pass block. TD/INT ratio should be interesting.

11 hours ago, Bobcat1 said:

I'd guess at least 4-5 years, he has a son who will be playing at Lamar and two other sons he would have brought with him - Not sure of their athletic ability. 

His Freshman son 6'3" 198, probably would have been the starting QB if he got the job. 

6 hours ago, QB1 said:

Jenkins is a good coach but has been in 3 places in 6 years. Need someone that wants to stick around, not just pull chocks whenever he feels like it.

I believe Peveto and Smalley are the only two Orangefield coaches that left on their own terms.

8 hours ago, Sports86 said:

His Freshman son 6'3" 198, probably would have been the starting QB if he got the job. 

This is probably the primary reason the chirpers above didn't feel like he was a good "fit". Might get in Little Johnny's way of being the first air raid QB in the history of the Orangefield program. Either way, I do not know Coach Breaux, and I wish him the best of luck. I just can't get over the fact that a coach with state championship experience applied for the Orangefield job and didn't get it. That's probably the darndest thing I've ever heard on this site! If they'd do a little research, the reasons he has had so many job changes are understandable and clearly worked to advance his career. His oldest is heading to Lamar and his younger son is about to be a freshman. Sounds like a pretty good shot for, at least, a 4-year term. If he delivers to Orangefield in those 4 years what he has delivered in Harmony in his 2 years there, I promise you the candidates for the job next time would be significantly better than the list they had for this opening. But, hey, we gon' run da spread!!

18 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

The fact that you keep calling them "Gilmer Harmony" tells me all I need to know. Go look at the records, strikingly similar to Orangefield over the past several years. With the exception of the State Title appearance and deep playoff runs they've had in the last two years. Wonder what the difference was in those 2 years? 

43 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

This is probably the primary reason the chirpers above didn't feel like he was a good "fit". Might get in Little Johnny's way of being the first air raid QB in the history of the Orangefield program. Either way, I do not know Coach Breaux, and I wish him the best of luck. I just can't get over the fact that a coach with state championship experience applied for the Orangefield job and didn't get it. That's probably the darndest thing I've ever heard on this site! If they'd do a little research, the reasons he has had so many job changes are understandable and clearly worked to advance his career. His oldest is heading to Lamar and his younger son is about to be a freshman. Sounds like a pretty good shot for, at least, a 4-year term. If he delivers to Orangefield in those 4 years what he has delivered in Harmony in his 2 years there, I promise you the candidates for the job next time would be significantly better than the list they had for this opening. But, hey, we gon' run da spread!!

Doesn't Breaux have state game experience?