2023 Dallas Cowboys

13 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Not to defend the cowboys by any means, but if packers played like they did today they have a shot beating the 9ers… 

The difference is, the ‘Niners won’t play piss poor football like the Cowboys did last night. Freakin embarrassing. 

14 hours ago, BEARCPA said:

I don’t know why I subject myself to being a fan of this team 

The Cowboys are my least favorite team, but this stat is a bit skewed now that they play 17 games. I would be interested to know, in the sixteen game schedule, was there ever a team that won 11 games in three straight seasons and not make the conference championship. In a 16 game schedule, they would have only won 12 games in 2022. 

55 minutes ago, JSnipes said:

The Cowboys are my least favorite team, but this stat is a bit skewed now that they play 17 games. I would be interested to know, in the sixteen game schedule, was there ever a team that won 11 games in three straight seasons and not make the conference championship. In a 16 game schedule, they would have only won 12 games in 2022. 

Need to throw passing yardage and 1000 yard rushers in the too. 

The problem with Dallas is JJ. He wants to be the coach. As the owner I guess he has the right to do that but to win another super bowl he must concede to give a good coach that authority. Start with getting a good QB. Coach Belichick is out there, hire him and leave him alone. (But that is not going to happen ).

57 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

The problem with Dallas is JJ. He wants to be the coach. As the owner I guess he has the right to do that but to win another super bowl he must concede to give a good coach that authority. Start with getting a good QB. Coach Belichick is out there, hire him and leave him alone. (But that is not going to happen ).

Parcells 2.0 

Three problems, as far as I can see... the 'boys are incapable of playing good football four weeks in a row-and they have been for years.  They seem to lay an egg every third or fourth game, except the playoffs are three to four games.  All it takes is coming out flat in the first half of a playoff game and you can call it a year. 

I don't think Dak is that dude.  Heck of a nice guy, but I'm terrified when the game is on the line and Dak is under center... and he is, too.  You don't want look across the field and see Aaron Rogers, Mahomes, Brady, etc under center if you've got a one score lead and two minutes on the clock... they're about to score on you.  On the other hand, if the Cowboys have a 14 point lead in the fourth quarter and Dak has the blank, unblinking stare at the grass.... he's about to choke it away.  You know that look.

The Cowboys haven't taken a qb in the first round since '89.  That guy is in the HOF, and we haven't won anything since he retired.  Coincidence?  I think not.  There are literally 28 or 29 teams in the NFL with a better starting qb than DP... Tony Romo was stat monster, too.... except when it mattered.  Dak is no different.

I'm not sure that MM is the guy at head coach, either.  Dan Quinn didn't look like a defensive genius Sunday, either.  It could be that the Packers are a young team on the way to the pinnacle... and the cowboys just aren't capable of getting there in this current period.  I can't even begin to think about the Cowboys extending Dak.  It's like canceling your gym membership and admitting your just gonna be fat. 

The 48 points da 'Boys gave up was the most allowed in a playoff game in franchise history!  And they are talking about the DC as being a HC somewhere?  SMH.  

As long as J. Jones is the GM NOTHING will change.  He needs to give that part up.  But -- his ego will not allow it!!

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Parcells 2.0 

Three problems, as far as I can see... the 'boys are incapable of playing good football four weeks in a row-and they have been for years.  They seem to lay an egg every third or fourth game, except the playoffs are three to four games.  All it takes is coming out flat in the first half of a playoff game and you can call it a year. 

I don't think Dak is that dude.  Heck of a nice guy, but I'm terrified when the game is on the line and Dak is under center... and he is, too.  You don't want look across the field and see Aaron Rogers, Mahomes, Brady, etc under center if you've got a one score lead and two minutes on the clock... they're about to score on you.  On the other hand, if the Cowboys have a 14 point lead in the fourth quarter and Dak has the blank, unblinking stare at the grass.... he's about to choke it away.  You know that look.

The Cowboys haven't taken a qb in the first round since '89.  That guy is in the HOF, and we haven't won anything since he retired.  Coincidence?  I think not.  There are literally 28 or 29 teams in the NFL with a better starting qb than DP... Tony Romo was stat monster, too.... except when it mattered.  Dak is no different.

I'm not sure that MM is the guy at head coach, either.  Dan Quinn didn't look like a defensive genius Sunday, either.  It could be that the Packers are a young team on the way to the pinnacle... and the cowboys just aren't capable of getting there in this current period.  I can't even begin to think about the Cowboys extending Dak.  It's like canceling your gym membership and admitting your just gonna be fat. 

Please list the 28 or 29 QBs better than Dak. Just curious on this list 

Dallas needs many things to get back to winning. They talk about the secondary coach being very good and yet that is one of the worst secondary’s in the NFL. I personally do not see 1 player there that is a quality player. You may say Bland, but if you watch closely he gets beat more times than not. Next they must find a LB’er coach and get rid of #14 and #33. They have got to be 2 of the worst LB’ers in the NFL. Dan Quinn is not a good DC. Offensively, the OL is extremely poor. I would fire that coach as well and the majority of us know that Prescott chokes in big games. They are simply going to have to rebuild and do a much better job in the draft. This is going to take a few years and yes as long as Jones is in charge it will not happen 

The last thing I have to say is that Belichic is not the answer. Jones will not leave him alone to get the job done

As long as JJ is in control/GM spot nothing will ever change.  Some things about the GB game I found very strange was the interaction between McCarthy and Lamb on the sideline. Also the defensive play calling. GB receivers were running around wide open. I can understand a player getting loose from coverage but the defense looked very confused. Idk, but I believe some coaching changes are in order.