Hamshire-Fannett (21) @ West Orange-Stark (14) - FINAL

jdawg03

On 10/7/2023 at 3:21 PM, ladybug33 said:

Explain if you would sir.

Ma’am, I think he’s referring to replacing an old white coach at a majority black school with a black coach (picked by CT himself, I hear). At least that’s the rumor. I’m not saying that’s the case, because I don’t know one way or the other. That’s the experiment. 

11 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

Has anyone heard from the loud mouth leader of the petition this year?    Have anymore meltdown videos been posted?

As long as CT is gone he should be happy, right?!

He wasn’t happy with Hick last year but I guess he’s happy now …he got what he wanted after all,or maybe he’s realizing he should have just kept quiet and let the Hall of  Fame Coach retire on his own terms!

13 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Ma’am, I think he’s referring to replacing an old white coach at a majority black school with a black coach (picked by CT himself, I hear). At least that’s the rumor. I’m not saying that’s the case, because I don’t know one way or the other. That’s the experiment. 

Nothing to do with color,the experiment is just simply the hiring process and picking a guy without any experience and let a program like WOS tank!

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

I didn't expect this from you. CB maybe. You know that's not what I'm talking about.

Your guy could be looking like a genius right now. All he had to do was hold the wheel basically. The ship would've taken good care of him. If he would've done what he said the night he got the job handed to him on a silver and blue platter. He'd literally be the king of the town right now. It's not that anyone has a problem with his color or religion or family values. Or anything else. It's the changes made to the program that have negatively affected the student athletes. And their chances to continue their education at a higher level.

37 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I didn't expect this from you. CB maybe. You know that's not what I'm talking about.

Your guy could be looking like a genius right now. All he had to do was hold the wheel basically. The ship would've taken good care of him. If he would've done what he said the night he got the job handed to him on a silver and blue platter. He'd literally be the king of the town right now. It's not that anyone has a problem with his color or religion or family values. Or anything else. It's the changes made to the program that have negatively affected the student athletes. And their chances to continue their education at a higher level.

I don’t know what you mean. I merely stated that was the rumor. I honestly thought that’s what you were referring to. 

7 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Hey, now! That’s a personal attack and you don’t allow those. 

But to your point, WOS fans still don’t get it. You can’t just plug a guy into those shoes and have the same results. WOS fans have long since believed that their athletes are somehow the best in the land, superior to everybody else, when in fact they weren’t superhuman, but your coach was. 

It’s not about moving away from the 50 defense. There are tons of schools that run the 50 and lose-going back to it isn’t going to fix things for y’all. If we all agree that the super was naive for thinking that “just anybody” could step in an continue winning, are the fans any less naive for thinking that some other somebody can step in and the winning pick right back up? 

If WOS wants to go back to state, it’s easy… they just need to hire another future hall of famer. But there weren’t any on that expansive list of 13 that applied two years ago. Which brings up the question, “how in the world does the winningest program in Texas only draw 13 names?” Where were the guys who wanted to grab up a few more rings before they retire? It wasn’t facilities. Nobody else has seat warmers. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Hey, now! That’s a personal attack and you don’t allow those. 

Assumed you would take it as a compliment and not an attack. But I'm also aware of rules and will take the punishment. It's more than worth it to clear up what some have deemed a racial issue.

It's not. At least not from the public opinions posted here on this site. Talk to people at the games and they'll say the same thing. Talk to former players that dont go to the games, and they'll say it too. Talk to players parents and they tell you things you won't hear here on this site. There are still quite a few things that don't get posted here... for good reason.

No one wants to fire him because he's black. No one is saying he has to be replaced by a white coach. Most are wanting him to be replaced with someone that has adequate knowledge of the traditions of the program. There were other candidates on the list but I don't remember 13. But I do remember my friend getting up at the board meeting and saying this was a sham of a hiring process. And he would know. He was on the committee that was assembled to find replacement candidates. Find them? They should've been beating down the door just for the opportunity to apply here. But that never happened. When H's buddy knew before CT even announced his retirement that H was in line for the job, then yes that's a problem.

