Jeffery Breaux named OF’s New AD

Gocats90

On 12/19/2023 at 4:27 AM, Gametime5 said:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, sir, and if that’s how you feel then that’s your right. I’m not trying to be argumentative with you for sure so please don’t read anything I’m posting here as an attempt to show you up at all.

However there are a few facts that would surround that. You are speaking of Chris Theriot. I believe they passed on him years ago when he was Ofield’s defensive coordinator under head coach Blake Morrison. When Morrison left, I think that’s when they brought in Huckaby or something like that. If Theriot is now the defensive coordinator at Nederland , I wouldn’t think that would be what Orangefield needs to continue with success. I believe Nederland’s defense was quite poor this year and they haven’t been the Mecca for success in football in a few years. In fact I don’t think any Nederland coach would have high stock now as a potential AD/HFB candidate.  

Being from Orangefield cannot be the only qualification…or maybe it will be..hopefully not. If it’s just about being a former player at Orangefield , why not Derek Peveto from Orangefield who is currently at Vidor coaching. He was a much better athlete than Theriot was and much better than Peevey. Again just basing this off the previous comment you stated about Theriot was a good player from Orangefield.  That’s probably debatable in football. Depends on who you ask. I’m sure his coaching friends on here will quickly come to his defense on that, and that’s fine as well. It would appear to me that Theriot has enough on his plate trying to improve his defense. Probably not the best time to give him the key to the city and full command of Orangefield.

Having “some” knowledge of Orangefield , although not an abundant knowledge or as much as others on here, I do believe they will indeed hire someone from Orangefield. It’s just kind of there way on the overall scale. Yes, Huckaby was an outsider. Smalley was from BC, that was close enough so I would think overall they will go with someone the superintendent knows and doesn’t feel challenged by. When you know someone, it tends to make people in charge feel more comfortable. Not the best tactic to take when hiring a coach , but the facts are that pretty much anyone you hire for that job is guaranteed a playoff spot for the next two years as I hear they are staying in that small district. Again, 4 teams go.  They will once again be the largest school in that district, and they will make the playoffs.

They have hardworking athletes out there who want to be successful. Hopefully Orangefield will bring in the best candidate and not someone a particular school board member went to school with as the only reason. There are some good assistant coaches out there in this area. One that comes to mind is a guy like Chad Lutcherall at PNG. (Probably missed the spelling on his name).  Will see how it plays out. 

Could question ones commitment when said name is in on every plants operator opening.

On 12/15/2023 at 10:02 AM, Reagan said:

Again, this is where we’ll disagree.  It’s not about the talent pool.  It’s about getting right coach.  Will some teams ever get the right coach?  No!  We see that around here.  
Do a little study on how bad it was at Stephenville before Briles got there.  Brownwood was the big dog.  Then Stephenville won 4 Titles in 7 years.  
I wonder what Aledo’s history looked like before Buchanan arrived?  

Coach Buc started in '93

This is the hidden content, please

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2023 at 6:17 PM, setxathlete14 said:

@Cu Chulainnprobably knows who's it is to lose

I see your taking unprovoked shots again, and @BBfan061 your keyboard warrior friend likes that sort of thing.

I'll address this topic though by taking the opportunity to brag on our Administration who put out a survey to all of Orangefield  requesting the community's thoughts on selection criteria for every potential candidate. The survey was well thought out and showed that they are truly seeking to find the best fit. As a community and parents of young athletes we appreciate that very much!

