Jasper (20) @ Silsbee (21) - FINAL

jdawg03

2 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Have to give Gary White a lot of credit on defense tonight. He made some pretty big plays for Silsbee when it was looking bleak.

If I'm a team playing the Tigers in the playoffs, I'm gonna take as many fat kids as I can and simply try to run over and through us.

Cuero. Has a big Oline. You will see the same type of plays. Just watch

2 minutes ago, TexasBoy89 said:

Jonah Brown with that game winning tackle! Wow this was one of the best matchups between these two I’ve ever seen. Jasper is a lot better than I thought and will be a tough out for anyone in the playoffs. Congrats Silsbee on another district title and good luck to both teams the rest of the way. What a game!

I don’t think Jasper is a lot better than last year Silsbee defensively is not better than last year. They have not been able to replace a lot of key play makers. This will hurt them in the playoffs. In my opinion they haven’t done anything different offensively from last year. 

2 minutes ago, KB24 said:

I don’t think Jasper is a lot better than last year Silsbee defensively is not better than last year. They have not been able to replace a lot of key play makers. This will hurt them in the playoffs. In my opinion they haven’t done anything different offensively from last year. 

They found our weakness tonight with Smith and that wildcat. That kid is the real deal 

Hats off Jasper, you brought it to us.  4 is a stud!  Then i have tomsay hats off to both teams for a great clean game!!  Not many flaGs at all tonight and i think only 2 15 yarders one for each team and they were both horse collar calls i believe.  Good game for my Tigers too.  A team took us out of our game and yet we fought from behind and pulled it out in the end!!

Losing 99 was a huge blow. He is disruptive as I have seen for Jasper since Red Bryant. 

i understand the strategy with 4, but Jasper has got to be able to get the ball to that TE. He is such a weapon.  The wrs and dang talented too, but obviously that is a tough defense to throw on. 

silsbee allowed jasper to stay in the game with all those turnovers.  And the call to go for 2 was a no-brainer.  Great play to end it by whoever that was on the edge.  Had 3 big blockers over there and he came through untouched somehow. 

7 minutes ago, Hupernikomen said:

Losing 99 was a huge blow. He is disruptive as I have seen for Jasper since Red Bryant. 

i understand the strategy with 4, but Jasper has got to be able to get the ball to that TE. He is such a weapon.  The wrs and dang talented too, but obviously that is a tough defense to throw on. 

silsbee allowed jasper to stay in the game with all those turnovers.  And the call to go for 2 was a no-brainer.  Great play to end it by whoever that was on the edge.  Had 3 big blockers over there and he came through untouched somehow. 

That was Jonah Brown. Heck of a play 

When was the last time Silsbee had a QB that was threat to take off for a big play? Yeah, we're importing one in from West Brook next week, but I don't know how much he'll do this year.

Used to be unheard of for Silsbee to have slow, unathletic QBs that just sit back in the pocket. Be nice to have that threat again for opposing defenses to worry about.

1 hour ago, Tigers94 said:

You start to think it wasn't meant to be with a fumble like that.

1 minute ago, Tigers94 said:

When was the last time Silsbee had a QB that was threat to take off for a big play? Yeah, we're importing one in from West Brook next week, but I don't know how much he'll do this year.

Used to be unheard of for Silsbee to have slow, unathletic QBs that just sit back in the pocket. Be nice to have that threat again for opposing defenses to worry about.

If I'm Silsbee, he has to be on the field. He has a big arm and can run. I followed him on JV. He is a Varsity QB all day. Our QB struggled tonight.