But for the last time... the experiment was trying to change everything that had worked for so long. It just happened to be done by a group of inexperienced and unproven staff. I've explained they could've simply rolled with it. And maybe have just as much success as they get now. It would at least be more acceptable by the parents and fan base if we were doing Mustangs Way type things and giving 112%

There are former players as members of this site. Some that post and some that don't. Some of them could've done better keeping traditions. And i know for a fact that when given the opportunity to help they were either turned away or ignored. That's the type of behind the scenes that many of us don't understand. We also saw it in the departure of former players from the staff in the off season.

So why not take a moment to reflect on what H says...

"We're going to go out and we're going to try to execute on offense, execute on defense, and we know it's probably going to come down to the fourth quarter which we've got to find a way to win these type games going forward. "

Coaches do get most of the blame for team losses. On the flip side, some football knowledge cannot be coached or executed. I have seen a lot of improvement on our defense. The offense is where WOS is struggling badly. The QB is running more than he needs too. The OL missed their assignments, and QB was sacked a lot. Back in the day, the players had pride. Teams were not coming to our stadium and getting a victory on our field on homecoming. PERIOD! I would like to see the fans in the stands and those who hang around the fence to clap and yell positive encouragement to the players and not negatively at the coaches. Maybe, that would solve some of the low morale that was mentioned in another post. If the players are always hearing negative people yelling at their coaches, then the respect disappears. Why would a qualified coach want to come down here and put up with some of the fans at WOS. I WOULD NOT!!  

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Assumed you would take it as a compliment and not an attack. But I'm also aware of rules and will take the punishment. It's more than worth it to clear up what some have deemed a racial issue.

It's not. At least not from the public opinions posted here on this site. Talk to people at the games and they'll say the same thing. Talk to former players that dont go to the games, and they'll say it too. Talk to players parents and they tell you things you won't hear here on this site. There are still quite a few things that don't get posted here... for good reason.

No one wants to fire him because he's black. No one is saying he has to be replaced by a white coach. Most are wanting him to be replaced with someone that has adequate knowledge of the traditions of the program. There were other candidates on the list but I don't remember 13. But I do remember my friend getting up at the board meeting and saying this was a sham of a hiring process. And he would know. He was on the committee that was assembled to find replacement candidates. Find them? They should've been beating down the door just for the opportunity to apply here. But that never happened. When H's buddy knew before CT even announced his retirement that H was in line for the job, then yes that's a problem.

But for the last time... the experiment was trying to change everything that had worked for so long. It just happened to be done by a group of inexperienced and unproven staff. I've explained they could've simply rolled with it. And maybe have just as much success as they get now. It would at least be more acceptable by the parents and fan base if we were doing Mustangs Way type things and giving 112%

There are former players as members of this site. Some that post and some that don't. Some of them could've done better keeping traditions. And i know for a fact that when given the opportunity to help they were either turned away or ignored. That's the type of behind the scenes that many of us don't understand. We also saw it in the departure of former players from the staff in the off season.

So why not take a moment to reflect on what H says...

"We're going to go out and we're going to try to execute on offense, execute on defense, and we know it's probably going to come down to the fourth quarter which we've got to find a way to win these type games going forward. "

I agree with everything you said. Just know that nasty rumor which is not substantiated is thought by many. Including coaches. As I’ve stated, it is merely a rumor. I don’t believe nor dismiss it. I don’t know. 

29 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I agree with everything you said. Just know that nasty rumor which is not substantiated is thought by many. Including coaches. As I’ve stated, it is merely a rumor. I don’t believe nor dismiss it. I don’t know. 

I was asked by someone who is not a member on the site what the" Experiment" was about, I said that if it was mentioned again that I would ask so I did. Now I know, I hope people will move on from it.

7 hours ago, Bigdog said:

Did any of the former WOS assistants under Hooks or CT apply to come back to the job?   And no I am not trying to turn this into a hire Toby thread.

