#2 Silsbee vs #6 Bellville

BBfan061

10 hours ago, Smeyen said:

First, I’d like to say I’m a Brahma fan, I’m not interested in trash talking I just want my team to win just like Silsbee wants their team to win. There is some serious forum discussions on Dave Campbell’s Texas Football for all the teams still remaining but obviously for Carthage/PG game saying they will be the team for state championship. The teams stats specially. Just some insight…GO BELLVILLE!! 

That is an awesome attitude and a great post. But dude...the trash talking is where it's at. Hell, most of these guys don't know how to respond to anything else! Lol.

2 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

I don’t think being up by 20 and still playing starters is unsportsmanlike at all… maybe in some soft world sure. 

Honestly, I don't either. However, it is smart to rest starters, especially if you're banged up. But hanging some team with a 50 piece makes a statement that can mentally mess with the next weeks' opponents minds. jmo.

37 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Let's be honest... the slot T was developed to give unathletic kids a chance to be competitive against another team with superior athletes.  It actually works a lot of time, until a defense is able to slow down the T's running.  

We ALL agree that Bellville's defense is completely unprepared for Silsbee's offensive attack.  The only question is whether Silsbee's defense can to do to Bellville what they've already done to Vidor.  

Yeah shouldn’t be much more difficult than stopping Vidor. 

36 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

That is an awesome attitude and a great post. But dude...the trash talking is where it's at. Hell, most of these guys don't know how to respond to anything else! Lol.

I get that…. can’t control what other people say, I can control how I respond! I’m super excited about the game it’s going to be a great one! 

Just now, Smeyen said:

I get that…. can’t control what other people say, I can control how I respond! I’m super excited about the game it’s going to be a great one! 

There you go again with that "can do" attitude. Let's ease into this... Go back to my post and respond with something like, "Nobody asked for your opinion SmashButt. Keep your thoughts to yourself, and we'll both be better off".

13 hours ago, Hupernikomen said:

R&b, piggly wiggly, obannon’s, sunshine grocery..all those north side stores bring back memories.  

as far as this game, it reminds me of the Jasper vs Liberty Hill game back in the day.  LH had 3 or maybe even 4 1000 yard rushers.  And true to form they ran 6-8 yards per run all night long.  Jasper scored three td before a player from LH touched a bulldog with the ball. 

the game was high scoring and ended with a goal line stop for jasper to advance to the state championship. 

this game lines up to be very exciting with big time players making big time plays.  Neither team will dominate. A couple big plays will be the difference. 

then they(LH) won state the next two years.

2 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

There you go again with that "can do" attitude. Let's ease into this... Go back to my post and respond with something like, "Nobody asked for your opinion SmashButt. Keep your thoughts to yourself, and we'll both be better off".

I’m a nice lady. I don’t need to be rude to people on this forum. You may feel the need to, but I’m here to support my team just like y’all here to support your team. We both agree this is going to be a great game on Friday and one of us will walk away with a win. That’s all 🙂

2 minutes ago, Smeyen said:

I’m a nice lady. I don’t need to be rude to people on this forum. You may feel the need to, but I’m here to support my team just like y’all here to support your team. We both agree this is going to be a great game on Friday and one of us will walk away with a win. That’s all 🙂

Just having a little fun ma'am. I'm sorry, I didn't mean it...

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

Just having a little fun ma'am. I'm sorry, I didn't mean it...

I’m usually optimistic, half glass full kinda gal, but I do get passionate about HS football have v always loved it. I get angry when refs cheat or when a player tries to take another player out.  Love it more than College even pro. There’s nothing better than being able to root for your team in the stands, screaming soo loud you have a headache or a sore throat the next day! Good times 🏈

13 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

We went three rounds with it in ‘16… until we ran into a team that could slow us down a little and could air it out. 

Some could say that this Silsbee vs Bellville game has a very similar feel headed into to it as that Bridge City vs Stafford game that year… very similar teams IMO…  that Stafford team was loaded with talent…

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Let's be honest... the slot T was developed to give unathletic kids a chance to be competitive against another team with superior athletes.  It actually works a lot of time, until a defense is able to slow down the T's running.  

We ALL agree that Bellville's defense is completely unprepared for Silsbee's offensive attack.  The only question is whether Silsbee's defense can to do to Bellville what they've already done to Vidor.  

Yes Silsbee won against us.  But what's  Bellville got to be afraid of? The past two years combined  they scored 47 pts. winning by a total of 4 pts . yeah sure, if you going by when they played BC they probably come across as the unstoppable force. lmao. 

you need to change your username from CardinalBacker to Tigger.  

9 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If you are giving me Silsbee +14, how much?

our starting linebacker played rb for the first time ever and hung 200+ yards on yall. yet for some reason yall thinking  that the "one dimensinal" team won't do well vs your defense. hell,, on the fly that night we were not one dimensional we were 1 playered.

4 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

our starting linebacker played rb for the first time ever and hung 200+ yards on yall. yet for some reason yall thinking  that the "one dimensinal" team won't do well vs your defense. hell,, on the fly that night we were not one dimensional we were 1 playered.

Again, how much?

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Actually "WE" agree that Bellville is prepared for Silsbee offense because BV has better and more physical players than Silsbee. BV defense will field the single best player on the field and Silsbee will have no answer. 

Silsbee defense will likewise be ill-prepared for BV superior physicality and discipline. Silsbee LBs will be lost trying to figure out which RB to key vs the Gs. While being lost in confusion the more powerful BV OL will be blasting them into the turf. 

The only question is whether Silsbee can play better than they did against Sealy/WOS and offer a competitive game with Bellville. 

1 minute ago, 89Falcon said:

Actually "WE" agree that Bellville is prepared for Silsbee offense because BV has better and more physical players than Silsbee. BV defense will field the single best player on the field and Silsbee will have no answer. 

Silsbee defense will likewise be ill-prepared for BV superior physicality and discipline. Silsbee LBs will be lost trying to figure out which RB to key vs the Gs. While being lost in confusion the more powerful BV OL will be blasting them into the turf. 

The only question is whether Silsbee can play better than they did against Sealy/WOS and offer a competitive game with Bellville. 

The guru has spoken.

Cancel the game.