ALCS- Lone Star Series

Bochy is obviously a fantastic manager, but i've hated pretty much every pitching decision he's made in the last two games.  Dunning should've started over Heaney last night, and he should've stayed in with the bases loaded, or anybody but Bradford should've been brought in.  Bradford gives up lots of home runs.  I called it before it happened.  He got lucky with Alvarez, and then hung another to Abreu.  

That double play was also a killer in the 5th.  That was a big inning waiting to happen.

On 10/17/2023 at 2:02 PM, bullets13 said:

so did Eovaldi.  Didn't matter last night.  and Verlander and Valdez both beat the rangers last time, but they're a combined 0-2 in the series.  My point being, you have no point.  It's also debatable that Scherzer was healthy at that point.  He made one more abbreviated start after that and then went on the DL.  He had some lingering issues already. The real issue is that Scherzer hasn't seen game action in over a month.  Everything else means nothing, although I can't blame astros fans who are grasping for anything right now.  For what it's worth, Scherzer went 4 innings and 68 pitches in a simulated game last week.  He threw well enough that the rangers are going to start him, and he's had another week to get healthy.  Hopefully he's dealing, and hopefully Javier is missing the strike zone as much as he did against Minnesota last week.  If he gives up 5 walks in 5 innings against the rangers he'll be punished for it, although just like Scherzer's last outing against the stros, it doesn't really mean much until we see how he's pitching tomorrow night.

🙂

The Astros are a seasoned team with players who know how to win. Altuve, Alvarez, Bregman, Tucker, and who I think is the Astros not so secret weapon Maricio Dubon, I call him the magic man because he makes things happen. The Rangers cannot match these players in a dire situation just like yesterday. Cooler heads will prevail. Garcia was just waiting to start trouble. He didn’t need to poke the bear; The Astros will win one game is all they need.