There were at least 2 that did. The majority of the staff saw this coming as well. They knew their days were numbered. If CT is getting pushed out, they didn't have a chance with the new AD. And many moved on to the next one. I think we have 2 that were kept. Not stayed.. kept. Come in and clear house and hire more people with no experience must be a proven method of success across the state. Now is that what Aledo, North Shore, China Spring, College Station, PNG... they all did that too? Well then I'm just another nobody with an opinion. But maybe those programs had success last year and this year? Amazing that they could lose a HOF coach and somehow continue. Or maybe we just don't have the athletes, facilities, budget, tradition, community support. Well they decided to kick most the communities wants and needs to the curb in the name of progress too.

So what's next. Invista just announced they will shut down production next year. Laying off 200-300 employees. This new plant will overlook the stadium and and completely stink with dangerous and noxious chemicals. That's why they wanted the gigantic vip area in the press box with multiple air filtration sytems. And the plant will only need 50 FT employees. Not the 5000 needed to build it. There's no influx of new families moving to WOS. It's been the opposite for 20 years. And now the one thing that we could hang our hat on is no longer there as a positive to entice new students. No more move ins. We had to hire a former player just to get his son on the field. Btw... he had no previous experience either. And I won't take the chance of libel/slander by saying any more about that.

This is not over. There will be more changes come spring to the makeup of the board that allowed this to happen. Mark my words that there are too many that find this entire situation from start to finish unacceptable.

13 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

There were at least 2 that did. The majority of the staff saw this coming as well. They knew their days were numbered. If CT is getting pushed out, they didn't have a chance with the new AD. And many moved on to the next one. I think we have 2 that were kept. Not stayed.. kept. Come in and clear house and hire more people with no experience must be a proven method of success across the state. Now is that what Aledo, North Shore, China Spring, College Station, PNG... they all did that too? Well then I'm just another nobody with an opinion. But maybe those programs had success last year and this year? Amazing that they could lose a HOF coach and somehow continue. Or maybe we just don't have the athletes, facilities, budget, tradition, community support. Well they decided to kick most the communities wants and needs to the curb in the name of progress too.

So what's next. Invista just announced they will shut down production next year. Laying off 200-300 employees. This new plant will overlook the stadium and and completely stink with dangerous and noxious chemicals. That's why they wanted the gigantic vip area in the press box with multiple air filtration sytems. And the plant will only need 50 FT employees. Not the 5000 needed to build it. There's no influx of new families moving to WOS. It's been the opposite for 20 years. And now the one thing that we could hang our hat on is no longer there as a positive to entice new students. No more move ins. We had to hire a former player just to get his son on the field. Btw... he had no previous experience either. And I won't take the chance of libel/slander by saying any more about that.

This is not over. There will be more changes come spring to the makeup of the board that allowed this to happen. Mark my words that there are too many that find this entire situation from start to finish unacceptable.

Well , honestly I am surprised that any staff stayed.   I don't know about PNG if they completely turned over the staff or not , one of the PNG folks could maybe speak to that.   As far as the new plant goes it is going to need way more than 50 full time employees to run it, that plant is going to be huge, and the CP Chem plant across the street has around 150-170 running a much smaller plant.   I will also say that they also run much cleaner than some of the other plants.  Hopefully some of the Invista folks can get on there.  As far as where they live, the plants have no control over that as long as they are within an hour drive. 

Maybe the board and super will be convinced to see the error in their ways and hire a more experienced HC and staff and correct the damage done.

20 hours ago, UGK said:

Cant believe CT is still hanging around there going to the games. That's not good

What is not good about that? Guy devoted almost half his life to coaching at the school.  He coached the upperclassmen and was over the program for the young guys.  Dude loves football and supports kids he coached.  I'm sure a lot of those kids he coached their dads, uncle, etc.

1 hour ago, TheOutsider said:

What is not good about that? Guy devoted almost half his life to coaching at the school.  He coached the upperclassmen and was over the program for the young guys.  Dude loves football and supports kids he coached.  I'm sure a lot of those kids he coached their dads, uncle, etc.

And in a few cases you can add grand dads too.