Opting up?

05Panther52

As a school that was formerly the smallest team in our 4A D1 district (and possibly the entire classification), let me state for the record that it sucks.  The range of students in D1 is huge, and it doesn’t help that schools in that district are huge for D1. Lum, Vidor, LiCk’eM, and Huffman, are usually flirting with 5A D2 numbers. I used to correctly state that you could add the entire enrollment of Newton to BC and our total attendance still wouldn’t be as large as the next-smallest school in our district. It’s no fun to go out on Friday and watch your team get sat on by a bigger bunch of unathletic kids. They just beat on sheer size and numbers. 

I’m not happy that we’re headed back up to D1. I’d rather get out-athleted in our D2 district than lose to a bunch of crappy (but bigger) schools. 

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

As a school that was formerly the smallest team in our 4A D1 district (and possibly the entire classification), let me state for the record that it sucks.  The range of students in D1 is huge, and it doesn’t help that schools in that district are huge for D1. Lum, Vidor, LiCk’eM, and Huffman, are usually flirting with 5A D2 numbers. I used to correctly state that you could add the entire enrollment of Newton to BC and our total attendance still wouldn’t be as large as the next-smallest school in our district. It’s no fun to go out on Friday and watch your team get sat on by a bigger bunch of unathletic kids. They just beat on sheer size and numbers. 

I’m not happy that we’re headed back up to D1. I’d rather get out-athleted in our D2 district than lose to a bunch of crappy (but bigger) schools. 

LCM has the smallest numbers in their 4a district around 200 less than the rest. 

9 minutes ago, americasteam22 said:

LCM has the smallest numbers in their 4a district around 200 less than the rest. 

You’re right… the numbers are a lot closer than they used to be. At one point (maybe 2019?) BC had something like 818 and the next smallest school was almost 1100.  I get why BC is growing, but I don’t understand how LCM is shrinking. 

11 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

You’re right… the numbers are a lot closer than they used to be. At one point (maybe 2019?) BC had something like 818 and the next smallest school was almost 1100.  I get why BC is growing, but I don’t understand how LCM is shrinking. 

I only know the past 6 years or so. . They were at 950 ish then jumped to 1050 ish and reading this site I saw around 1015 this year. So they float around 1000 give or take 50 either way. 

5 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

LOL...BC complaining about moving up to get destroyed by bigger "crappy schools"?  BC had the largest jump in enrollment numbers and the 2nd worst record in D2.  What does that say about your program and your "unathletic kids"?   Stop blaming others for the state of your program.    And LCM isn't anywhere close to moving up to 5AD2, we actually went down in enrollment.  

59 minutes ago, BEAR4LIFE said:

LOL...BC complaining about moving up to get destroyed by bigger "crappy schools"?  BC had the largest jump in enrollment numbers and the 2nd worst record in D2.  What does that say about your program and your "unathletic kids"?   Stop blaming others for the state of your program.    And LCM isn't anywhere close to moving up to 5AD2, we actually went down in enrollment.  

Why don’t you mind your business while you finish ruining peavey’s career by being so…..y’all. 

20 hours ago, Old Ape said:

Idiots! 4A is 4A in everything except football. Yes they should opt up. Unless HF, jasper, silsbee, and WOS tank they won’t have a shot at the playoffs. They are 3-17 in the last 2 years gotta try something.

They won’t do any good in D1 either. They oughta try making their program better. That’s always good advice 

10 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

What was the BC enrollment? Padilla is predicting the D2/D1 cut to jump up to 990