Jasper (20) @ Silsbee (21) - FINAL

jdawg03

13 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

When was the last time Silsbee had a QB that was threat to take off for a big play? Yeah, we're importing one in from West Brook next week, but I don't know how much he'll do this year.

Used to be unheard of for Silsbee to have slow, unathletic QBs that just sit back in the pocket. Be nice to have that threat again for opposing defenses to worry about.

The qb had a bad game. No doubt. But ive never smith run the qb in general. 

17 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

If I'm Silsbee, he has to be on the field. He has a big arm and can run. I followed him on JV. He is a Varsity QB all day. Our QB struggled tonight. 

Yep. I've missed seeing Silsbee quarterbacks doing stuff like this.

This is the hidden content, please

Left all those boys in the dust.

Sometimes you need to run when the line ain't holding up.

28 minutes ago, Hupernikomen said:

Losing 99 was a huge blow. He is disruptive as I have seen for Jasper since Red Bryant. 

i understand the strategy with 4, but Jasper has got to be able to get the ball to that TE. He is such a weapon.  The wrs and dang talented too, but obviously that is a tough defense to throw on. 

silsbee allowed jasper to stay in the game with all those turnovers.  And the call to go for 2 was a no-brainer.  Great play to end it by whoever that was on the edge.  Had 3 big blockers over there and he came through untouched somehow. 

First off,  hats off to Silsbee on the win.

I completely agree with you on each point. there is no replacing 99 (not on current roster) as much  as Ty'Anthony is of a force on Defense Tylon's presence on the field  impacts a game just as much.

Speaking of #9, the play there toward the end of regulation when they called holding blows me away. it was such a bang bang play how in the heck was there time for holding?

yes all day every day I like the go for 2 there at the end

54 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

First off,  hats off to Silsbee on the win.

I completely agree with you on each point. there is no replacing 99 (not on current roster) as much  as Ty'Anthony is of a force on Defense Tylon's presence on the field  impacts a game just as much.

Speaking of #9, the play there toward the end of regulation when they called holding blows me away. it was such a bang bang play how in the heck was there time for holding?

yes all day every day I like the go for 2 there at the end

I believe they called ineligible receiver downfield on that play and not holding 

23 minutes ago, KB24 said:

Yes he is. But playing him like that became their downfall. This is not madden. Silsbee did what they were supposed to do and stop him. It cost them in the end. 

Downfall?  It was the literally the only way we were in a position to win.  If we were done in, it wasn’t because smith was chosen to run one more time. It was because Silsbee showed grit and finally made a play to stop him and not have him mowing through several defenders for chunks of yards at a time.

hats of to coach c. on saving a weapon all season.  4 clearly showed why he is a prized recruit.  

1 hour ago, Hupernikomen said:

Downfall?  It was the literally the only way we were in a position to win.  If we were done in, it wasn’t because smith was chosen to run one more time. It was because Silsbee showed grit and finally made a play to stop him and not have him mowing through several defenders for chunks of yards at a time.

hats of to coach c. on saving a weapon all season.  4 clearly showed why he is a prized recruit.  

💯 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee vs. Sealy

Thursday, Nov. 9  7:30pm

Randall Reed Stadium, New Caney

Thanks for the info. My Silsbee part of the family will like this. It will allow them to attend the Jasper game with our family of Jasper supporters. Congratulations HF and WOS also. Anything is possible. WOS could pull a surprise.