Tigers vs Stangs(The Showdown)

RealTalkRob

2 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

We (Newton) knew before we played that this game it was going to be a dog fight with WOS. If WOS can clean up some penalties then watch out, this game will be a dog fight too. 

Who are you kidding. WOS defense cannot stop any good offense, and they are not in the shape they were in the past.

1 hour ago, monknuk68 said:

Who are you kidding. WOS defense cannot stop any good offense, and they are not in the shape they were in the past.

Do you mean they were not in shape even in the first quarter when little o newton was running it down your throat. I was seeing post before the game that WOS was back. I still believe it will be a dog fight with Silsbee. It will be interesting to see the posts next week if WOS wins over the no. 2 state ranked team.

32 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

Do you mean they were not in shape even in the first quarter when little o newton was running it down your throat. I was seeing post before the game that WOS was back. I still believe it will be a dog fight with Silsbee. It will be interesting to see the posts next week if WOS wins over the no. 2 state ranked team.

I’m a long time WOS supporter and graduated from there in 84.  Seen a lot of Mustang football over the years. If Silsbee does somehow lose this game it won’t be because the Mustangs outplayed them. If will be costly mistakes on the Tigers part. I hate to say that but I’m looking at things realistically. We are a shadow of what we once were. 

On 9/16/2023 at 4:16 PM, STiger85 said:

The Mustangs have played the Tigers more than any other team in the past, what, thirty years. They know each other very well, the talent, the athletes, the speed, the traditions, the fans. Each team knows what is coming at each others house. So hard to beat WOS at home. We can't let WOS get out front like last year. I'm looking forward to a good hard-fought game. I'm a homer so I'm picking Silsbee. Iron sharpens Iron. TigerNation!!!

None of the past matters. New year, new coaches, new players, new game. I do agree that Silsbee wins. 

On 9/17/2023 at 8:33 AM, JaspD55 said:

IMO, last year, even though Silsbee scored couple times at the end of game to pull ahead, that might have been the Stangs best effort all District. They always play Silsbee tough.

WOS fans might not realize it, but this might be the best Offense they have put on the field in a long time. I know the Defense is not playing good, but with the athletes they have, and the fact they always play hard against Tigers, and throw in a break or two, at home, and using BMT chapter of Referees, I think WOS should be the favorite here.

And I don't believe Tigers have ever won in that Stadium.

Another factor is , if WOS looses this game, the season is probably over. 

One district loss by the best team in the district means the season is over? If you say so. Must be that new math. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

One district loss by the best team in the district means the season is over? If you say so. Must be that new math. 

Don't know about Math, but My point is, after coming off two losses,  another loss here, might be hard to bounce back  and beat HF, Jasper, and Bellville.  This is exactly what happened last year. I think this year the bleachers are gonna be even worse. jmo

As far as the best team in the District, not sure its WOS.

8 minutes ago, JaspD55 said:

Don't know about Math, but My point is, after coming off two losses,  another loss here, might be hard to bounce back  and beat HF, Jasper, and Bellville.  This is exactly what happened last year. I think this year the bleachers are gonna be even worse. jmo

I think he meant WO-S having one loss by the best team in the district (Silsbee) doesn't end the season.

12 minutes ago, JaspD55 said:

Too be fair if the beat HF and Jasper they wouldn’t have to play Bellville in the first round 

10 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

HAHA. Lol.

Actually that was HC DRH and DC CT. 

I was at that game. Long ride back to Orange on those old busses. But a lil background should also be included. That was the week that most all seniors walked off and quit. Instantly moving up many sophomores, my classmates. So many starting their first varsity game against a formidable powerhouse. Jasper put it on us 41-0. We barely beat BC the next week 24-21. Then a 1 pt loss to Vidor. And losing to PNG and NED in district too. But still went to the 2nd round. The next 2 seasons that same class of 99 led us to the playoffs before losing to La Marque in 97 and Silsbee in 98.

On 9/17/2023 at 8:33 AM, JaspD55 said:

IMO, last year, even though Silsbee scored couple times at the end of game to pull ahead, that might have been the Stangs best effort all District. They always play Silsbee tough.

WOS fans might not realize it, but this might be the best Offense they have put on the field in a long time. I know the Defense is not playing good, but with the athletes they have, and the fact they always play hard against Tigers, and throw in a break or two, at home, and using BMT chapter of Referees, I think WOS should be the favorite here.

And I don't believe Tigers have ever won in that Stadium.

Another factor is , if WOS looses this game, the season is probably over. 

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Silsbee won at WOS in 2009. 

Has been a bitter rivalry between Jasper, Silsbee & WOS for many years. No matter who was the dominant team was it was going to be some intense moments during the game. This one will be no different. I am still upset at a certain Silsbee coach who was whipping Jasper big time in early 90’s and would not take McQuire out and he got hurt before playoffs. 

13 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Silsbee won at WOS in 2009. 

Game was in Silsbee.

Year before, Silsbee should have won but QB knelt instead of spiking the ball to stop the clock on the 1 yard line with seconds remaining. Silsbee had no timeouts remaining. Had to rush the kicking team out but couldn't get the FG attempt off because time ran out. Lost in OT 13-7. That would have been another Silsbee win at their place.

9 minutes ago, Gameday2 said:

Has been a bitter rivalry between Jasper, Silsbee & WOS for many years. No matter who was the dominant team was it was going to be some intense moments during the game. This one will be no different. I am still upset at a certain Silsbee coach who was whipping Jasper big time in early 90’s and would not take McQuire out and he got hurt before playoffs. 

Your memory is faulty.

Jasper was leading Silsbee at the time of McGuire getting injured. Silsbee lost that game 17-7.

2 minutes ago, Gameday2 said:

Entirely possible, been to a lot of Silsbee games over the years. I will quit being upset at Coach over that one. 

Not just possible but fact.

Silsbee was down 10-7 early in the 3rd Q when McGuire broke a long run down to Jasper 10. Was tackled awkwardly on the sideline and the result was a severe leg injury. Clean tackle, just one of those things. Silsbee ended up missing tying FG. Tiger offense went pretty stale after that.