The feel from at least the folks that speak to me on a regular basis, is that no one cares if they are originally from Orangefield or are in Orangefield currently. Most folks with real athletes don't give a dern about the "Good Ol'boy Syndrome" where folks would get placed in a position because of who they know, rather than their own coaching pedigree. We don't want everyone down at the field house with their mud pumps going trying to politic Little Will into a starting skill position. What we want is someone that comes in and makes winning the expectation rather than the goal. With that being said, if that describes a certain and or multiple candidates who happen to originally be from Orangefield, then so be it, bring'em home. Just my thoughts, but we don't need anyone who is committed to just one style of play. A real coach adjusts their game plan to the personnel that he has. IMO, we have struggled with blocking for some of our extremely talented running backs (currently Mason Manning, great young man who is being heavily scouted) through the years, and that has to be addressed in the weight room right now. We also need to be able to throw it and catch it some, so we can take a few shots down field to keep the defense from only keying in to stopping the run. If not, they blitz every down. 

To address your original comment, I do have friends who are most definitely in the know on the selection process and they tell me the same names you are all hearing as well as some that are out of the area. I have even heard that at least one prominent name put in to scare other applicants off with the intent of slimming down the group for his friend that he wants to land the job. At the end of the day, I believe we have the best Superintendent in Shaun McAlpin and School board Members in the area! I am very confident they will find the right candidate for the job. 

We should see soon. If I'm not mistaken, the job opening closed on the 31st. 

59 minutes ago, Cu Chulainn said:

I see your taking unprovoked shots again, and @BBfan061 your keyboard warrior friend likes that sort of thing.

I'll address this topic though by taking the opportunity to brag on our Administration who put out a survey to all of Orangefield  requesting the community's thoughts on selection criteria for every potential candidate. The survey was well thought out and showed that they are truly seeking to find the best fit. As a community and parents of young athletes we appreciate that very much!

The feel from at least the folks that speak to me on a regular basis, is that no one cares if they are originally from Orangefield or are in Orangefield currently. Most folks with real athletes don't give a dern about the "Good Ol'boy Syndrome" where folks would get placed in a position because of who they know, rather than their own coaching pedigree. We don't want everyone down at the field house with their mud pumps going trying to politic Little Will into a starting skill position. What we want is someone that comes in and makes winning the expectation rather than the goal. With that being said, if that describes a certain and or multiple candidates who happen to originally be from Orangefield, then so be it, bring'em home. Just my thoughts, but we don't need anyone who is committed to just one style of play. A real coach adjusts their game plan to the personnel that he has. IMO, we have struggled with blocking for some of our extremely talented running backs (currently Mason Manning, great young man who is being heavily scouted) through the years, and that has to be addressed in the weight room right now. We also need to be able to throw it and catch it some, so we can take a few shots down field to keep the defense from only keying in to stopping the run. If not, they blitz every down. 

To address your original comment, I do have friends who are most definitely in the know on the selection process and they tell me the same names you are all hearing as well as some that are out of the area. I have even heard that at least one prominent name put in to scare other applicants off with the intent of slimming down the group for his friend that he wants to land the job. At the end of the day, I believe we have the best Superintendent in Shaun McAlpin and School board Members in the area! I am very confident they will find the right candidate for the job. 

No shots. Just have a good idea and info. you're in the know around OF without speculation on here.

I do agree that was a great move but the admin on the community survey and hearsay says there's a bunch of great candidates 

Didn't know this could trigger such a childish reaction With the "taking shots" comment

1 hour ago, Cu Chulainn said:

LOL. 

3 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

No shots. Just have a good idea and info. you're in the know around OF without speculation on here.

I do agree that was a great move but the admin on the community survey and hearsay says there's a bunch of great candidates 

Didn't know this could trigger such a childish reaction With the "taking shots" comment

If nothing negative was meant, then you have my sincerest apology. I'm sorry I took the post the wrong way.

I do personally know some folks who have inside information on things sometimes, but I wouldnt want to lose their trust by sharing anything they tell me in confidence. On this particular "AD/HC Situation" I can just say that I believe it will be filled quickly since there is an immediate need to fill the role.  

6 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Simply stating that someone is going to be running the slot-T is considered whining. Triggered 🤣

Im not triggered, you're like a stuck record ..  85% of your posts are complaining/whining/ whaterver about the slot T.. add this one to it.

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Jeffery Breaux named OF’s New AD